ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk about flesh eating bacteria

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
and the fact that it seems like someone goes into the ocean over here and gets infected almost daily at this point

Absolutely terrifying. Makes you want to stay away from the ocean.

I just came down for a week in Redington and had no idea this was a thing until halfway through like wtf

And now I look and see this shit is happening in VA, TX, CA etc. We're doomed, this is the end and I'm fine with that. I'd prefer an ELE from an asteroid though.

Animals that will kill you in fresh water and salt water. Bacteria will kill you in salt and amoebas in fresh. This place is almost as bad as Australia.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I just came down for a week in Redington and had no idea this was a thing until halfway through like wtf

I flew home Saturday next to some woman from CT going to Reddington and I told her about this and she freaked out

Let's talk about these amoebas that crawl in your penis and ass.

pretty terrible stuff. i know the amoebas are in fresh water when it gets warm. is that the same for the flesh eating bacteria in salt water?

pretty terrible stuff. i know the amoebas are in fresh water when it gets warm. is that the same for the flesh eating bacteria in salt water?
That’s a fair assumption as bacteria grows more rapidly in warm conditions. There are also a large group of people saying that the increase in flesh-eating bacteria is because of humanity’s inherent evil, otherwise known as climate change.

That’s a fair assumption as bacteria grows more rapidly in warm conditions. There are also a large group of people saying that the increase in flesh-eating bacteria is because of humanity’s inherent evil, otherwise known as climate change.
i dont really know its just a guess based on the amoebas thing. i notice we dont really hear much of that happening on the atlantic side since that water is generally a little cooler. the gulf is just more shallow so it heats up faster.

but then again, thats all on my assumption it has to do with warm water, and i could be wrong.

Amoebas are organisms that live in stagnant fresh water when it gets real hot. They can only live in those hot conditions. They basically swim into people's ears when they're swimming and then go into their brain which can kill them. This is why you're told to avoid stagnant bodies of fresh water in summer.

This flesh eating bacteria in the ocean is totally different and new. I don't ever recall this many cases of people going into the ocean and either dying or losing limbs from bacteria. Shit's scary.

Amoebas are organisms that live in stagnant fresh water when it gets real hot. They can only live in those hot conditions. They basically swim into people's ears when they're swimming and then go into their brain which can kill them. This is why you're told to avoid stagnant bodies of fresh water in summer.

This flesh eating bacteria in the ocean is totally different and new. I don't ever recall this many cases of people going into the ocean and either dying or losing limbs from bacteria. Shit's scary.
i dont know enough about the bacteria, but does it have to do with water temps as well?

Super-bacteria as a result of us dumping so much into the oceans, along with the 3rd World's over-prescription of common anti-biotics.

i dont know enough about the bacteria, but does it have to do with water temps as well?
It happens outside of Florida in the Caribbean too, but our states farther to the north with our temperature cycles seem to breed it better from what I've read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT