ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Diaz or Darrell Bevell?

HartfordWhalersFan

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 21, 2019
Should UCF hire Manny Diaz away from Duke? The Blue Devils are currently 6-1 and Diaz may finally be getting his legs under him as a head coach. I also like Miami Dolphins QB coach Darrell Bevell. Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel rarely gives his assistant coaches much authority to make decisions and Bevell may be looking for a fresh start in his coaching career. Two possible HC candidates for UCF currently under the radar. I also realize this is wishful thinking on my part but most of us want to see Gus Malzahn relieved of his duties

I don’t think either one of those is the answer. QB coach to HC? Not ideal. Especially since he doesn’t call plays. Manny Diaz who wasn’t good at Miami? Maybe if you want guys cheap get them. I’m not wanting cheap. We need an OC that calls plays. Byron Leftwich type guys. He probably isn’t ideal either but along those lines.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Should UCF hire Manny Diaz away from Duke? The Blue Devils are currently 6-1 and Diaz may finally be getting his legs under him as a head coach. I also like Miami Dolphins QB coach Darrell Bevell. Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel rarely gives his assistant coaches much authority to make decisions and Bevell may be looking for a fresh start in his coaching career. Two possible HC candidates for UCF currently under the radar. I also realize this is wishful thinking on my part but most of us want to see Gus Malzahn relieved of his duties
Manny Diaz maybe if he gets a real good staff around him. The other I’ll pass on him

Scott Frost HC
McKenzie Milton QB Coach
Kevin Smith RB Coach
Travis Fisher Secondary coach
Sean Beckton WR Coach
Offensive Coordinator…
Defensive Coordinator…

Scott Frost HC
McKenzie Milton QB Coach
Kevin Smith RB Coach
Travis Fisher Secondary coach
Sean Beckton WR Coach
Offensive Coordinator…
Defensive Coordinator…
Biggest problem with that, if the team doesn't succeed it makes for a very ugly mess both in the program and fanbase.

Kevin Smith (who has had success at higher levels) has jumped around multiple times while Mazlan has been here. Interesting that he has no interest in bringing him in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT