ADVERTISEMENT

Macron schools Trump on what America stands for

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
French President Macron: "Nationalism is a betrayal...our interests first, who cares about the others?"
The beauty of our country has been the 'coming together' of immigrants from all corners of the globe under a Constitution that proclaims that 'we the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

Trump has no sense of American History and certainly not WWI. Good grief, the man couldn't even honor our fallen veterans by attending the World War 1 Memorial Service ... due to rain? Really?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...sm-world-war-event-attended-trump/1966474002/

Seems to me like America puts others' interests first more times than any other country in modern history. I can tell by the thousands of American graves laying in France and throughout Europe to win a war that they were unable or unwilling to win.

But color me shocked that you ate up the words of Macron. :rolleyes:

Macron is losing ground in his country and trying to stir up his base. He's using the tried and true progressive tactic (Rules for Radicals 101) of finding an external antagonist and then uniting the people against this common enemy.

I'm not surprised that DaShukster falls right in line with the modern attack on the concept of Nationalism. As if it is somehow wrong to take pride in your country and get your country in order. Or even to place your country's needs in front of those of other countries. America has been successful because of an identity composed of values that made her unique among countries. What is the purpose of attacking people who take pride in our country and our values?

Anyways, it's about time we started taking care of ourselves. We're like the broke guy who can't help but give money to everybody with a handout because it makes him feel like he's got his stuff together. All he ends up with is absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I know the lefties love to think this is just Macron sticking it to Trump but it’s really more intended for his own country, given that LaPen would win an election right now if people were going to the polls.

People are over the Macron experiment

it was sh;tty of trump not to go to the ww1 memorial. very lame excuse, i dont care if its a monsoon, you go.

as far as macron and his words go, he can cry all he wants. i hope trump uses that as leverage against them if we ever redo the trade agreements. same with their defense spending.

Seems to me like America puts others' interests first more times than any other country in modern history. I can tell by the thousands of American graves laying in France and throughout Europe to win a war that they were unable or unwilling to win.

Color me shocked that Trump couldn't make the hour drive from Paris to the Memorial site to pay homage to those fallen American soldiers buried in European graves.

Color me shocked that Trump couldn't make the hour drive from Paris to the Memorial site to pay homage to those fallen American soldiers buried in European graves.
He didn’t go to Arlington either. He must hate the military.

He LOVES the military. Just ask him.

But when it comes to 'walking the walk,' it has been a whole different deal.
So, 'walking the walk' to you is making public appearances at PR events. I'm guessing you thought Obama was pro-military too.

Reactions: UCFWayne
So, 'walking the walk' to you is making public appearances at PR events. I'm guessing you thought Obama was pro-military too.

I guess if you're a loyal Trumpster you ignore all the embarrassing ways he's disrespected our soldiers.

Just to refresh your memory, here are a few that go beyond that "ho-hum, no big deal" skipping out on a public appearance at the WW1 Memorial event in France:
  • Remember the four soldiers killed in a supposedly "low risk" operation a year ago? After being pressed on why he hadn't personally followed up with the families of the fallen, he lied that Obama didn't either. Then he decided to follow-up but forgot the soldier's name and told the grieving widow that her husband "knew what he signed up for."
  • On the campaign trail in 2016, he accepted a Purple Heart from a veteran who attended one of his rallies. Trump had the nerve to tell his audience, "I always wanted a Purple Heart. This was much easier." Veteran's groups slammed him for keeping the guy's medal.
  • Let's not forget the way Trump attacked a Gold Star family who spoke at the Democrat Convention.
  • Of course, the way he disrespected former POW John McCain was beyond appalling. Particularly for a guy who's rich daddy got him a medical deferment (even though at 70, he's supposedly The Healthiest Guy in the World.)
  • But when it comes to appalling, his quote from an appearance on The Howard Stern Show tops it off: Trump boasted about the challenges of sleeping with women who might have had STDs during the 60’s and 70’s. Trump recalled it as, “It is a dangerous world out there — it's scary, like Vietnam. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”
Yeah, THIS guy truly understands and appreciates our military, right guys? [eyeroll]

I guess if you're a loyal Trumpster you ignore all the embarrassing ways he's disrespected our soldiers.

Just to refresh your memory, here are a few that go beyond that "ho-hum, no big deal" skipping out on a public appearance at the WW1 Memorial event in France:
  • Remember the four soldiers killed in a supposedly "low risk" operation a year ago? After being pressed on why he hadn't personally followed up with the families of the fallen, he lied that Obama didn't either. Then he decided to follow-up but forgot the soldier's name and told the grieving widow that her husband "knew what he signed up for."
  • On the campaign trail in 2016, he accepted a Purple Heart from a veteran who attended one of his rallies. Trump had the nerve to tell his audience, "I always wanted a Purple Heart. This was much easier." Veteran's groups slammed him for keeping the guy's medal.
  • Let's not forget the way Trump attacked a Gold Star family who spoke at the Democrat Convention.
  • Of course, the way he disrespected former POW John McCain was beyond appalling. Particularly for a guy who's rich daddy got him a medical deferment (even though at 70, he's supposedly The Healthiest Guy in the World.)
  • But when it comes to appalling, his quote from an appearance on The Howard Stern Show tops it off: Trump boasted about the challenges of sleeping with women who might have had STDs during the 60’s and 70’s. Trump recalled it as, “It is a dangerous world out there — it's scary, like Vietnam. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”
Yeah, THIS guy truly understands and appreciates our military, right guys? [eyeroll]
Here I thought walking the walk meant actually supporting the military with things like resources.

