ADVERTISEMENT

McKenzie Milton joins the Tennessee Volunteers - reaction from ESPN's Andrea Adelson

I am glad Milton is coaching. I am glad he is in the SEC. I hope he learns a great deal under Heupel. But I have questions about this decision.

There was talk about Milton coming to UCF at one point. Milton was even listed as a possible OC for UCF back in December: https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.co...or-ucf-knights-offensive-coordinator-plus-one

"Back in June, Malzahn was quoted by the Orlando Sentinel as saying he thinks Milton would be a “great coach,” and that he and Lindsey had offered Milton to be a graduate assistant. However, Milton declined the offer to focus on his family, including his newborn son, and his work in the NIL space with Dreamfield and Mission Control. However, Malzahn also mentioned that “you never know what the future holds.”

What changed?

UT Offensive Analyst > UCF Graduate Assistant?

(Knowing the coaching business I assume this means Heupel has promised Milton an on-the-field coaching position in 2024.)

Reactions: FoxKnight and Yaes

(Knowing the coaching business I assume this means Heupel has promised Milton an on-the-field coaching position in 2024.)
Yes and twice on Tuesday.

UT can pay $$ even for analysts so this was a good financial move for Milton...plus, he will gain experience working in a fully funded P5 program...something that he might be able to see thru in another 10-15 years or so at UCF.

Reactions: knight_tracker
I am happy for him and I am sure he will learn a great deal but I think Gus made a mistake in letting him get away. I sure hope he comes back to UCF someday.

this news just reaffirms that NIL is probably a pyramid scheme that could collapse at any time

He’s a young father that needs stability, he’ll be an OC in a few years. If Gus hired Frost as OC he would have stayed in Orlando

Reactions: Yaes
I am glad Milton is coaching. I am glad he is in the SEC. I hope he learns a great deal under Heupel. But I have questions about this decision.

There was talk about Milton coming to UCF at one point. Milton was even listed as a possible OC for UCF back in December: https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.co...or-ucf-knights-offensive-coordinator-plus-one

"Back in June, Malzahn was quoted by the Orlando Sentinel as saying he thinks Milton would be a “great coach,” and that he and Lindsey had offered Milton to be a graduate assistant. However, Milton declined the offer to focus on his family, including his newborn son, and his work in the NIL space with Dreamfield and Mission Control. However, Malzahn also mentioned that “you never know what the future holds.”

What changed?

The move doesn't need to be questioned. It's a promotion and good for his career.

this news just reaffirms that NIL is probably a pyramid scheme that could collapse at any time

He’s a young father that needs stability, he’ll be an OC in a few years. If Gus hired Frost as OC he would have stayed in Orlando
Maybe he isn't a fan of yard sales. I'm not a flea market guy.

(Both your points are valid.)

Reactions: ProAttitude
Have to admit, he would have made the XFL or USFL worth watching. (even if he wasn't UCF quality.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT