ADVERTISEMENT

May as well be honest

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
A great many of you don't actually believe that UCF is as good as you claim the team to be. And you never will until you get the justification that comes from joining a P5 conference, which you complain about the idea of. "We need to join the Big12"......."the AAC is better than the Big12 ".........."we are better than everyone else "............"we need P5 money to compete".........."recruiting rankings don't matter"........."if we had P5 money we would have higher ranked classes"........."our media market is huge"......."if ESPN would give us a better deal we would have a better media market"

All the while, the team just keeps winning and the fans just keep bitching. Maybe some of you could learn a lesson from the 18-22 year olds on the team.

Reactions: CFKnight
A great many of you don't actually believe that UCF is as good as you claim the team to be. And you never will until you get the justification that comes from joining a P5 conference, which you complain about the idea of. "We need to join the Big12"......."the AAC is better than the Big12 ".........."we are better than everyone else "............"we need P5 money to compete".........."recruiting rankings don't matter"........."if we had P5 money we would have higher ranked classes"........."our media market is huge"......."if ESPN would give us a better deal we would have a better media market"

All the while, the team just keeps winning and the fans just keep bitching. Maybe some of you could learn a lesson from the 18-22 year olds on the team.
Wow. Settle down. One looney bin visit yearly is enough. It’s football bro. Relax. [cheers]

No complaints here. 24 in a row, path to NY6 bowl. The committee wants to keep us out, but I'm not losing sleep over it. We live rent-free in the heads of bluebloods, and the national media has no choice but to talk and debate about us and about the system.

Our tickets are such that our stadium is full of people who make noise and have fun. We have a bonus home game. How high do you think the emotion level will be when Mack takes the field in his first home start? How loud will it be for the first defensive snap?

Neither you, the committee, espn, twitter jerks, pundits, nor anyone else are not going to spoil it for me.

Go knights! Enjoy it or not. I've made my decision.

No complaints here. 24 in a row, path to NY6 bowl. The committee wants to keep us out, but I'm not losing sleep over it. We live rent-free in the heads of bluebloods, and the national media has no choice but to talk and debate about us and about the system.

Our tickets are such that our stadium is full of people who make noise and have fun. We have a bonus home game. How high do you think the emotion level will be when Mack takes the field in his first home start? How loud will it be for the first defensive snap?

Neither you, the committee, espn, twitter jerks, pundits, nor anyone else are not going to spoil it for me.

Go knights! Enjoy it or not. I've made my decision.
OtterKnight, I like you. Only a few posts but I think I've liked each one.

Welcome to the board, you've been a great addition already.

Thanks atsKnight! I'm a long time lurker who finally decided to give it a go for real.
Me too. I've been lurking since '02. I've been ok letting other people share the opinions up until this year, when it became obvious that the #ucftwittermafia and the rest of the online ohana is having a tangible effect on the future of our program.

A lot of fans delude themselves into thinking that their cheering is affecting the team, but in our case it's actually true. We can see AP voters changing votes, commentators fearing our wrath, and companies like ESPN taking us more seriously b/c of the passion and number of fans.

So if participating online is my part to play in the ohana, then that's my kuleana.

You guys seriously dont see the double-speak on this board?
Seriously, this twisted double speak which you speak of wouldn't be double speak if not but for the constantly moving bench marks of greatness set forth by the media and blue blood programs.
UCF is valued or devalued based on our budget, the amenities, the recruiting rankings. Everytime we win , the goal posts get moved or redefined or ignored. It's mind numbing the hypocrisy of the P5 conferences, the media and their fans.

So yah this fan base is constantly trying to figure out the P5 Media and their biases and fallacies on a weekly basis as to why we don't belong. Sure we're nuts buddy but for the love of Pete, look in the fricken mirror and you will see a system that is broken and is screwing half of college football because of programs like us threaten the false narrative if you are from a P5 conference, well you're automatically better. Ugh...

Last edited:
Seriously, this twisted double speak which you speak of wouldn't be double speak if not but for the constantly moving bench marks of greatness set forth by the media and blue blood programs.
UCF is valued or devalued based on our budget, the amenities, the recruiting rankings. Everytime we win , the goal posts get moved or redefined or ignored. It's mind numbing the hypocrisy of the P5 conferences, the media and their fans.

So yah this fan base is constantly trying to figure out the P5 Media and their biases and fallacies on a weekly basis as to why we don't belong. Sure we're nuts buddy but for the love of Pete, look in the fricken mirror and you will see a system that is broken and is screwing half of college football because of programs like us threaten the false narrative if you are from a P5 conference, well you're automatically better. Ugh...
Strong points. These inconsistencies, double standards, and contradictions are a large part of the FBS. In some ways its fun. In other ways its discriminatory.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Strong points. These inconsistencies, double standards, and contradictions are a large part of the FBS. In some ways its fun. In other ways its discriminatory.
College football is often now a subjective matter based on the prism of the viewer, fan or media elite. We are chasing a moving target in the fog. So, one week we are touting one thing and another week it's something else. Meanwhile none of the P5 teams have to meet any of these subjective measues. So, yeah it keeps us running round like a record baby round round...

Reactions: Knightlife77
College football is often now a subjective matter based on the prism of the viewer, fan or media elite. We are chasing a moving target in the fog. So, one week we are touting one thing and another week it's something else. Meanwhile none of the P5 teams have to meet any of these subjective measues. So, yeah it keeps us running round like a record baby round round...
To be fair, I don't think any of the P5s except Bama like the arbitrary measures either, but it keeps them in power so they don't mind it.

They have to deal with shifting goalposts as well. Remember how conference championships were so important until they weren't last year? Buckeyes were pissed...

His online persona is definitely bipolar. I thought he was kidding about going to crazy house but he could be real. I need to introduce him to my wife and they can ride off into sunset together.

Bipolar? Hardly. Situational depression, and I didnt go to a crazy house, i went to an addiction facility and was sent home the next day after the screening determined that I wasnt addicted to anything. Regardless, i stand by my point. There are some posters here who complain about being dismissed out of hand by fans and the media because of your schedule, but at the same time play the exact same game when talking about other teams. Or how UCF is better than everyone but BAMA, but then complain about money acting as though its holding the team back. Either you are being held back and not an elite team, or you are an elite team and proved that money isnt a panacea. There just seems to be a victmhood complex that exists alongside a superiority complex.

Reactions: SECpolitician
I agree that after having the P5 organized and the Big East rug pulled out from under our feet that there is a sense of somethings missing for many of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT