ADVERTISEMENT

Many of you are

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
Being too critical and are not acknowledging the successes we have made.

Every single one of those men out there played their f'ing hearts out. Every single one of them gave it everything they had and wanted to beat K State more than anything. Every single one of them wants to win it for us and they deserve some f'ing support and praise. You guys being overly critical are disgusting picking apart every little mistakes.

This isn't 2017 where we played a bunch of cupcake teams, this is the big 12. We aren't Alabama where every 2 deep is a 5star player.

K State is a better team, let's just say what it is. Could we have won? Yes, if we played absolutely perfectly, but we didn't.

A couple of penalties at bad times, some play calling mistakes, and on field decisions held us from playing absolutely perfectly. We didn't score a 100% on this test. But we did well, I'd give us a B+ or A- considering everything holistically.

There are times where extra criticism is deserved, ie losing to Navy last year or burning TC's red shirt, but last night is not one of those.

Last edited:
This is my sentiment exactly. We played well, but we aren't at the level yet where we can make mistakes and beat tough teams. I'd say a B+ personally. The team played hard and never gave up, but the days of going undefeated, for the short term at least, are over. We have to get out of the mindset that losses are the end of the world like they were in the American. TCU, literally went to the national championship game last year after losing to K-State. I'm not saying that we are now a playoff team, just that losses are going to happen more often with the step up in competition.

Every single one of those men out there played their f'ing hearts out. Every single one of them gave it everything they had and wanted to beat K State more than anything. Every single one of them wants to win it for us and they deserve some f'ing support and praise. You guys being overly critical are disgusting picking apart every little mistakes.

This isn't 2017 where we played a bunch of cupcake teams, this is the big 12. We aren't Alabama where every 2 deep is a 5star player.

K State is a better team, let's just say what it is. Could we have won? Yes, if we played absolutely perfectly, but we didn't.

A couple of penalties at bad times, some play calling mistakes, and on field decisions held us from playing absolutely perfectly. We didn't score a 100% on this test. But we did well, I'd give us a B+ or A- considering everything holistically.

There are times where extra criticism is deserved, ie losing to Navy last year or burning TC's red shirt, but last night is not one of those.
I expected to lose. But I don't expect a QB that has started games before and has spent an entire season "learning", to make some of the decisions Timmy made. Even if he is the backup. The pick and the scamper out of bounds after running backward for 12 yards are unacceptable, at any level.

We were playing a BIG XII game, lots of offense and so-so defense, and we were 100% in the game until we simply made too many mistakes in key situations that we could never recover from.

Like I said, never expected to win, but giving it away sucks.

This is my sentiment exactly. We played well, but we aren't at the level yet where we can make mistakes and beat tough teams. I'd say a B+ personally. The team played hard and never gave up, but the days of going undefeated, for the short term at least, are over. We have to get out of the mindset that losses are the end of the world like they were in the American. TCU, literally went to the national championship game last year after losing to K-State. I'm not saying that we are now a playoff team, just that losses are going to happen more often with the step up in competition.
We finally have a full team of heart!

Should Timmy have thrown those balls away?

Yes, but Timmy knows you can't win games throwing the ball away. The man is out there doing everything in his power to get us the win!!

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I expected to lose. But I don't expect a QB that has started games before and has spent an entire season "learning", to make some of the decisions Timmy made. Even if he is the backup. The pick and the scamper out of bounds after running backward for 12 yards are unacceptable, at any level.

We were playing a BIG XII game, lots of offense and so-so defense, and we were 100% in the game until we simply made too many mistakes in key situations that we could never recover from.

You make fair points. I don't think we gave it away. If we lost to Boise, I'd say we gave that away. But I don't think we gave it to K State, we are just a little out matched IMO

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

Agreed, Timmy should have thrown those balls away. But the man is trying to get us the win. Timmy did a lot of good things for us yesterday that noooobody is talking about. Everyone just keeps pointing out the mistakes. We need to give credit where credit is due.

Timmy didn't help himself on every single snap, but he certainly didn't get the help he needed on every single snap either.

Javon Baker had one reception for 10 yards.

Jarrad Baker, Deonte Marks, and Demarkcus Bowman -- the fastest guys on the team -- did not sniff the ball. Not getting these guys the ball, provided they are healthy -- is the only bad play calling (omission) I saw.

Bowman needed a minimum of five touches.

Reactions: PhDee
Timmy didn't help himself on every single snap, but he certainly didn't get the help he needed on every single snap either.

Jarrad Baker, Deonte Marks, and Demarkcus Bowman -- the fastest guys on the team -- did not sniff the ball. Not getting these guys the ball, provided they are healthy -- is the only bad play calling (omission) I saw.

Bowman is a mid. He has not seen the field for any of the three college teams where he “played”. Somehow you said that Malzahn was saving him for Kansas St. Lol.

Gotta wonder how many ever wore a jock strap with some of the comments let alone the football pads. The loss hurt for sure but the fight in this team pointed to a winning season.

Who was surprised by the outcome of the game with a backup QB on this team. Who was surprised with the tackling knowing that our LBs are the second weakest position.

Nonetheless, this team doesn't quit and will improve. Winning a Bowl game and beating Boise State are the realistic goals for this year. I haven't seen a championship caliber QB on our team since KZ and Bortles before that.

Bowman is a mid. He has not seen the field for any of the three college teams where he “played”. Somehow you said that Malzahn was saving him for Kansas St. Lol.

Mid my azz. He is the fastest player on the team and was the No. 2 RB in the nation. Four of the top six guys are in the NFL. Funny the one at the u has done crap. He must be a mid.

Angry at yesterday's result, instead re hashing watch this video to put things in perspective of McKenzie Milton being carted off the field. In the 1 minute mark shows Jake Hescock kneeling (passed away 2022). At the 3 minute mark shows Otis Anderson walking back(passed away 2021). At the 3:40 mark shows McKenzie Milton giving a fist pump and then after that he puts his hand to his eyes and then one of the trainers turns and put his hand over Mckenzie's chest in a gesture to console him (never recovered fully).

Last edited:

And not running any more plays where Harvey rolls out and either gets tackled for a loss or throws the ball away. At this point, that should go back on the shelf until they are much better at it in practice, or some kind of new wrinkle is added because it's just a loss of down so far.

The entire game plan was garbage and it put TM in bad positions constantly. He did make bad decisions, but you kind of expect it from a young QB and plan accordingly.

I’m not mad at the players, they are coached in particular ways and do play hard. This loss is due to coaching. Not taking advantage of their secondary is inexcusable. As is all those ridiculous wild knight plays that add nothing to an offense in 2023. Gus seems to be stuck in 2010 offensively. Most teams have moved on or have absorbed the good parts of the wild cat into RPOs and recruited QBs to match.

We finally have a full team of heart!

Should Timmy have thrown those balls away?

Yes, but Timmy knows you can't win games throwing the ball away. The man is out there doing everything in his power to get us the win!!
You also can’t win running out of bounds 12 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Or running out of bounds 12 yards short of the first down marker on a 4th down play.

The entire game plan was garbage and it put TM in bad positions constantly. He did make bad decisions, but you kind of expect it from a young QB and plan accordingly.

I’m not mad at the players, they are coached in particular ways and do play hard. This loss is due to coaching. Not taking advantage of their secondary is inexcusable. As is all those ridiculous wild knight plays that add nothing to an offense in 2023. Gus seems to be stuck in 2010 offensively. Most teams have moved on or have absorbed the good parts of the wild cat into RPOs and recruited QBs to match.
This. Team played extremely hard; Timmy made 2 bad plays; KState's O was better than our D. It was up to the coaches to put our offense in the best possible position to win this game. They did not. The offensive play calling wasn't atrocious overall; in fact is was pretty darn good for the most part.

However, the handful of coaching errors on offense were HUGE and for the most part, 100% avoidable.
1. They did not push it downfield nearly enough. The few times we threw moderate to long passes, we were successful. Even on the missed long passes; the ball was delivered well and could have been a play. Why not do that more?
2. Instead, Gus forces the round peg into the square hole and simply forces "his offense" no matter the situation: Run/Wild Knight when it's not needed.
3. Why not pass to setup the run vs RUN a ton b4 we even make a pass attempt? Timmy only had a few pass attempts in the 1st half. Get him comfortable early and let him make a few high percentage plays early.

This doesn't have to be this complicated. Gus just can't get out of his own way and it's not helping our team take the next step.

Reactions: Happy Hands
There is no doubt in my mind those guys wanted to win this and believed they could win it. I bet they are kicking themselves knowing what could have easily been. Regardless of the outcome they were in it to win it and had the potential for nearly 3/4 of the game to do so.

I am nor knocking those guys at all. They are the ones practicing and putting the time in,not me. I want them to develop the attitude they are there for their brothers first and foremost. I hope they want to win it for us but they need to win it for themselves .

Reactions: SimpleJack53

Maybe a little criticism here and there? They definitely played their hearts out and tried to beat K State that is unarguable.

There were some great plays, some OK plays, some accidents that went our way, some accidents that didn't go our way, and a couple of bad plays. Overall, I would give this game a solid B. There is room for improvement for multiple squads on the team, one player didn't cost us the game. I thought the game play from Timmy was a B+/A- in the first half and solid B in the second. My favorite play of the game was the flea flicker. Hands down the play of the game for me. Perfectly executed. The worst play of the game was when we ran back 15 yards and went out of bounds as that killed our momentum. I feel like Timmy had very little coaching at USF and then has been relegated to backup duty at UCF so getting his second start, I feel like he is progressing well. He has a great arm, he's quick, and has a good pocket presence. He just needs to learn when to throw the ball away. As far as the delay of game penalties, these kept the fans in the game. I couldn't tell if that was an issue on Timmy or the Coaches.

We don't have the size or talent yet. It wasn't there against Navy and it's still not here against one of the best teams in the Country. How long will it take? I'm not sure. 3-4 years?

There is no doubt in my mind those guys wanted to win this and believed they could win it. I bet they are kicking themselves knowing what could have easily been. Regardless of the outcome they were in it to win it and had the potential for nearly 3/4 of the game to do so.

I am nor knocking those guys at all. They are the ones practicing and putting the time in,not me. I want them to develop the attitude they are there for their brothers first and foremost. I hope they want to win it for us but they need to win it for themselves .
"easily been"????

Angry at yesterday's result, watch this video to put things in perspective of McKenzie Milton being carted off the field. In the 1 minute mark shows Jake Hescock kneeling (passed away 2022). At the 3 minute mark shows Otis Anderson walking back(passed away 2021). At the 3:40 mark shows McKenzie Milton giving a fist pump and then after that he puts his hand to his eyes and then one of the trainers turns and put his hand over Mckenzie's chest in a gesture to console him (never recovered fully).

I don't think anyone compares it to that. We see your point, but apples and oranges here.

Reactions: jackfs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT