***Lake Mary CB Braeden Marshall visits UCF for 'Hometown Hero'***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
dhxz1bdokngymlzfz5bo

Lake Mary (Fla.) four-star cornerback Braeden Marshall was among the long list of recruits that visited UCF for "Hometown Hero," a mega recruiting event aimed towards the Knights' top prospects in the 2023 and 2024 classes.

Marshall, who camped at UCF last summer and also attended this past season's home game against Boise State, enjoyed the experience.

"Everything was good," Marshall said. "I got to see how the coaches really are. I got to be in the meetings, see their personalities and how they coach. How they love their players. I was with my dog, Kaven (Call). He was trying to get the word in my ear. It was a great time.

Call, a four-defensive end from Apopka, committed to UCF last month.

"Me and Kaven grew up together," Marshall said. "We played basketball when we were little. Our families are very close too."

UCF cornerbacks coach Addison Williams is recruiting him.

"We have a pretty good relationship," Marshall said. "We talk almost on a daily basis. He really likes how I play, how physical I am. How I come down and hit and can cover too."

Marshall has an offer list that includes Iowa State, Maryland, Boston College, Cincinnati, Nebraska, West Virginia, Virginia, TCU, Pittsburgh, Northwestern, Louisville and Indiana.

UCF isn't in that group yet, but it could be on the way.

"I think it's coming by the way they've been talking to me," Marshall. "I've just got to be patient with it."

What does he like about UCF?

"Probably the coaching staff, especially with Coach (Gus) Malzahn," Marshall said. "He says they're the future of college football. I can see they are by what he's doing. I like the vibe they bring, especially with Coach T-Will (Travis Williams). He's a great guy to be around."

Marshall visited Pittsburgh and Nebraska during the fall and was at Penn State last weekend. He was up in Tallahassee on Sunday for a trip to Florida State.

"Florida State was a pretty good visit," Marshall said. "The coaches treated me well."

That will probably be a wrap up on unofficial visits until March, when Marshall expects to perhaps visit a few schools during spring practice.

"My plan is to drop my list in the late spring, maybe May, then go on my officials," Marshall said. "Hopefully I can make a decision before next season... The biggest thing for me is relationship with the coaches. I need to have trust in the coaches that they'll push me to be my best. I want a school that feels like home for the next four years. Coaches that will help get me to the next level. Coaches that can help better me as a man for my future past football."

As a junior, Marshall picked off four passes with 11 breakups to go along with 28 tackles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News