Let's see, who would know what America stands for better: Macaroon or Trump?

Good job! THAT's the answer, guys!!! [thumb2]

IGNORE the mountains of evidence of how Trump is actually "valuing" our soldiers.

Okay, let's talk about 'walking the walk' in Trump's support for our soldiers.

The President's 2018 budget proposal calls for lowering financial support for disabled veterans from 35K to 13K. That's our President's way of thanking them for their service!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-disabled-veterans-cuts/
That proposal element was dropped from the actual budget. I'd have to guess that he thought they were being double-paid and that was a place where he could trim but who knows. The budget actually also includes a 2.6 percent pay raise for active troops, which is the largest hike in 9 years.

He's also calling for a 5% drop in the next budget. But that is from the Trump-elevated $700+ million budget and not the substantially lower budget that he inherited.

Bottom line is that you are one of the many railing against raised spending. Then you rail against proposals to cut spending. Even those that are only discussed but not implemented. It must be hard finding a way to be angry about everything.

That proposal element was dropped from the actual budget. I'd have to guess that he thought they were being double-paid and that was a place where he could trim but who knows.

Yeah, who knows? Despite their sacrifice and their service, forking over 35K annually for 100% disabled veterans in a 440 Billion dollar budget was a natural 'belt-tightening' measure.

Bottom line is that you are one of the many railing against raised spending. Then you rail against proposals to cut spending. Even those that are only discussed but not implemented. It must be hard finding a way to be angry about everything.

Hard? Nah. I had a hell of a lot of training reading daily message board reactions from Conservatives during the Obama years.

We DO need to have a focused bipartisan effort to bring our federal budget under control. But if you honestly think that's happening on Capital Hill right now, you're either naive or smoking some pretty strong stuff. :)

Let's see, who would know what America stands for better: Macaroon or Trump?
lol really? the eu is banning meme so they dont believe in the first amendment. they dont believe in the second either. they literally rely on the us to keep them safe. yea im sure the french president knows more about american values...

yea im sure the french president knows more about american values...

The fact that we're even having this discussion says a lot about the man currently in the White House.

The blindness and deafness of Trump's followers when it comes to processing his daily embarrassments is astounding.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The fact that we're even having this discussion says a lot about the man currently in the White House.

The blindness and deafness of Trump's followers when it comes to processing his daily embarrassments is astounding.

You literally look for things to complain about. Get outside and enjoy life. I'm really ok with us putting America first. Sorry if that is offensive.

lol really? the eu is banning meme so they dont believe in the first amendment. they dont believe in the second either. they literally rely on the us to keep them safe. yea im sure the french president knows more about american values...

Exactly. Trump knows so much about America it'll make your head spin, that I can tell you.

I'm really ok with us putting America first. Sorry if that is offensive.

It's amazing how a simple marketing slogan can influence some people. Anyone paying any attention has seen how America has been anything but first the past two years under this presidency. But when Trump says it to cheers from the folks at his rallies, I guess it's all apparently 'okay' for guys like Husk in butt.

It's amazing how a simple marketing slogan can influence some people. Anyone paying any attention has seen how America has been anything but first the past two years under this presidency. But when Trump says it to cheers from the folks at his rallies, I guess it's all apparently 'okay' for guys like Husk in butt.
Fake news.

I think it's more that you argue stuff that was never said...in other words, you make sh!t up. It's a method of trolling and it really is insufferable.

The best way to command this insufferable offense is to point out specific examples of where I "make sh*t up." That'll shut me up.

These kinds of 'attack the messenger' posts? No so much.

I think it's more that you argue stuff that was never said...in other words, you make sh!t up. It's a method of trolling and it really is insufferable.

He absolutely does. Or, someone writes a 2-3 paragraph post and he then quotes literally 1-2 words, out of context, and forms his own response that raises points to refute things that were never said.

And then he of course ends his posts in italics with a smiley face to draw attention to his world class wit and usage of irony. He's hilarious!

The best way to command this insufferable offense is to point out specific examples of where I "make sh*t up." That'll shut me up.

These kinds of 'attack the messenger' posts? No so much.
Please see the RIP Stan Lee thread where you said I was posting racist stuff.

Please see the RIP Stan Lee thread where you said I was posting racist stuff.

And I specifically pointed it out to you. Not my problem if you're too dense to get it.

But it's all irrelevant 'cause you're married to an Hispanic so you're racist-free, right?

Reactions: NinjaKnight
And I specifically pointed it out to you. Not my problem if you're too dense to get it.

But it's all irrelevant 'cause you're married to an Hispanic so you're racist-free, right?

Or just maybe you just have an overactive imagination. Maybe you just see stuff that isn't there. Maybe you incorrectly interpret intent based on your biases against conservatives...you should probably go read Stan Lee's quote again because you're obviously one of those he was talking about.

Yeah, I'm racist against Hispanics but chose to be married to one to make my life miserable. And I'm the one that's dense.o_O

Or just maybe you just have an overactive imagination. Maybe you just see stuff that isn't there. Maybe you incorrectly interpret intent based on your biases against conservatives...you should probably go read Stan Lee's quote again because you're obviously one of those he was talking about.

Yeah, I'm racist against Hispanics but chose to be married to one to make my life miserable. And I'm the one that's dense.o_O

The guy is insufferable. Easily the worst addition to this board in 2018.

Ahahahaha I fuking called it. 85 is tired of getting shown up by DS using facts, logic and links. Already started with the name calling, next comes the death threats and then adding him to the ignore list.

Such a predictable little bitch, 85 is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT