ADVERTISEMENT

Mattis resigns

You gotta give ol' Husk credit, at least he's stepping up and staunchly defending his "Make America Great Again" President with a courageous "Yawn."

I'm guessing most of our Trumpsters here are too busy Christmas shopping to post right now.

Why should I give him credit? For being a Fuking dumbass? Mattis was the last adult in the room and now he's gone. If you still support Trump after this you are actually an absolute fuking dipshit.

Serious question: It seems there's consensus on how bad this is. True? Or is there spin out there that people are getting behind?

Serious question: It seems there's consensus on how bad this is. True? Or is there spin out there that people are getting behind?

Depends on who you ask and what you read. Fox News is more focused on the shutdown. CNN thinks it’s doomsday. Per usual it’s somewhere in the middle. Not entirely surprising—I mean aren’t he and Betsy the only ones left? And the writing was on the wall when Donald called him a Democrat on his 60 Minute interview.

Just another day in paradise!

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Depends on who you ask and what you read. Fox News is more focused on the shutdown. CNN thinks it’s doomsday. Per usual it’s somewhere in the middle. Not entirely surprising—I mean aren’t he and Betsy the only ones left? And the writing was on the wall when Donald called him a Democrat on his 60 Minute interview.

Just another day in paradise!
Faux news will spin it...let's all be adults.

It's hitting the DoD pretty hard. Mattis was universally respected within the department, more so than any SecDef in recent memory. He was also universally recognized as hands down the most legitimate member of Trump's cabinet, from both the Right and Left.

For him to resign like this says things must be pretty damn bad.

Reactions: Crazyhole
It's hitting the DoD pretty hard. Mattis was universally respected within the department, more so than any SecDef in recent memory. He was also universally recognized as hands down the most legitimate member of Trump's cabinet, from both the Right and Left.

For him to resign like this says things must be pretty damn bad.

I would agree, but the reason for him resigning gives me pause. We can't just maintain forces everywhere in the world, and it isnt like the 2000 troops in Syria were enough to stop anything major from happening. If shit goes down, we were going to have to recommit anyway. I'd rather Mattis still be there but this shouldn't have been the straw that broke the camels back.

I would agree, but the reason for him resigning gives me pause. We can't just maintain forces everywhere in the world, and it isnt like the 2000 troops in Syria were enough to stop anything major from happening. If shit goes down, we were going to have to recommit anyway. I'd rather Mattis still be there but this shouldn't have been the straw that broke the camels back.
Why take troops from Syria first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT