ADVERTISEMENT

Last Knight showed why Killins starts

What we saw is that he needs to be involved in the passing game and get the ball in space
Leave all the tough yards up the middle to Taj and company. Taj was great last night. We should have ran the ball on that 4th and 1

I s been very impressed with Heupel’s play calling adjustments the last few weeks. Killins is great in space and that’s where they got him the ball

I think it would be a good strategy to run AK up the middle some, to keep the defense honest, but using him in the passing game more is a match up nightmare for any defense. He was just running away from that LB...made him grab air.

Need to get Anderson and KZ on the same page. KZ missed him 2x yesterday where he was wide open.

I would like to see McCrae and Taj used as traditional RB's then AK and Otis used as utility guys. That gives the D alot to think about and try and cover for every time we have the ball.

Reactions: Shark59
Something is off with Anderson. I don’t know that he has ever really accepted his role. We need him as he is a great player and hopefully he is a great teammate.

What we saw is that he needs to be involved in the passing game and get the ball in space
Leave all the tough yards up the middle to Taj and company. Taj was great last night. We should have ran the ball on that 4th and 1
I agree with your post totally, except that I do understand the choice to throw to the TE from that tank package. It is good to have such an option to keep the defense honest on it. Also, I think the play call was successful there, if MM had put a little more air under the ball, Coubs could have caught it and scored as he was actually behind the defender.

Overall, I like the Heup playcalling last night. Especially getting AK in space more often.

I agree with your post totally, except that I do understand the choice to throw to the TE from that tank package. It is good to have such an option to keep the defense honest on it. Also, I think the play call was successful there, if MM had put a little more air under the ball, Coubs could have caught it and scored as he was actually behind the defender.

Overall, I like the Heup playcalling last night. Especially getting AK in space more often.
I just thought we could have really let them have it. It was a low percentage play on a 4th and 1 IMO They couldn’t really stop Taj last night when we ran it right at them

Credit where credit is due. I called out Heupel for his playcalling in earlier games and with the exception of the 4th and 1 last night, I thought the calls took advantage of UCF's speed/talent over Cincy's. They play like this vrs South Florida & Houston/Memphis, nothing to worry about.

Credit where credit is due. I called out Heupel for his playcalling in earlier games and with the exception of the 4th and 1 last night, I thought the calls took advantage of UCF's speed/talent over Cincy's. They play like this vrs South Florida & Houston/Memphis, nothing to worry about.
We just had too much speed for them.

he was on returns. There are 2 men back, Williams and Killins.
Yes 2 men back but you don’t split field in half and let the kicking team pick who returns. You set a primary returner and if he can get it he does. All of the sudden only Killins gets returns? You think Cincy would rather a fast guy return instead of a big slow guy?

Yes 2 men back but you don’t split field in half and let the kicking team pick who returns. You set a primary returner and if he can get it he does. All of the sudden only Killins gets returns? You think Cincy would rather a fast guy return instead of a big slow guy?
One is on the left and one is on the right. Cincy only kicked off 3 times and once was a fair catch to an up man. Another was when UCF was in a formation expecting an onside kick in the 4th and had only 1 guy back and 10 guys 10 yards from the kick.

Last edited:
One is on the left and one is on the right. Cincy only kicked off 3 times and once was a fair catch to an up man. Another was when UCF was in a formation expecting an onside kick in the 4th and had only 1 guy back and 10 guys 10 yards from the kick.
Ok so all of the sudden the ball found our fastest guy twice. Never before.

Ok so all of the sudden the ball found our fastest guy twice. Never before.
Huh? There was only 1 relevant kickoff and both Killins and Williams were back deep. The second kickoff was fair caught by burgess Becker. The third kickoff was one man deep and 10 up looking for an onside kick. On the one relevant kickoff, yes the kick went to Killins’ (left) side of the field, and so he fielded it.

He seems to eventually do everything we say, just 1-3 weeks later. However, I think he’s got it down now. Shannon too
Milton said in the after game interview "they have been working on the wheel route with Killings the last 3 weeks." Release the Killings! you got to love his speed :sunglasses:

Reactions: Mikesi

He should have taken the 3 points and put us up by more than two scores.

I disagree - I like that he’s sticking to his attacking mentality and the play was there to be had. Plus, our defense was playing great at the time.

Besides, No guarantee we hit the FG anyway (likely but not a given).

Huh? There was only 1 relevant kickoff and both Killins and Williams were back deep. The second kickoff was fair caught by burgess Becker. The third kickoff was one man deep and 10 up looking for an onside kick. On the one relevant kickoff, yes the kick went to Killins’ (left) side of the field, and so he fielded it.
Wasn’t there another one that he ran out to 30 or so but holding brought it back?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Agreed. That play is too low percentage for the situation. Not a great call. Why? Because it didn’t work. That play faIls more than 1 time of 10. Probably a 50/50 play. At best. That wasn’t just any defense.

Totally!!!! Killins is a big part of all this and is super skilled
KZ being able to check down to him changed the game. I get it. When the other team is spreading out to cover the pass, you put in Mccrae. However, if they are going to stack the box, Killins is going to make them regret it.

All 3 of them -- Anderson, Killins and McCrae -- have max ball security.
That alone is worth +3 yards/carry, because it keeps our TO margin way, way up.

I don't think they get enough credit for that.
It's also why McGown sees less of the field, even though I think he's our best 'all around' back.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT