ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about Kyle Rittenhouse

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
We see yet another Black man, Jacob Blake, shot in the back for "resisting arrest" while a 17 year old White kid, Kyle Rittenhouse, kills two protesters with an AR-15.

We hear from the Usual Suspects here that Blake had a knife so the officers were 'justified' in shooting him in the back. So naturally Rittenhouse was gunned down since he was seen shooting protesters with an AR-15 rifle, right? The kid wasn't even apprehended at the scene, much less shot!!!!

Tell me again with a straight face that there's no systemic racism in our nation's policing.

We see yet another Black man, Jacob Blake, shot in the back for "resisting arrest" while a 17 year old White kid, Kyle Rittenhouse, kills two protesters with an AR-15.

We hear from the Usual Suspects here that Blake had a knife so the officers were 'justified' in shooting him in the back. So naturally Rittenhouse was gunned down since he was seen shooting protesters with an AR-15 rifle, right? The kid wasn't even apprehended at the scene, much less shot!!!!

Tell me again with a straight face that there's no systemic racism in our nation's policing.
He killed two people (possibly only one) that were attacking him and shot a third that had a gun pointed at him.

Cops didn't arrest him on the scene because they didn't know what was going on and there were dozens of people carrying guns that night. He was arrested within hours. I don't see what race has to do with this.

Of course you wouldn't.
You're trying to create a false equivalency. If the kid was told to stop but instead started fighting with the cops and had a gun he would have been shot as well. That has nothing to do with race as much as you want it to.

You're trying to create a false equivalency. If the kid was told to stop but instead started fighting with the cops and had a gun he would have been shot as well.
It was after curfew, why wasn't the kid told to stop?

Would a Black man running down the street with an AR-15 been left alone by the cops to play 'shoot 'em up' vigilante?

Reactions: shacket
It was after curfew, why wasn't the kid told to stop?

Would a Black man running down the street with an AR-15 been left alone by the cops to play 'shoot 'em up' vigilante?
Watch his encounter with the police. Yeah, if it had been a black man they wouldn't have stopped him. There were a lot of black men carrying guns that night and to my knowledge they weren't stopped either.

1KHTOvOvJeJqvmwerhRDJGdT5WUNbYg3y5y68-7hTno.png

There were a lot of black men carrying guns that night
Really? I saw Black men in the videos but none of the folks on the street with guns looked like they were Black.
Ironically, when the police came on the scene, Rittenhouse raises his hands -- but continued to walk towards their police cars. If Rittenhouse would have been Black, you know damn well there would have had three or four cops with guns trained at him and shouts of "drop the rifle!" and "get to the ground!" Hell, even though he had his hands up, they might have simply offed him since he was walking towards them with an AR-15. That looks pretty threatening!

You know it and I know it.

When you said "let's talk about Kyle Rittenhouse" I thought maybe thats what you actually wanted to talk about. Instead its just another race/ police thread.

That is dumb. So did the softball shooter get radicalized by Obama? The people he shot were criminals in the first place. Softball guy was just a normal unhinged lefty trying to kill innocent folks

The people he shot were criminals in the first place. Solid defense. Turn him loose.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Not arresting someone 3 blocks away from where they were going when the person presented no threat and was complying = systemic racism.

Exactly Shuck. There is such a double standard. The police let deranged white people and teenagers walk around carrying assault rifles. This system is messed up and it all starts with mini-Hitler dividing the nation and encouraging radicals and hate.

I like how Shookster begins his post with a preconceived falsehood and expects people to take his post seriously.

Really? I saw Black men in the videos but none of the folks on the street with guns looked like they were Black.
Ironically, when the police came on the scene, Rittenhouse raises his hands -- but continued to walk towards their police cars. If Rittenhouse would have been Black, you know damn well there would have had three or four cops with guns trained at him and shouts of "drop the rifle!" and "get to the ground!" Hell, even though he had his hands up, they might have simply offed him since he was walking towards them with an AR-15. That looks pretty threatening!

You know it and I know it.
1000% True. The fact that they embrace this kid is just mind boggling.

Exactly Shuck. There is such a double standard. The police let deranged white people and teenagers walk around carrying assault rifles. This system is messed up and it all starts with mini-Hitler dividing the nation and encouraging radicals and hate.
We're told there's no double standard when Dylann Roof goes into a Black church and kills nine people.

Not only was he apprehended without incident, the cops stopped at a Burger King to get him something to eat on his way to jail. Yeah, THAT would have happened to a Black man who went on a killing rampage in a White suburban church.*

The first step to implementing change is to admit there is a double standard. But we have people who refuse to 'go there' despite compelling evidence. There's always an excuse.

Dude was a convicted child molester that attacked Rittenhouse several times that night.
OOOOOOOOOh. Okay, the dude deserved to be shot dead.

Give the kid a ticket and let him go.

"who deliberately crossed state lines with a AR-15 assault rifle to go to the scene of the protests"

Literally his only mistake.

All of the video evidence demonstrates it. All you have to do is watch it.
You mean like the Jacob Blake video of him walking around his car and opening the door to get in and getting shot in the back 7 times? Like watching that?

Kyle Rittenhouse was illegally armed.
Kyle Rittenhouse was out after curfew.
Kyle Rittenhouse was thanked by police (on video).
Kyle Rittenhouse shot three people.
Kyle Rittenhouse killed two.
Kyle Rittenhouse did not heed police instructions.
Kyle Rittenhouse was not shot at by police.
Kyle Rittenhouse left the scene.
Kyle Rittenhouse was peacefully arrested later (as it should be).

Kyle Rittenhouse was illegally armed.
Kyle Rittenhouse was out after curfew.
Kyle Rittenhouse was thanked by police (on video).
Kyle Rittenhouse shot three people.
Kyle Rittenhouse killed two.
Kyle Rittenhouse did not heed police instructions.
Kyle Rittenhouse was not shot at by police.
Kyle Rittenhouse left the scene.
Kyle Rittenhouse was peacefully arrested later (as it should be).
Shooting 3 people that are attacking you is not a mistake.

Shooting 3 people that are attacking you is not a mistake.
‘Defending’ yourself with an AR-15 you’ve deliberately brought to the scene looking for trouble? No mistake.

Defending yourself with nothing but your fists against an armed stranger following you in the dark?
Big Mistake.

‘Defending’ yourself with an AR-15 you’ve deliberately brought to the scene looking for trouble? No mistake.

Defending yourself with nothing but your fists against an armed stranger following you in the dark?
Big Mistake.
If the kid provoked an attack on him, that would change things. All of the video evidence shows him retreating each time.

If the kid provoked an attack on him, that would change things. All of the video evidence shows him retreating each time.
Apparently the authorities disagreed with you.

Don’t worry though, he’s a good kid so I’m sure he’ll get off. It’s not like he was one of those thugs who were there.*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT