ADVERTISEMENT

McKenzie Milton; Best UCF QB ever

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
I have watched since I was a student in 1984. Nobody has had the on field intelligence of MM. Daunte had the shear size and athletic ability. Blake had moments of brilliance. But Milton was absolutely amazing in his ability to run this offense. How many reads does he make a play? How many times did he shift to make something out of nothing?

My prediction for Scott Frost? Unless he can find himself a Milton, things will be slow going.

Reactions: K is Silent
I have watched since I was a student in 1984. Nobody has had the on field intelligence of MM. Daunte had the shear size and athletic ability. Blake had moments of brilliance. But Milton was absolutely amazing in his ability to run this offense. How many reads does he make a play? How many times did he shift to make something out of nothing?

My prediction for Scott Frost? Unless he can find himself a Milton, things will be slow going.
If Milton plays all 4 years yes. He needs to break all of Dauntes Career records. But unless Milton goes to NFL I'm still going to claim Daunte as best unless Bortles can play in a Super Bowl.

If Milton plays all 4 years yes. He needs to break all of Dauntes Career records. But unless Milton goes to NFL I'm still going to claim Daunte as best unless Bortles can play in a Super Bowl.

What more does Milton have to prove? I loved Daunte if only for his decision to stick with UCF once he made grades. But Daunte also made many mistakes, some that cost us games. He did not have as talented a team around him, but the competition from a week to week standpoint was not as good either. We would play a few P5 programs but then the rest was not good.

What more does Milton have to prove? I loved Daunte if only for his decision to stick with UCF once he made grades. But Daunte also made many mistakes, some that cost us games. He did not have as talented a team around him, but the competition from a week to week standpoint was not as good either. We would play a few P5 programs but then the rest was not good.
It depends how you define best. Best 1 year? Yes Milton. You can't really throw away last year either. He was on the cusp of leaving and we were happy he was. He played last year like he played in first half yesterday. He's going to have to break Dauntes records. Plus it's nice to have a guy play in NFL so you can justify to other fan bases how good of a player you had. UF has had some great teams but their QBs were stacked with great receivers and O lines. When they went to NFL they were terrible.

It depends how you define best. Best 1 year? Yes Milton. You can't really throw away last year either. He was on the cusp of leaving and we were happy he was. He played last year like he played in first half yesterday. He's going to have to break Dauntes records. Plus it's nice to have a guy play in NFL so you can justify to other fan bases how good of a player you had. UF has had some great teams but their QBs were stacked with great receivers and O lines. When they went to NFL they were terrible.

I define best by the quarterback who is able to make the right decisions and win games. Yes you can throw away last year because last year was a throw away for the whole team. Brand new coaching staff, brand new system, Milton was a true freshman. To me going to the NFL does not mean squat. The college skill set and the NFL skill set are completely different animals. Who cares what they do once they leave? It is what they do here that matters. Does it really matter that Tebow was a bust in the NFL? No, he will live on as the best QB UF had because of the success he was able to have and the affect he had on the team

I define best by the quarterback who is able to make the right decisions and win games. Yes you can throw away last year because last year was a throw away for the whole team. Brand new coaching staff, brand new system, Milton was a true freshman. To me going to the NFL does not mean squat. The college skill set and the NFL skill set are completely different animals. Who cares what they do once they leave? It is what they do here that matters. Does it really matter that Tebow was a bust in the NFL? No, he will live on as the best QB UF had because of the success he was able to have and the affect he had on the team
I actually care what they do when they leave here. Having guys do well in NFL helps recruiting.

It kind of makes me wonder what Frost saw in Milton back when Oregon was looking at him. He definitely has the "IT" factor. Whatever that is. This entire team this year was fun to watch. Here's hoping for 2018 to be similar but it's going to be hard to match. (btw, just thinking aloud...can't wait to watch the game on DVR tonight. Being there was great but you miss stuff).... Go Knights!

But it has nothing to do with their college performance
yeah your UF analogy is spot on. Does anyone think Gator fans care that Tebow and Percy Harvin had short NFL careers bringing them 2 Natties?

I root for them to have success at that level but it's not going to upset me to have 'system guys' that put up crazy numbers in College and win this Program a lot of games.

Reactions: Wings0fred
yeah your UF analogy is spot on. Does anyone think Gator fans care that Tebow and Percy Harvin had short NFL careers bringing them 2 Natties?

I root for them to have success at that level but it's not going to upset me to have 'system guys' that put up crazy numbers in College and win this Program a lot of games.
If you polled all UF fans who were fans from say 85 and on, who they think was a better player, between Tebow and Emmitt. Who would they pick? I'm willing to bet a lot of them would say Smith.

If you polled all UF fans who were fans from say 85 and on, who they think was a better player, between Tebow and Emmitt. Who would they pick? I'm willing to bet a lot of them would say Smith.
If you asked them who was the best college player UF had between those two I am not sure your answer would be correct. Emmit was awesome (I was in law school when he was playing), but Tebow is a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT