ADVERTISEMENT

***Latest on the UCF AD Search (Thursday Night)***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
The old thread is getting a little out of control and confusing if you weren't following along all day.

Basically, everything started with a "mostly complete" finalists list with whispers of a "secret" candidate that is a sitting Power Five AD. And possibly one more candidate.

Last night, I heard about the possibility of the secret AD candidate. No name given. My first inclination was Missouri AD Jim Sterk, given his ties to UCF President Alexander Cartwright, who just came from Missouri himself. I then started gravitating more towards the idea of Auburn AD Allen Greene, who worked for Danny White at Buffalo and was promoted to the AD after Danny came to UCF in late 2015. Three years ago, Greene was hired at Auburn. He's sort of in the same mold as Danny White and has a great fundraising background, something I thought UCF would prioritize.

Danny White's salary at UCF was top 25 among ADs nationally, so if UCF was going to pay an AD in that ballpark it could be a significant raise, even for a SEC AD. For instance, Greene makes about $750K at Auburn, which is next-to-last in SEC AD salaries.

But Jim Sterk also crossed my mind. Obviously the pre-existing ties with Cartwright. Also, Sterk interviewed for the UCF AD job in January 2012, the position that ultimately went to Todd Stansbury. His daughter, Amy Sterk, currently works at UCFAA as well.

cmydqawqwokhbbnyz9og

Anyway, word started to surface late this morning that the "secret" candidate is Jim Sterk and many feel he could be the favorite, if he wants the job. Cartwright is very fond of him.

Some people feel there has to be another candidate, though I'm not sure. I was initially told the list that was being evaluated was perhaps as many as seven candidates. With Sterk, we know of six. Maybe Carr is the seventh?

So this is the primary list of options UCF is rumored to be considering:

Jim Sterk - AD, Missouri
Eddie Nunez - AD, New Mexico
Doug Gillin - AD, Appalachian State
Mark Alnutt - AD, Buffalo
Beth Goetz - AD, Ball State
Zac Selmon - Sr. Associate AD, Oklahoma
Scott Carr - Interim AD, UCF

Some believe if not Sterk, that Gillin (App State) and Alnutt (Buffalo) could be the next leaders.

Maybe this has already happened today, or could be tomorrow, but this list is supposed to trimmed to maybe three people and a final decision would come from that group, perhaps as early as this weekend.

Anyway, that's the latest buzz being whispered in UCF circles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News