ADVERTISEMENT

LSU's Defense

Money_Milton

Five-Star Recruit
Dec 15, 2017
Finished the offense on Friday, plan on starting defense tomorrow once I get done with my NFL work.

Obviously, I think the defense for LSU is going to be more interesting of a matchup than the off and haven't done an opposing defense all season so curious if anyone has anything they want me too look for/chart?

How often they rush more than 4?
If UCF runs similar passing plays to the last game we succeeded when keeping 7 guys blocking
Did this with their offense, will definitely be doing it for the defense as well... # of rushers (initial) vs. # of blockers

I'm curious how their linemen move. The type of defense their DC is known for is to use the linemen to create mismatches for the LBs on blitzes. I haven't really watched him at LSU, so I'm not sure what has changed. Also, how good is their d-line at their gap assignments, especially when they have multiple gaps? With a 3-4 how good is their nose tackle? Is he mostly in a 0 technique?

I know their LBs are good, but this is also a system designed to make them shine. The d-line and us creating holes for the run is my biggest worry. Also, do you think their LBs will matchup well with our faster players?

I'm curious how their linemen move. The type of defense their DC is known for is to use the linemen to create mismatches for the LBs on blitzes. I haven't really watched him at LSU, so I'm not sure what has changed. Also, how good is their d-line at their gap assignments, especially when they have multiple gaps? With a 3-4 how good is their nose tackle? Is he mostly in a 0 technique?

I know their LBs are good, but this is also a system designed to make them shine. The d-line and us creating holes for the run is my biggest worry. Also, do you think their LBs will matchup well with our faster players?
I do defensive techniques for NFL, so I'll keep track of the NT technique on each snap that should be fairly quick.

LB play is definitely something I'm looking for in terms of coverage, I know PFF tweeted out something about White being really good in coverage so I'm curious to see about that and then will be looking for RD's/H/K from LB's as well as always, not really sure how much I can add from a charting perspective there, but definitely something that will stand out just from watching.

Reactions: Happy Hands
Definitely not something I can chart, but will definitely look for it
I noticed Happy Hands mentioning it differently vs our faster players. Not to insult our players, but La Tech made a decent ball game with LSU before being put away in the 4th. Unsure if its because they relaxed in the 2nd half or was exposed.

Would be nice to track the games they faced an offense that are similar to ours. Not sure how many that would be. But would be more telling with personnel and gameplan than the typical SEC offense.

Would be nice to track the games they faced an offense that are similar to ours. Not sure how many that would be. But would be more telling with personnel and gameplan than the typical SEC offense.
Gonna do every game, really hard to say any offenses they've played are really similar too UCF's. Definitely parts from different teams.

Miss St, I would say Fitzgerald and Mack are similar style QB's in terms of physical running ability, but Fitz isn't a great thrower.

TAMU, might be most relatable with Mind, but then again, I don't really like Mond as a thrower, but they have a couple of talented WR's. Ole Miss definitely has the most talented WR core they've faced although I'm not sure if Metcalf was healthy that game.

If Milton was playing, Bama would probably most accurate, but then again they probably have a lot more physical style running game from a RB standpoint than UCF.

So I think pooling everything together will probably be most accurate. Offenses may look similar, but in terms of personnel/play calling it's really hard to pick out a couple of offenses IMO.

Not sure if this makes sense.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Gonna do every game, really hard to say any offenses they've played are really similar too UCF's. Definitely parts from different teams.

Miss St, I would say Fitzgerald and Mack are similar style QB's in terms of physical running ability, but Fitz isn't a great thrower.

TAMU, might be most relatable with Mind, but then again, I don't really like Mond as a thrower, but they have a couple of talented WR's. Ole Miss definitely has the most talented WR core they've faced although I'm not sure if Metcalf was healthy that game.

If Milton was playing, Bama would probably most accurate, but then again they probably have a lot more physical style running game from a RB standpoint than UCF.

So I think pooling everything together will probably be most accurate. Offenses may look similar, but in terms of personnel/play calling it's really hard to pick out a couple of offenses IMO.

Not sure if this makes sense.
You know more than I do. What about La Tech? They run a pass friendly or RPO?

Coverage and blitz tendencies would be interesting (e.g., they go man to man coverage 80% of 3rd and short - made up stat but that’s what I mean.

Coverage and blitz tendencies would be interesting (e.g., they go man to man coverage 80% of 3rd and short - made up stat but that’s what I mean.
Definitely will be looking for blitz tendencies, try my best with coverage but it’s hard to be 100% accurate without A22 footage, but gonna try my best on it

Definitely will be looking for blitz tendencies, try my best with coverage but it’s hard to be 100% accurate without A22 footage, but gonna try my best on it
If you find any tendencies I would document it and if it holds true in Bowl game, approach the coaches and get a job out of it. You do know you can make a lot of money on draft kings if you chart every game.

If you find any tendencies I would document it and if it holds true in Bowl game, approach the coaches and get a job out of it. You do know you can make a lot of money on draft kings if you chart every game.
A lot of stuff I’ve wrote about off my data has held true/been accurate... I.e. I mentioned in the off-season AK wouldn’t fit well as a runner in Heupels scheme... but if their was one game for things to go a little differently, it would be a bowl game where teams have a month to prepare, you see teams do different things all the time in these games, although Coach O is extremely uncreative so I don’t necessarily expect LSU to be any different

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
A lot of stuff I’ve wrote about off my data has held true/been accurate... I.e. I mentioned in the off-season AK wouldn’t fit well as a runner in Heupels scheme... but if their was one game for things to go a little differently, it would be a bowl game where teams have a month to prepare, you see teams do different things all the time in these games, although Coach O is extremely uncreative so I don’t necessarily expect LSU to be any different
Yeah so show up and ask for an interview.

You know more than I do. What about La Tech? They run a pass friendly or RPO?
Definitely threw the ball a ton, I think 50 out of 76 plays, but also game flow induced. Their line actually held up really well against LSU and they don't play with a tight end, pretty much "10" personnel every play but a few. A lot of screens and had success throwing the ball downfield, as did Miami against LSU.

Definitely threw the ball a ton, I think 50 out of 76 plays, but also game flow induced. Their line actually held up really well against LSU and they don't play with a tight end, pretty much "10" personnel every play but a few. A lot of screens and had success throwing the ball downfield, as did Miami against LSU.
Spreading them out seems to be what we need to do then. Runs up middle won't be successful.

Reactions: MercedesKnight
Bahahahahahahaha

It will affect it a lot and we don’t give a crap! No excuses!

Reply to @TrustinBrees: and none of them will be available for the brewing UCF disaster. The SEC will have nowhere to hide when this disaster finally manifests itself. We all know the Barn disaster last year was a joke and now we have extenuating circumstances that will mire than explain this upcoming loss...bht the country don't want to hear it. UCF is making an argument. And the nation is hearing them. With Milton gone, NO in...3 will listen to whining SEC fan base talk about 1/4 of the starters not playing. « less

Sounds like he was injured then. Came around later
He just got hurt in the 3rd Q of the UGA game, I don't know how severe it was, I guess ill find out going forward, but he might've be hurt the first couple of games, he did have a decent impact in the UF game... Also read on twitter that he was injured a ton

So Greedy Williams, Ed Alexander, and Breiden Fehoko are all sitting out? Goodness. Their defense was pretty good, but it’s hard to imagine them being so tough without 3 of their best players.

So Greedy Williams, Ed Alexander, and Breiden Fehoko are all sitting out? Goodness. Their defense was pretty good, but it’s hard to imagine them being so tough without 3 of their best players.
It’s a big bad SEC school. They should have 2nd and 3rd teamers that can curb stop poor little G5 UCF who plays nobody. No excuses

Oh.., our 6th in the Heisman voting QB just had his 4th knee surgery, but that’s never going to be able to be used as an excuse

It’s a big bad SEC school. They should have 2nd and 3rd teamers that can curb stop poor little G5 UCF who plays nobody. No excuses

Oh.., our 6th in the Heisman voting QB just had his 4th knee surgery, but that’s never going to be able to be used as an excuse

Who are you kidding? It will be used. It’s not an “excuse”. It’s the reality of the situation. Very unfortunate for UCF.

Who are you kidding? It will be used. It’s not an “excuse”. It’s the reality of the situation. Very unfortunate for UCF.
Nobody will care, but UCF fans. The haters will just say that UCF sucks. That’s why we aren’t giving any excuses or taking any.

And UCF losing their 23-0 Heisman QB isn’t? I’d trade 3 defensive starters for a star QB any day!
Thing is, that our excuses don’t count. Too many haters.

I can hear the excuses now. LSU wasn’t trying. They were down 3 defensive starters. SEC schedule wore them out. They don’t play well in domes. Too much wind. Etc. Etc. Etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT