ADVERTISEMENT

"Mad" Cow Disease strikes the West Coast

MercedesKnight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 16, 2017
Judging from the comments over on the cows board, USF's deal with Florida is being touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread and is going to leave us in the dust. Here's the terms of that deal;

"The Gators are paying $750,000 for two games in Gainesville (total, not each) and receiving $250,000 (and 12,000 tickets; about 4-6,000 above typical road games) for the game in Tampa. That’s a net of at least $1 million over the three seasons because guarantee games typically costing Power 5 schools at least $750,000."

Unbelievable. Their AD apparently attended the Oliver Twist school of negotiating and their proud of it.

giphy.gif

How do they defend the 2-1 with Louisville when they agreed to a 1-1 with UCF two months later?

Their Program is conducting business like it’s Head Coach. A guy that got fired from Texas and doesn’t care to collect paychecks and accept a lower role.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Judging from the comments over on the cows board, USF's deal with Florida is being touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread and is going to leave us in the dust. Here's the terms of that deal;

"The Gators are paying $750,000 for two games in Gainesville (total, not each) and receiving $250,000 (and 12,000 tickets; about 4-6,000 above typical road games) for the game in Tampa. That’s a net of at least $1 million over the three seasons because guarantee games typically costing Power 5 schools at least $750,000."

Unbelievable. Their AD apparently attended the Oliver Twist school of negotiating and their proud of it.

giphy.gif

So USF gets paid $375,000 a game in Gainesville and is paying $250,000 to UF to play the game in Tampa?

Reactions: ProAttitude
For us, I can convince myself both ways. If you win 3x, it's a whole different story in hindsight, and in a vacuum it might be worth the money lost.

That said, it hurts our bargaining position with everyone else. Nothing is truly a vacuum.

But if we lose...

Plus 12,000 tickets. Have no idea what ticket prices will be, but if they go for $100, that's $1.2 million.
And if they buy the entire game day package they can ride a swamp rat to the game, get a pair of official jorts(with Tebow sewn on the crotch), are allowed to speak condescendingly to every USF fan and can get a customary diploma to pretend they graduated from college.

And if they buy the entire game day package they can ride a swamp rat to the game, get a pair of official jorts(with Tebow sewn on the crotch), are allowed to speak condescendingly to every USF fan and can get a customary diploma to pretend they graduated from college.

Don't season ticket holders already get these things?

Their program is broke so they need to do these things.....I really wonder how they can recruit at their level with so little in the way of capital assets (rent-a-stadium, no indoor practice field, a strange disjointed campus setup etc.)

I'm confused a bit on the stadium. People give USF a hard time about it, but what about Miami and USC? How is it not such a bad deal for them?
Miami and USC make $40 million in tv money, they don’t have to worry about raking it in from a stadium

I'm confused a bit on the stadium. People give USF a hard time about it, but what about Miami and USC? How is it not such a bad deal for them?
I've been to a game at USC. It's not even close to comparable to the USF and Miami stadium situations. A USC student that lives in the dorms can walk to the Coliseum , it's across the street from Campus. USC bought the Coli years ago

Reactions: OtterKnight
Miami does it because they don’t have a lot of room on campus for a stadium. USF doesn’t want to pay for one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT