ADVERTISEMENT

LSU's offense

Money_Milton

Five-Star Recruit
Dec 15, 2017
Didn't really want to comment on this until I was finished with everything, only through like the first 6.5 games of offense so far, but I just wanted to say this offense is painfully bad haha.

Their line is atrocious and the lack of creativity is gross. Their RB's are solid and can make guys miss other than that it's nothing to be even close to scared of.

That one LSU writer or something like that on twitter who said LSU will physically dominate UCF and run the ball down their throats must not actually watch football.

I'm in the middle of the Miss St game and they've run 20 plays at home and have a 15% success rate, one of them was a 3rd and goal on the 1 after the drive started on the 3.

I'm in the middle of the Miss St game and they've run 20 plays at home and have a 15% success rate, one of them was a 3rd and goal on the 1 after the drive started on the 3.
I cant wait for your analysis and am also excited for our friend to post the sim results. Like auburn last year, i am about 10% worried about this

At least Auburn had respectable skill players. Kerryon is a really good NFL back, Stidham (I don't think is that great) is a respectable QB who's going to get drafted and their WR's are always pretty decent. I will say LSU's defense is probably better than Auburn's was, but I haven't gotten to the defense yet so just an unknowledgeable opinion at this point.

Burrow is just not very good and they literally run 2 or 3 man routes every play and max protect and still let up pressure haha it's crazy to watch.

At least Auburn had respectable skill players. Kerryon is a really good NFL back, Stidham (I don't think is that great) is a respectable QB who's going to get drafted and their WR's are always pretty decent. I will say LSU's defense is probably better than Auburn's was, but I haven't gotten to the defense yet so just an unknowledgeable opinion at this point.

Burrow is just not very good and they literally run 2 or 3 man routes every play and max protect and still let up pressure haha it's crazy to watch.
You add valuable perspective to our “eye test” which trumps the cfp biased eye test

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Didn't really want to comment on this until I was finished with everything, only through like the first 6.5 games of offense so far, but I just wanted to say this offense is painfully bad haha.

Their line is atrocious and the lack of creativity is gross. Their RB's are solid and can make guys miss other than that it's nothing to be even close to scared of.

That one LSU writer or something like that on twitter who said LSU will physically dominate UCF and run the ball down their throats must not actually watch football.
Thanks for the analysis. Haven’t watched any of their games this year.

How do they play against teams their fanbase thinks were equal to? SELA, Louisiana Tech, Rice and maybe Arkansas (they might think Arky is better than us too).

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
How do they play against teams their fanbase thinks were equal to? SELA, Louisiana Tech, Rice and maybe Arkansas (they might think Arky is better than us too).
I'm only doing FBS games so SELA isn't included, but they did significantly better against LA Tech then most of their other games... haven't got to the Rice game yet... they still let up a RD/H/K on 12 of 76 plays against LA Tech, and UCF's D Line is much better than theirs

LOL.....where do these idiots come from? Why don't you try actually attending college.....

What makes you think LSU wont slow the D down? You think UCF offense will score more and gain more against LSU than the other opponents. Alabama ppg is 48 they scored 29 on us. Georgia PPG is 39 they scored 16 on us. We slowed their offense down.

What makes you think LSU wont slow the D down? You think UCF offense will score more and gain more against LSU than the other opponents. Alabama ppg is 48 they scored 29 on us. Georgia PPG is 39 they scored 16 on us. We slowed their offense down.

UCF ppg is 42. But we run the clock after we get up by 30. It's called sportsmanship.

By your estimate UCF will score between 16-29 points.

If UCF is held under 30, for the first time in 25games, what do you think LSU scores?

FyI Vegas has the O/U at 55pts

LSU hasnt seen the speed or tempo UCF brings. Sure Bama is great but they make plays, go back to huddle, then run another play. Devin white is awesome but he will be tired by time second half comes around

I would say UCF may score more because we play much faster than either of those teams. We give up more points too. More possessions often equals more points. Like someone else mentioned, UCF changes their style after we get big leads too.

LSU hasnt seen the speed or tempo UCF brings. Sure Bama is great but they make plays, go back to huddle, then run another play. Devin white is awesome but he will be tired by time second half comes around
They have played Missouri and beat them but we're better than what Heupel had at Missouri.
I expect a typical game of late where they have the lead early and we bring it on in the second half.
If we score a lot in the first half it wont bode well for them but because of our young QB and general nerves in 1st half I expect a close score in the 1st half.

If they aren't up by 3 scores at half, they aren't beating us.

On the other hand, I don't know if 2nd half adjustments will be as big in this game because I don't expect LSU to do anything special other than what they always do. A few opponents cuaght us off guard because they came out with entirely different looks than they showed anyone else. LSU isn't going to do that. They will probably do what every P5 does and that is expect to out physical and out talent us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT