ADVERTISEMENT

Plumlee quote

Plumlee is unable to read defenses. That’s why you see him getting sacked so much, he doesn’t know where to go with the ball. Malhazan tries to make it easy for him - a short pass (one read) and get rid of the ball quick.

Other than that, dude gets himself in trouble throwing the ball. NVM that he is highly inaccurate on any pass longer than 20 yards. That’s who he is, an athlete pretending to be a QB. He’s not going to improve either.
For once you made sense. Congrats

Just read that the coaches are going to work Plumlee's schedule so that he gets to participate in Spring Ball. Hope that is beneficial to him and team.
Just read? LOL!!

This Football Scholarship player was ALWAYS going to participate in Spring Practice...Gus has mentioned it MULTIPLE times.

Only reason he came to UCF was because Gus agreed to allow him to also play Baseball as well...WHILE practicing with the football team.

Heck..remember when he enrolled at UCF in Jan 2022...UCF petioned the NCAA so Plumlee could play Baseball last Sprong at UCF but NCAA rejected their request.

The thing you guys don't get is that he and Malzahan are FRIENDS. Nothing will change come Fall.
Frost and Milton relationship was the only reason Milton came back for his sophomore season when the team didn't want him (Milton Youtube) . I don't think this is uncommon. That being said, if the player doesn't pan out the coach is left looking like a failure by the team and fans.

Reactions: Yaes
Frost and Milton relationship was the only reason Milton came back for his sophomore season when the team didn't want him (Milton Youtube) . I don't think this is uncommon. That being said, if the player doesn't pan out the coach is left looking like a failure by the team and fans.
Yup, major risk to the coaches if they end up supporting the wrong person, which is why I doubt Gus would go with JRP if someone else was clearly a better option. “Clearly” obviously means different things to different folks, though.

And the guy that engineered BOTH those wins is no longer here......and without THAT guy we lose 3 more games.....so what did Plumlee do again? And now, instead of trying to improve is off making his 2nd grade self happy.....WTF
So what you are pointing out is the guy who had the windup throwing motion, so viciously criticized by many going into the season, ended up beating the teams that DG could not beat. Ok, I agree with that.

But my point is that, as a team, we did not regress at QB after DG left, in terms of winning key games against the leading AAC teams. Don't forget that we also beat Tulane, which beat Kansas State & USC, and we beat SMU, of whom so many were scared that our offense could not keep up with their high powered attack.

I agree with you that we need to continue to improve at the QB position. But with McClain and TC getting more acclimated in our system, along with JRP getting more accustomed, I think that we are closer than many expect to having a quality QB room with respectable depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: U C to the F
That is really sad if that is true and, if it is, we have the wrong head coach.
There was an article where it was stated how they'd hang out at each other's home and play pool. Just speculating here, but I think we're stuck with JRP even if he's second best.

Last edited:
There was an article where it was stated how they'd hang out at each other's home and play pool. Just speculating here, but I think we're stuck with JRP even is he's second best.
As a professor, I found I had to be very careful hanging out with one or two of my students because even if I wasn't playing favorites there was always the danger other students could think I was. This is particularly true if the students you are hanging out with are receiving some kind of treatment, reward or position others don't think they deserve. I would think in sports this could present a real problem with the other players. Very tricky path to walk.

So what you are pointing out is the guy who had the windup throwing motion, so viciously criticized by many going into the season, ended up beating the teams that DG could not beat. Ok, I agree with that.

But my point is that, as a team, we did not regress at QB after DG left, in terms of winning key games against the leading AAC teams. Don't forget that we also beat Tulane, which beat Kansas State & USC, and we beat SMU, of whom so many were scared that our offense could not keep up with their high powered attack.

I agree with you that we need to continue to improve at the QB position. But with McClain and TC getting more acclimated in our system, along with JRP getting more accustomed, I think that we are closer than many expect to having a quality QB room with respectable depth.
JRP 9-5. In his 5 losses, 1 TD and 8 Turnovers.
Gabriel 8-5 (last two UCF seasons). In His 5 losses, 17 TDs and 2 Turnovers.

But Plumlee beat Cincinnati, well not exactly since he didn't play in the 2nd half where Keene lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback. And that Cincinnati Team was obviously equal to the Cincinnati team that went 22-2 the previous two seasons. I am sure Tulsa brags about how beating UCF in 2019 is equivalent to the 2017/2018 team.

JRP 9-5. In his 5 losses, 1 TD and 8 Turnovers.
Gabriel 8-5 (last two UCF seasons). In His 5 losses, 17 TDs and 2 Turnovers.

But Plumlee beat Cincinnati, well not exactly since he didn't play in the 2nd half where Keene lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback. And that Cincinnati Team was obviously equal to the Cincinnati team that went 22-2 the previous two seasons. I am sure Tulsa brags about how beating UCF in 2019 is equivalent to the 2017/2018 team.
Definitely some apples and oranges comparisons going around - interesting to see the DG stats comparison, though.

I always felt like labeling DG as a choker was unfair - I put the “big” losses more on Heupel’s shoulders than anyone else.

Reactions: U C to the F
Definitely some apples and oranges comparisons going around - interesting to see the DG stats comparison, though.

I always felt like labeling DG as a choker was unfair - I put the “big” losses more on Heupel’s shoulders than anyone else.
I didn't say Plumlee beat Cincy. I said that we AS A TEAM did not regress at QB after DG 's departure in regard to THE ABILITY TO BEAT THE TOP AAC TEAMS. I agree that DG up a ton more stats. But I prefer to have a QB who can win the games where it matters most. I care more about wins than stats.

If a QB has way better stats but the team wins the same, wouldn’t the defense have most of the blame in that scenario?

When Plumlee needed to step up in the final 4 games of the season he lost 3 of them.
Can’t argue with facts……when he wasn’t 100% healthy physically, his shortcomings as a passer were easy to spot and defend against.

Yeah pretty sure they both won’t be here a year from now.
I'm pretty sure we will see one of them leave the program. I think one will be staying at the minimum for back up purposes. I'd like to think that if we see Timmy or Tommy focusing their time in the weight room, the film room, and at practice it will pay off at the Spring Game. If Plumlee struggles there and against Boise, then we may see them leap frog Plumlee. Again, I don't have anything against Plumlee as he is one hell of a QB but in the words of Ron Swanson, "Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing and be very good at it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT