ADVERTISEMENT

Knightline 143: More Spring Football \ Guest Juan Toribio

Knightline #143: Juan Toribio of Knights 24/7 lets us know how the Knights are looking as the Spring Game nears ... we hear from Tacko Fall on returning for his Senior season ... checking in on Baseball and Softball as they bundle up in chilly Connecticut and we talk about what in the hell we're going to do until August 30th ... in #AskKnightline!

Couple of good nuggets in there.

I’m not happy about the switch to 4-3 even if it makes us better against the run. Football has been moving towards more passing plays for years and I dont see that changing.

The Otis Anderson transfer nugget really surprised me. Hoping there was no truth to that. We can’t afford to lose him from the field or his mom from twitter

This is gonna be my first year attending the spring game. What’s the deal? Full game with one practice squad versus another? Will they actually be going at it full force

They aren't allowed to touch the QB, I can't remember how they divvy up the teams, this is a new head coach so he may do it differently.

This is gonna be my first year attending the spring game. What’s the deal? Full game with one practice squad versus another? Will they actually be going at it full force
They always seem to be playing at nearly full speed. Agreed that Heup may choose teams differently. I don’t think that they have kickoffs and it’s usually the #1 offense against the #2 defense and vice versa.

It’s always a nice time out for the family and to hang with friends, especially because there hasn’t been assigned seating.

It’s even been better that they have moved it to the evening. Not as warm. I would recommend making a day out of it with tailgating. The atmosphere is chill as nothing is at stake. The beginning is usually pretty entertaining, but by the time the mid 3rd to 4th quarter comes around, it’s usually just about reps for the 3rd team, etc.

Last edited:
They always seem to be playing at nearly full speed. Agreed that Heup may chose teams differently. I don’t think that they have kickoffs and it’s usually the #1 offense against the #2 defense and vice versa.

It’s always a nice time out for the family and friends. Even better that they have moved it to the evening. Not as warm.
I actually wish they’d do 1v1 and 2v2 etc. So we can gauge who really needs extra work.

Knightline 143: More Spring Football \ Guest Juan Toribio

#ChargeOn#UCF#GoKnights #askknightline
I have mixed feelings on kickoffs and agree with trace that they’ll get phased out of the game eventually. The following video has some objective (statistics-based) info on kickoffs. Pretty entertaining (albeit long) if you are a sports nerd. The key stats are around the 5min mark if you want to only look at the numbers.

I have mixed feelings on kickoffs and agree with trace that they’ll get phased out of the game eventually. The following video has some objective (statistics-based) info on kickoffs. Pretty entertaining (albeit long) if you are a sports nerd. The key stats are around the 5min mark if you want to only look at the numbers.

I think that a KO return for a touchdown is one of the most exciting plays in sports and was the most exciting play for us in 2017 with Mike Hughes vs USF. We have had a few good returners lately with him and Killins and have done a decent job on KO return coverage in regards to preventing TDs, so they have been an advantage for UCF recently.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Has to be so boring covering the Rays. Wasn’t a whole lot of competition with UCF. So many writers are covering MLB and probably 5 or more local reporters to fight for stories.

He would probably take a job covering Tampa Bay area girls high school soccer if it meant an opportunity to get out of Orlando.

He would probably take a job covering Tampa Bay area girls high school soccer if it meant an opportunity to get out of Orlando.
Boy you are dumb. Stalking our board, taking the opportunity to pounce and then completely screwing up. Pick up you Troll game.

Thanks for the update on Jawon Hamilton. Unfortunately, both he and Payton have a ton of talent, which for the most part we have never seen because of a multitude of reasons. Injuries, legal issues, etc. Before you know it, you’re out of chances or eligibility. It’s really ashame

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT