ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness. (BYU 1st round loss)

Iowa, the No. 1 seed in the Albany 2 Region, beat No. 8 seed West Virginia 64-54. Clark had 32 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists in her final home game, and broke yet another record in her historic season. She now has 1,113 points, passing former Washington Huskies star Kelsey Plum for most points in a Division I season.

I watched the 2nd half of the Iowa game. West Virginia (Big12 team) tied it up with 5 minutes to go. It got heated and was entertaining to the end. You must not know too many people. Don't know anyone who watches Pro Basketball? Eh? Wha? Wowsa. A lot of my friends watch the NBA, especially the Magic. One close friend is so into the Lakers I sometime's get tired of talking to him. :p

I started watching women's basketball back in the 90s. My Dad lived in Knoxville and was a huge Lady Vols team. He made me interested in just talking to him about the game and how it is more of a team sport than the men's game. He was some ways right. They play below the rim and it's more about strategy then giving it to your star player and letting him create a shot. I went to a few games when Pat Summit was making her historic run at Tennessee. I found it interesting.

Men's basketball is funner to watch though. but, I'll watch anything. Yesterday I ended up watching live stream on youtube of Mountain Biking urban downhill in Mexico (pretty fun watch), and then , before the Iowa game, Live stream on Youtube, Pro surfing at Bell's Beach Australia. Kelly Slater advanced out the first round.

But, whatever, I get it, people may not like a sport, or even approve of watching something different. Good for them. I'm not trying to get anyone to watch something they don't want to. Caitlan Clark is a national sport's story right now and it's March Madness. 15 minutes of fame will end as soon as Iowa gets bounced. One thing I won't watch is the Women's NBA. I really don't like the NBA all that much either (too many games). But, I'll pay attention to headlines. I would not have watched Iowa game last night if it wasn't for Clark in the headlines. I enjoyed the game. Her 3 point shooting is amazing. Last non UCF women's game I watched was last year's LSU-Iowa Championship game. My next one will probably be Women's final.

Sorry for all that text, 3 cups of coffee...and, I can type very fast.

before the Iowa game, Live stream on Youtube, Pro surfing at Bell's Beach Australia. Kelly Slater advanced out the first round.
not really aware of the season schedule but surfing 🏄🏽‍♂️ is pretty awesome to watch as a backdrop on tv. I remember seeing CBS Sports Network airing some of the competitions

Reactions: lawknight
I watched the 2nd half of the Iowa game. West Virginia (Big12 team) tied it up with 5 minutes to go. It got heated and was entertaining to the end. You must not know too many people. Don't know anyone who watches Pro Basketball? Eh? Wha? Wowsa. A lot of my friends watch the NBA, especially the Magic. One close friend is so into the Lakers I sometime's get tired of talking to him. :p

I started watching women's basketball back in the 90s. My Dad lived in Knoxville and was a huge Lady Vols team. He made me interested in just talking to him about the game and how it is more of a team sport than the men's game. He was some ways right. They play below the rim and it's more about strategy then giving it to your star player and letting him create a shot. I went to a few games when Pat Summit was making her historic run at Tennessee. I found it interesting.

Men's basketball is funner to watch though. but, I'll watch anything. Yesterday I ended up watching live stream on youtube of Mountain Biking urban downhill in Mexico (pretty fun watch), and then , before the Iowa game, Live stream on Youtube, Pro surfing at Bell's Beach Australia. Kelly Slater advanced out the first round.

But, whatever, I get it, people may not like a sport, or even approve of watching something different. Good for them. I'm not trying to get anyone to watch something they don't want to. Caitlan Clark is a national sport's story right now and it's March Madness. 15 minutes of fame will end as soon as Iowa gets bounced. One thing I won't watch is the Women's NBA. I really don't like the NBA all that much either (too many games). But, I'll pay attention to headlines. I would not have watched Iowa game last night if it wasn't for Clark in the headlines. I enjoyed the game. Her 3 point shooting is amazing. Last non UCF women's game I watched was last year's LSU-Iowa Championship game. My next one will probably be Women's final.

Sorry for all that text, 3 cups of coffee...and, I can type very fast.
Pro women’s basketball. We were talking about women’s basketball.

Reactions: PositYourself
I like watching Clark and Iowa play and although I don’t have a large sample size, feels like the women play better team basketball because they rely less on pure athleticism. Men’s college basketball can sometimes be really ugly.

I like watching Clark and Iowa play and although I don’t have a large sample size, feels like the women play better team basketball because they rely less on pure athleticism. Men’s college basketball can sometimes be really ugly.
AAU has killed TEAM basketball

Reactions: Robert0122
That game last night was ugly but Clark is usually very entertaining to watch when she gets on one of those Steph Curry heaters

I don’t know anyone that cares about any women’s sport. I used to root for Women’s US Soccer but they rubbed me the wrong way with the kneeling and then saying they deserve the same money as men. Ever since they worried about off the pitch stuff they haven’t been great. Women’s basketball is terrible. Only 8 teams have a chance to win it all. Men, pretty much anyone in top 30 can win it all.

Hey DUDE, I feel sorry for you that you feel so isolated and cornered so much that can't watch sports on Tv. Good luck with your infliction.​

Caitlin Clark effect: Iowa's NCAA Tournament win over West Virginia sets viewership record​

Story by Cydney Henderson, USA TODAY
• 1h

Caitlin Clark and the Iowa Hawkeyes continue to break records.

Monday's second round NCAA women's tournament matchup between the No. 1 seed Hawkeyes and No. 8 seed West Virginia Mountaineers, broadcast by ESPN, averaged 4.9 million viewers, marking the largest pre-Final Four audience in women's March Madness, Sports Media Watch reported Tuesday.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
Michelle Akers may be the greatest women’s soccer player of all time n a UCF grad. She always showed class and took no shortcuts. That is not the character of today’s team.
The girl that just retired ruined the mentality of team. If you don’t put winning first, it’s last. They are playing like it for the last couple years.

Reactions: connerito
european nations now caring about women's soccer and the big european clubs putting money into their women's team is what hurt the women's national soccer team. girls being developed in pro academies like the boys will always win over our pay to play system.

european nations now caring about women's soccer and the big european clubs putting money into their women's team is what hurt the women's national soccer team. girls being developed in pro academies like the boys will always win over our pay to play system.
This is more of the reason than Rapinoe being annoying . Europe started caring and their development system is superior to ours in soccer. they used the men’s academy model and quickly caught up. Spain won the World Cup w a number of starters that didn’t even play bc the dispute w their manager who they hated.

Thursday NCAA tourny starts back up:

7Pm Clemson vs Arizona
730. SD State vs UCONN
930 Bama vs N.Car
10. Illinois vs Iowa State

This is more of the reason than Rapinoe being annoying . Europe started caring and their development system is superior to ours in soccer. they used the men’s academy model and quickly caught up. Spain won the World Cup w a number of starters that didn’t even play bc the dispute w their manager who they hated.
They put soccer first not politics . The issues in Spain were personal but not political

Reactions: Robert0122
Clemson beat Arizona.

This Bama vs North Carolina game in the first half is one for the ages! Pretty intense and a lot of 3 pointers.
very entertaining game . Grant Nelson was clutch on offense and defense for Bama in those last 5 minutes

Illinois beats Iowa State

UCONN seems to be on another level and I think their roster is deeper than Houston’s

Hope Houston beats Duke tonight

Overall a disappointing tournament for the Big 12. wonder if that affects the respect the league gets next year.

Reactions: PositYourself
UCONN seems to be on another level and I think their roster is deeper than Houston’s

Overall a disappointing tournament for the Big 12. wonder if that affects the respect the league gets next year.
It certainly could but I think if the conference does really well next year in non con we should be fine

Lol. The Big 12 was way overrated by fans of the league. “Best basketball conference” my Cuban a$$.

The entire Big 12 conference is trash. Yeah…you boys keep flexing on every UCF conference loss like Johnny Dawkins was accomplishing something by losing. Lol.
not me w Johnny. You are correct here about the spin when it comes to Dawkins though. So many fans especially on X are so happy to celebrate playing ugly and covering the spread in this league. a weird shift in the mindset of the fanbase, even worse the ones that do it for Football

giphy.gif
Illinois fans after UCONN’s 30-0 run

UConn gets flack for their football team, but their basketball program is arguably the best in the country in the last few decades. National championships under 3 different coaches, and now possible back to back.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT