ADVERTISEMENT

Kuuuba....

Oldest Man

Silver Knight
Oct 19, 2001
since I was a proponent of his and as long as we were updated on Will and RJ, I thought I'd provide an update on one of our fan favorites....Kuuuba!

he's starting this year for Idaho State (although injured his shoulder in their game against Loyola Marymount so he's currently day to day:)

he began the year with 9 pts 5 rebs against OKLAHOMA in Norman (Sooners won by 4 pts) and he appears to be playing consistently around those numbers, shooting 60+% and averaging almost 20 mins/game.....

he started the year with 20 pts (no kidding!!) on 9-11 shooting in their opening exhibition game...

it appears turnovers are still a bit of a problem and he has fewer blocks than I would have guessed with his minutes but he's starting and playing...

congrats Kuba!! another good story for a former Knight!!

Kuuuba!

Nice to see Oldest man back.

Very glad to hear news from Big Kuba.

Memories, memories

Kuba stats

Through 7 games(though he has started 4 and played in 5) He is averaging:

16.0 mpg
6.2 ppg
3.8 rpg
1.0 bpg
1.6 topg

He would fit in here as he's shooting 45.5% from foul line.

glasses.gif

Re: Kuba stats

I thought he'd fit in cause we need bigs.....

but Donny didn't think so and that's all that matters....

he started but only played 4 mins in his first game back so he's obviously not healed...

I'll follow Kuuuba this season and provide updates...it'll be interesting to see if he continues to improve after he's recovered from his injury....

Originally posted by Oldest Man:

He was worth the gamble for Kirk...but it never panned out (not even for Kirk).

Kuba played approx only 200 mins in 2 seasons for Kirk...which for someone well over 7 ft is a failure...as CUSA play was too quick/too fast for him.

It was worth a shot (recruiting him)...just didn't work out for him at UCF...but with the year off to hopefully get in better shape plus play against easier competition...hope he has a successful career out west.

Originally posted by Oldest Man:

he started but only played 4 mins in his first game back so he's obviously not healed...

I'll follow Kuuuba this season and provide updates...it'll be interesting to see if he continues to improve after he's recovered from his injury....
Would never fit in DJs style of fast break offense and suffocating press defense. I liked him, has great potential with his size and actually has good feet for someone so big. Just not a fit at UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT