ADVERTISEMENT

Knightline Overtime: More #AskKnightline From 1\14\18

How do we fill the sucking void in out lives after the excitement of this season is now over? There is only so much amusement I can get from reading the absolute denial of the cows fans on their message boards.

Will there be a viable pass rush with the loss of Griffin, Pittman and Guerard? I could always count on d-line production with the statue's players and now that we have lost most of those, I wonder who steps up. It could be the difference that changes everything next year. Well, that and the loss of Smith.

You did the knightliner awards, but I think a category you missed was biggest loss for 2018:
Griffin
Hughes
Akins
Smith
Pittman

You did the knightliner awards, but I think a category you missed was biggest loss for 2018:
Griffin
Hughes
Akins
Smith
Pittman
It's Smith. I'm interested to see how Milton plays without him. I feel like Smith was his security blanket. He has such good hands and ability to get separation, that he was able to get Milton through some tough situations. Particularly, the Peach bowl.

I'm not ragging on Milton, the kid is rightfully thought of as one of the best QBs in college football last year. However, Smith took his game to a new level. I would say the same about Many Ryan and Julio Jones. They complete each other.

It's Smith. I'm interested to see how Milton plays without him. I feel like Smith was his security blanket. He has such good hands and ability to get separation, that he was able to get Milton through some tough situations. Particularly, the Peach bowl.

I'm not ragging on Milton, the kid is rightfully thought of as one of the best QBs in college football last year. However, Smith took his game to a new level. I would say the same about Many Ryan and Julio Jones. They complete each other.
I think Snelson is closer in talent to Smith than any of the other CBs are to Hughes

I think Snelson is closer in talent to Smith than any of the other CBs are to Hughes
That could be true. Snelson is a special talent and Hughes shut down his side of the ball.

Snelson benefited by Smith being on the field. Teams had to know where he was at all times. Again I'll compare him to Julio Jones in that regard. Smith was a game changer for our offense.

If the question is specifically worded as who is hardest to replace, then I think you're right that Hughes or Griffin get that nod from a talent perspective. I was thinking more along the lines of who had the biggest impact on their side of the ball and the defense almost dissapeared for the two of the most important games this year (USF, Conference champ game). Plus, I'm a Tre Quan fan. The dude just hustled.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I think numbers on the field, Smith. However I would vote Griffin, because of how he sets the tone for every practice. There's no telling what the production dropoff will be of players not Griffin, due to him not being in practices.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I think numbers on the field, Smith. However I would vote Griffin, because of how he sets the tone for every practice. There's no telling what the production dropoff will be of players not Griffin, due to him not being in practices.
Griffin is definitely right there in my head. He and Smith elevate the play of the people around them. Griffin's pass rush made Hughes (And the entire secondary) better.

Honestly, Griffin is probably the choice. I just feel like Smith doesn't get the credit he deserves. Griffin had so much press about him(rightly deserved). Smith did his thing quietly. Plus, Milton had so much faith in him catching the ball. There is no stat for giving a young QB confidence.

Griffin is definitely right there in my head. He and Smith elevate the play of the people around them. Griffin's pass rush made Hughes (And the entire secondary) better.

Honestly, Griffin is probably the choice. I just feel like Smith doesn't get the credit he deserves. Griffin had so much press about him(rightly deserved). Smith did his thing quietly. Plus, Milton had so much faith in him catching the ball. There is no stat for giving a young QB confidence.
I get it, I protest vote every presidential election.

Reactions: Happy Hands
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT