ADVERTISEMENT

MD 80 over shoot of runway

Game_Day_Sports

Golden Knight
Jul 17, 2008
Everybody safe and that is good news.. Not the point of the post.

I have the news on in the background while I am making my lunch and I hear this. "It's too soon to speculate what could have caused this horrific crash was it the snow and ice or something else." To which I know there is about to be a special contributor to tell us all of the things that could have happened to cause it.

And sure enough, I turn around and it is Fox News reporting.

Remember, nobody was even transported to the hospital. Visibility was less than 100 feet. I am no Fox News correspondent, but I am going to go with bad weather Alex for $500.

In other news, Brian Willams was spotted at the end of the runway in a tank top holding up two road flares to guide them in John Mclane style. Or should I say Brian Williams style.

Originally posted by Game_Day_Sports:
Everybody safe and that is good news.. Not the point of the post.

I have the news on in the background while I am making my lunch and I hear this. "It's too soon to speculate what could have caused this horrific crash was it the snow and ice or something else." To which I know there is about to be a special contributor to tell us all of the things that could have happened to cause it.

And sure enough, I turn around and it is Fox News reporting.

Remember, nobody was even transported to the hospital. Visibility was less than 100 feet. I am no Fox News correspondent, but I am going to go with bad weather Alex for $500.

In other news, Brian Willams was spotted at the end of the runway in a tank top holding up two road flares to guide them in John Mclane style. Or should I say Brian Williams style.
That plane was shot down and Brian Williams was on it.

I'd imagine it was pretty horrific if you were sitting inside the plane. Just sayin'

This country has such a stupid hard on for any story involving an aircraft that is mildly out of the norm.

Originally posted by sk8knight:
I'd imagine it was pretty horrific if you were sitting inside the plane. Just sayin'
Yeah...the jet didn't over shoot the end of the runway...it veered hard to the left right after landing...crashing thru barrier fence right next to the bay:

635611618807892991-A01-DELTAnypd2-05b.jpg

delta-jet-composite.jpg

Airport right next to water (like LaGuardia, Boston, San Fran, etc...), it does cross your mind that there isn't much room for error on some of their runways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT