ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness. (BYU 1st round loss)

First weekend's over and the Big12 has what?, 3 of EIGHT teams still in it?...after TX loses tonight.

Yea, I'd say that's not great.

And more money? I'm pretty sure UCF won't be seeing any of that additional money
Actually all of the money for the tourney (units) are split by the conference so yes root for Texas because they won’t see any of it

First weekend's over and the Big12 has what?, 3 of EIGHT teams still in it?...after TX loses tonight.

Yea, I'd say that's not great.

And more money? I'm pretty sure UCF won't be seeing any of that additional money
Wake up dude

Yes which doesn't kick in until 24-25.

I'm not a lawyer, but a Texas win doesn't do anything for UCF monitarily.

"Brett McMurphy of Action Sports reports that under the current media deal, the final annual revenue payout for the original eight and the former Pac-12 schools is estimated to be somewhere around $42 million in 2024-25, which would include payouts from the CFP, bowl games, and NCAA Tournament units. But for UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU, it’s still $19 million"

"Brett McMurphy of Action Sports reports that under the current media deal, the final annual revenue payout for the original eight and the former Pac-12 schools is estimated to be somewhere around $42 million in 2024-25, which would include payouts from the CFP, bowl games, and NCAA Tournament units. But for UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU, it’s still $19 million"

Huh I thought that was just media rights… I may be wrong though

We do indeed get part of this years March madness credits. Nice try though.

Very fun to have something to root for even though we’re not in it…. Go Big 12

We do indeed get part of this years March madness credits. Nice try though.
So we get the payouts… but over a 10 year span.. not going to change much but it’s something to root for I guess lol 2M per this year.. Texas counts towards the big 12. Next year F them of course.. could come out to 3M a year per school if the big 12 keeps winning.. let’s all agree and root for $

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We get a portion of the money divided up by Big 12. Not the same as others but we get more with every win in conference. Plus it helps perception going forward. Even though we don’t get money from PAC 12 teams, them winning will bring more eyes next year.

Reactions: KRH55
Down to just Houston and Iowa st… bummer. At least they are really strong teams

Lol…Big 12 is so trash. ACC with FOUR teams in the Sweet 16 & Lil 12 with TWO teams.

Last edited:
We get a portion of the money divided up by Big 12. Not the same as others but we get more with every win in conference. Plus it helps perception going forward. Even though we don’t get money from PAC 12 teams, them winning will bring more eyes next year.
Basketball money from the NCAA tournament is not that much. From the NIT is literally nothing.

Houston had their entire team foul out and survived . Shead is clutch , fouled out on the next possession

I haven't watched a lot of games but fun tourny so far!

I did watch the 2nd half of NIT usf vs VCU. VCU was the far superior team but usf the scrappy team that they are crawled back to keep it close at the end. I probably won't watch another NIT game and just focus on the NCAA tourny. Of course my interest with watching usf was pure not-liking-them and enjoyment in seeing them lose. They have a pretty good team though. Will be interesting if they can repeat next year.

Sweet 16 now!

Not pulling for any particular team just want to see some good games.

fyi, Monday night, 8pm ESPN. Caitlan Clark's last home game. West Virg vs Iowa. I'll tune into what will probably break records for viewership in Women's Basketball history.

fyi, Monday night, 8pm ESPN. Caitlan Clark's last home game. West Virg vs Iowa. I'll tune into what will probably break records for viewership in Women's Basketball history.
It’s a Tourney game in Albany. Not Iowa. They are playing an 8 seed. I don’t think that will break records.

"Iowa will be playing on its home court in the second round for the third consecutive season."

"It will be the final home game for Clark, sixth-year guard Kate Martin and fifth-year guard Gabbie Marshall, who have led the Hawkeyes to back-to-back 30-win seasons."

"Iowa will be playing on its home court in the second round for the third consecutive season."

"It will be the final home game for Clark, sixth-year guard Kate Martin and fifth-year guard Gabbie Marshall, who have led the Hawkeyes to back-to-back 30-win seasons."

That’s dumb. They already play real fad teams and give them home court. Women’s game is a joke.

That’s dumb. They already play real fad teams and give them home court. Women’s game is a joke.
For fan support probably. Except for Caitlin and the Hawks, NCAA women's tournament isn't gonna draw well consistently on a neutral court.
Like our old conference in the football title game playing on the best teams home field.

"Women’s game is a joke."

My advice to you is not to watch it then. It's not for everyone. Game is sold out in Iowa tonight. For shits-n-giggles I went to 2nd hand market websites looking for tix. 180 bucks for cheapest. Not bad, but what else is there to do in Iowa? Has spring corn sprouted yet? :p

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
The girls they hitch their wagons to are not likable. I don’t get how disrespecting your opponent is fun to watch. Caitlyn’s Dad doesn’t like how she’s acting. Her and The LSU girl are more like Draymond Green then Wembanyama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT