ADVERTISEMENT

Look at this guy!

The three plays linked are:
1. Return of a no-good long field goal attempt for TD,
2. Catch that bounces off a defender,
3. Successfully drew a foul faking going for it on 4th and 4.

While those might be memorable moments in a team's history, none of them are attributable to coaching genius.

1. You always put a return man deep on a long field goal attempt, and you always return it if you can. The personnel on the field in that situation for the kicking team is so outmatched to defend against a return that you have basically nothing to lose.

2. A lucky play. Memorable for sure, but obviously not the way it was drawn up. Should've been a pick.

3. The best case result after trying to draw them offsides for sure, but ultimately no different than a lineman jumping.

None of those plays is attributable to coaching genius. 1 and 3 are standard decisions that just about every coach makes, and number 2 was about the luckiest break you can catch in football.

Incidentally, #2 happened on the same afternoon as "The Catch."

I'm still irritated that the should've-been-a-pick at Auburn overshadowed JJ's amazing athletic play.
THE CATCH!! That was on NBC Nightly news!

Reactions: OtterKnight
Malzahn has constructed a trash roster my man. UCF (AGAIN) not projecting to have any players drafted in the 2024 draft. Malzahn is a terrible evaluator of talent.
At least 25 scholarship players on this roster were not recruited by Malzahn.

At least 25 scholarship players on this roster were not recruited by Malzahn.
This is his third full year…he has brought in three full classes of transfers already. Has developed nobody and has failed at every level…specially at adding talent to the roster. Team keeps getting WORSE under him.

And Miami has constructed a "highly rated" roster that once again fails to produce.
Miami has a very good shot at beating Clemson…UCF has a great shot to be boat raced at Oklahoma. Good luck getting recruits when you people are not getting anyone drafted.

Boys shamed all over social media. We can hope that UCF recruits don’t see this.

You know there is a point where IDGAF about this topic. I don't love the guy nor do I hate him. I don't think he is a good long term fit.

More importantly I really HATE the Miami Hurricanes and all that the program is. I was born and raised in Florida. I don't care who you hire, who you pay nil, who your recruiting class is, where it ranks and all that. I will never post on a Canes forum. Its a thug program that since moving to the ACC has been average to mediocre. So, really why do I care what you think about Gus, UCF or how many players UCF puts in the NFL.
I think you should called 407-823-1000 and ask for the AD and let him know you're Lobocane and give him your professional critique of UCF and Gus. I bet he would love to here from the mighty UM fan who knows it all. Be sure to pat him on the head in a condescending way only a Miami fan can do and remind he was just G5 AD while Miami has been P5 in like forever.

Lobo, you're a nice guy. I know you have it in your heart to share your P5 we are back DuH U wisdom because you want to help little ole UCF. But, I am telling you folks here just don't care. We are Knight Nation brother. This isnt a Hurricane board.
He/she doesn’t care. This Massengill has absolutely no life and is a total loser, as evidenced by his/her countless posts on a Site dedicated to sports teams of a University that has absolutely nothing to do with him/her. It’s wildly pathetic.

Miami has a very good shot at beating Clemson…UCF has a great shot to be boat raced at Oklahoma. Good luck getting recruits when you people are not getting anyone drafted.
It does not seem to matter to Miami whether they get recruits or not. They still disappoint. Year, after year , after year. As you say, we are really a G5 program at heart. What has been Miami's excuse?

Lol "wE hAve A GoOd sHot aT BeAting tHe WoRSt ClEmSon tEam In 10 YeArs"

Timberwolf sugarcane clearly has a mouth twenty times the size of his brain. His wallet&penis size to ego size is probably same proportion. Obviously over-vaxxed on top of it all.

Or maybe he is just a retard in his moms basement with his only friend, Keyboard.

All of the above.

Ahahhahahhahahahajhaa.

8lurh2ofgqyklm1q.jpg

Clemson is very average this year

this isn’t the Program of a few years ago , Miami probably loses but it wouldn’t shock me if they won

Are you posting about the same Clemson program that is about to beat the h*l out of the u?

Also, you do realize that 2017 Clemson team played for a national championship, right?
It’s UCF fans posting this on social media and clowning ole Gus. Also, old Gus is winless against Venables.

It’s UCF fans posting this on social media and clowning ole Gus. Also, old Gus is winless against Venables.
You are correct, and having never beaten Venables bodes bad for Gus. But....all the games were with one score differences.

Certainly not the ridiculous point spread Vegas is proposing.

Take the Knights and the under.

UCF will travel to the toughest place to play in all of college football and make things very interesting.

You are correct, and having never beaten Venables bodes bad for Gus. But....all the games were with one score differences.

Certainly not the ridiculous point spread Vegas is proposing.

Take the Knights and the under.

UCF will travel to the toughest place to play in all of college football and make things very interesting.
Define “very interesting”.

Lmao. Just say that you make up crap…you are literally the same clown that repeatedly said that UCF’s floor this year was 7 wins. A used doormat has more credibility than you.
No. 1, what makes you think 7 wins isn't the floor?

No. 2, why do you question my credibility?

I am who I say I am.

What is YOUR legacy? Do tell.

Credit where it’s due. You beat Clemson for the first time since 2010 after being outscored 178-30 over that timespan. At home. A Clemson team that isn’t a top 25 team for the first time in a decade and whose best win is…Wake Forest? To move into a 3 way tie for 9th in the ACC. Extend Cristalbawl immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT