ADVERTISEMENT

Man in the High Castle

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Anyone watch/watching this on Amazon?

Haven't read the book book but I'm liking what I what I've seen so far, about half way through. The premise of the Axis winning WWII is intriguing.

Julianna is hot and hoping she gets nekkid before this is all said and done.

Different than the book. Arguably better plot than the book. They spent a lot of money to make it look real. I wonder if they will do the same thing in season 2.

Unknown. Most people think November because that is when the first one came out.

Anyone watch/watching this on Amazon?
Watched it last year. One of the great things about the $49 Kindle for those of us with Prime who travel, can download episodes for off-line viewing. It's really a no-brainer if you have a Prime Membership.

Haven't read the book book but I'm liking what I what I've seen so far, about half way through. The premise of the Axis winning WWII is intriguing.
Different than the book. Arguably better plot than the book. They spent a lot of money to make it look real. I wonder if they will do the same thing in season 2.
I was a bit disappointed in both the Grasshopper concept (the TV series caused me to read the book), as well as the series.

But instead of focusing on the plot, I tried to look at the human factors, and the results.

Look at how the Nazis and Japanese would handle America, each other, etc... VA Day was most interesting. Then there was the Nazi hero helping the Japanese, trying to counter-deter the Nazis, not so different than what happened with the US and Soviets post-war.

In any case, I honestly think Americans forget a lot of the atrocities committed. The Japanese easily, as we focus on the Nazis. But even ourselves too. Especially after our use of atomic bombs, we utterly forget about everything from Firebombing to the potential 'Downfall' plan to use chemical gas.

I.e., the US dropped nearly 1/3rd of a billion (yes Billion) pounds of incendiary explosives on Japan alone, killing 50,000+ civilians in each of several dozen cities, far more than the atomic bombs. The Japanese had moved in 900,000 troops, and had tens of thousands of civilians, in Kyushu. So we also had stockpiled 1/4th of a billion pounds of chemical bombs in Australia and Hawaii, and planned on killing 5 million with chemical bombs, justifying their use based on not only Japanese prior use (almost entirely against China, very few against the US), but as a possible counter-deterrent to the Japanese stockpiles in Manchuria (which is still a source of issue today).

Neither the Japan nor the US had signed the Geneva accords banning chemical weapon use, despite them originating in the US.

Julianna is hot and hoping she gets nekkid before this is all said and done.
Miss Davalos was already introduced to most moviegoers in The Chronicles of Riddick.

But I'm not really big on celebrity, much less a woman from a Hollywood family. Hollywood tends to produce the most left-wing nutjobs, because Hollywood itself is the most racist and sexist, let alone protecting a great number of sexual deviants (worse than the Catholic Church), institutions out there, resulting in the skewed view of the nation as a whole.

That said, I've always been impressed with Mr. Tagawa work. Virtually all the shows and movies he's been in I've watched.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT