ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty's Offense Reminds me of UCF w/Frost

Hire Freeze!
I thought about suggesting that in my previous response about DWs handling of JH and JH's DC. But Freeze has a lot more baggage than the resume issue that O'Leary had, and I do believe Freeze will leave to get back to SEC as soon as that situation arises. I absolutely believe Freeze could replicate Frost's success, however.

What a game and what an ending! Liberty had the ball on the goal line needing only a FG to win it. Then the most devastating play in all of football happened...the dreaded F.O.K.D. (fumble on kneel down). CC recovered on the one, ran out the clock and got it to OT. After getting a FG, Liberty then wins by blocking Carolina's attempt.

The Liberty RB who fumbled while attempting the kneel down most be so relieved. This will likely be the best bowl game played this year. Two of the best teams in the country going blow for blow.

What a game and what an ending! Liberty had the ball on the goal line needing only a FG to win it. Then the most devastating play in all of football happened...the dreaded F.O.K.D. (fumble on kneel down). CC recovered on the one, ran out the clock and got it to OT. After getting a FG, Liberty then wins by blocking Carolina's attempt.

The Liberty RB who fumbled while attempting the kneel down most be so relieved. This will likely be the best bowl game played this year. Two of the best teams in the country going blow for blow.
That wasn't a kneel-down. That was a kid doing something he shouldn't do. He did the play right on 1st down, so why would he run into the pile on 2nd down? I'll tell you why. Because these are college kids and no matter how much we on message boards think they are pros, or how much coaches tell them to do or not do something, they are young people learning how to be adults and they just do things because of lack of experience or whatever.

Agree it was a very entertaining game. I wish all bowl games could be that exciting.

That wasn't a kneel-down. That was a kid doing something he shouldn't do. He did the play right on 1st down, so why would he run into the pile on 2nd down? I'll tell you why. Because these are college kids and no matter how much we on message boards think they are pros, or how much coaches tell them to do or not do something, they are young people learning how to be adults and they just do things because of lack of experience or whatever.

Agree it was a very entertaining game. I wish all bowl games could be that exciting.

I don't think he meant to run into the pile, I think the coastal team pulled him forward and the Liberty lineman tried to pull him back. The RB tried to stay out of the endzone and the ball was knocked loose in the scrum.

It wasn't a true kneel down but that was the plan. Take the handoff then stand still for an extra second or two then kneel down. Calling it a F.O.K.D. was a joke. (I've been waiting for a true F.O.KD. play since Steve Czaban coined the phrase on his show over 10 years ago.)

I don't think he meant to run into the pile, I think the coastal team pulled him forward and the Liberty lineman tried to pull him back. The RB tried to stay out of the endzone and the ball was knocked loose in the scrum.

It wasn't a true kneel down but that was the plan. Take the handoff then stand still for an extra second or two then kneel down. Calling it a F.O.K.D. was a joke. (I've been waiting for a true F.O.KD. play since Steve Czaban coined the phrase on his show over 10 years ago.)
We almost got it against Cincinnati

crazy how the same scenario happened in the Dolphins 🐬-Raiders 🏴‍☠️ Game
Kind of. That was part of my point. On first down the Raider player ran towards the end zone and slid (gave himself up) so the play was over. On 2nd and 3rd down the QB took a knee. It was executed flawlessly. Unfortunately the Raiders defense gave up like 50-60 yards in 19 seconds...abysmal.

That throw and catch by Fitzpatrick and Hollins might be the NFL play of the year. He somehow throw that ball to the right spot like 30-40 yards downfield while a DL was pulling on his facemask, twisting his head sideways. Fitzpatrick couldn't have even seen where he was throwing and somehow his arm still went to that spot down field. It can only be classified as "an act of god".

Last edited:
We almost got it against Cincinnati
Yeah. If that ball bounces further right or the RB had inhibited Ridder's ability to directly jump at the ball, Ritchie Grant might have been able to pick it up for a scoop and score (I doubt anybody would have caught him). Right after him was three DL that swarmed in but even if one of them picks it up doubt he makes it all the way without getting caught by somebody (even with potentially two blockers). Again, you can coach it 1,000 times but kids have to execute the play(s), and in that case the moment was almost too much for Cincy's center.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT