ADVERTISEMENT

(Memphis board) Memphis vs UCF Game Thread

The Knightman Cometh

Bronze Knight
Oct 31, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm bored at work so went to the Memphis board and saw their main thread during the championship thread. Pretty entertaining https://csnbbs.com/thread-864736.html

Take-aways: They hated hearing about Milton's injury on TV during their 14-0 run (a possible career-ending injury that happened only a week prior to this game), they think UCF fans are whinny/classless, they started blaming the refs as early as the 2nd quarter even when they had a substantial lead, and generally most of them chalked this up to the refs winning this for us...only a few our their fans had our back. Kind of an immature bunch in my opinion.

Pre-game:
"Tigers are going to win by 10+."
"So how much will a Tigers win cost each AAC team?"
"Won't cost a dime. UCF is going to the Group of Five bowl slot regardless of what happens. IMO."
"The highest ranked G5 Champion gets the access slot. If we beat UCF they will not be a champion."
"Just got horrible news...The BEAR picked FCU to win today"
"They are a cocky bunch down there...damn"
"Do you know why there were no Knights in the tropical climates? The Tigers ate them."
"If this game is close in the 4th quarter, I expect the refs to get involved. AAC can't have the Tigers win today."

1st Quarter:
"That is a good start"
"Well, it didn't take long for darrell henderson to score. 2nd touch and he's gone."
"WTF.....stupid ass television can't even show it"
"That is called a punch in the mouth to start the game off. We are ready to play ball!!"
"What The F...Glad as heck at the score, pissed off at the ABC / ESPN network - this game deserves better...most of the country completely missed 14-0"
"Alabama fans don't have to deal with this crap. This is exactly why i refuse to watch the p5 and espn and all sports networks unless they are showing my tigers or grizz."
"Maybe Cfu won’t recover"
"UCF booing when a guy of ours goes down... no class"
"UCF fans are complete trash. I would expect nothing less. F them."
"UCF fans so classy. They lose their QB to injury and demand the world give them absolute sympathy. Then they boo a Memphis kid hurt on the field."
"It was a bad injury and sucks for them. But sooner or later they need to realize he is not the first kid to ever be hurt. Sorry, just worn out by this. He got hurt in a football game. He did not die in Afghanistan."
"I'm mckenzie'd out...I'll tell you that"
"Mom being interviewed...Good lord. Never seen this much drama over an injury."

"This x100. He had a good run, but his time is over. How about that Memphis offense? Talk about how we are skull dragging the UCF defense right now"
"Fumble and recovered by Memphis!"
"Keep your foot on their throat Tigers. No mercy!"

2nd Quarter:
"These refs are awful"
"We are now playing the refs too"
"Norvell does not play well with a lead. He gets way too conservative."
"F ucf, Can't f$&@ing stand em"
"I can't believe they let their coach walk out onto the field and pump up the crowd."
"It's not even close, officials have taken this game over"

"Woohoo!"
"The refs may be against us, but Karma seems to be on our side."
"Norvell saying here comes Henderson and there is nothing you can do about it. I love it."
"Extremely obvious that these officials have been given their marching orders to keep this one close"
"No doubt about it. it will be a rough 2nd half."
"Norvell heavily out coaching Heupel. Heupel is also kind of fat."
"Refs trying to give the appearance that they are being fair with a meaningless holding call there. I am not fooled."
"Alright, let's keep ramming it down their throats in the 2nd half and take a deep shot every once in a while to keep them honest. #GTG"
"And yes, central trolls reading this for entertainment, we know it does not help losing a starting QB. We literally lost a basketball player last week. Hoping the kid gets better but lord."

3rd Quarter:
"The refs will be out in force in the 2nd half. The AAC will have them doubling their effort."
"Adjustment will be made by UCF hope we are ready. It is hard to be a Memphis fan."
"These refs will cost us this game. Just watch. It's going to happen. Prepare yourself."
"I hate our defense. It is tough being a Memphis fan."
"Refs will not cost us this game. It will come down to us scoring more than them"
"The conference wants UCF to win and the refs have been instructed accordingly"
"Every one of us needs to call the AAC offices."
"They brought Milton's torso to the game."
"I'd almost forgot about Miltons death."
"What a piece of crap is Norvell!? Jesus f###"
"Should have gone for it on 4th down. UCF will take the lead now on this possession."
"Never be Power 6 with this type of corrupt officiating."
"Corrupt to the core. 2 years in a row."

"If you are going to cheat you definitely don't let a team get up by 17 points. Did the refs replace the UCF defensive line as well. Because they seem to be playing better"
"Ucf's ROOKIE freshman qb has dominated his matchup with brady white. He has shown a lot more skill passing the ball downfield too. Of course it helps that chris ball has decided to not show him much of a pass rush. Ucf deserves this game, and this is not about officials."

4th Quarter:
"Make a GDAMN tackle."
"Good job blowing the lead chris ball defense. I've never hated a memphis coach so much in my life."
"I think the refs have fulfilled their responsibility at this point."
"Does our QB have a broken right arm?"
"Yep that’s it. Game over folks. The look on Novell’s face. He knows he just lost the game."
"Relax guys. We still very much in the game"
"Plenty of time"
"Can we have a miracle, just once, against this team?"
"I am afraid the odds are stacked against in this one. The 3 picked up flags were critical. But that’s football. Fair or not."
"I didn't think it was possible to have over 400 yds rushing and be losing in the 4th quarter."
"Did you see those er, fans, flipping off our kids. Win streak wasted on such a classless low rent bunch."

"This isn't necessarily horrible coaching, we are getting WHIPPED on both sides of the ball. UCF players manned up and swung at us and we are folding. Their guys are running thru tackles."
"THIS...They are whipping us and we are not responding"
"Game ain't over yet."
"Yes game is over"
"Absolutely no pressure. That QB is going into statue mode and just waiting for someone to break open..."
"Glad y'all felt the need to neg rep me. Crybabies. UCF was the better team this half. Im a huge tiger fan but Im watching this game objectively"
"Had potential to be a great day and then both teams blow it."
"Always second best"
"Everybody's backup QB is better than our starter"
"refs sucked the first half. tigers sucked even more in the second. pitiful effort in the second half. disappointing."
"Blame the refs all you want. this second half is an embarrassment. Offense and defense."
"I think UCF has now scored a sufficient number of points to make the refs' contribution irrelevant. If we don't make some changes on D next year and have White improve a ton, then we'll be lucky to do as well as this year. Good thing we had those cupcakes at the beginning of the season."
"I haven't been this disappointed in a tiger team in a long time. played their ass off the first half and then just looked like they quit in the second half."

Post Game:
"i can't believe we lost to this f'ing team again."
What a colossal ****** day for Memphis sports. Both teams CHOKE."
"I only hope UCF wins their meaningless bowl game and finishes undefeated again. They'll get another fake trophy for being "Life Champions" and the rest of America will continuing laughing at little ole UCF. At least last year they had the compelling story of that one-handed guy."
"One of the worst coached and played halfs of ball I've ever seen. Norvell brought us here and I thank him for that but he is a terrible coach in some regards. We should NOT have been embarrassed like this."
"Some of yawl need to get a life. Good grief ..........UCF were the returning Champions & they played like it."
"They refs didn’t beat us, UCF beat us and we beat ourselves. You don’t score 3 in a half and cry about the refs, bad look. We got outplayed when it mattered, period. That’s on the players AND the coaches."

I'm bored at work so went to the Memphis board and saw their main thread during the championship thread. Pretty entertaining https://csnbbs.com/thread-864736.html

Take-aways: They hated hearing about Milton's injury on TV during their 14-0 run (a possible career-ending injury that happened only a week prior to this game), they think UCF fans are whinny/classless, they started blaming the refs as early as the 2nd quarter even when they had a substantial lead, and generally most of them chalked this up to the refs winning this for us...only a few our their fans had our back. Kind of an immature bunch in my opinion.

Pre-game:
"Won't cost a dime. UCF is going to the Group of Five bowl slot regardless of what happens. IMO."
"The highest ranked G5 Champion gets the access slot. If we beat UCF they will not be a champion."
"Do you know why there were no Knights in the tropical climates? The Tigers ate them."
"If this game is close in the 4th quarter, I expect the refs to get involved. AAC can't have the Tigers win today."

1st Quarter:
"That is a good start"
"Well, it didn't take long for darrell henderson to score. 2nd touch and he's gone."
"That is called a punch in the mouth to start the game off. We are ready to play ball!!"
"What The F...Glad as heck at the score, pissed off at the ABC / ESPN network - this game deserves better...most of the country completely missed 14-0"
"Alabama fans don't have to deal with this crap. This is exactly why i refuse to watch the p5 and espn and all sports networks unless they are showing my tigers or grizz."
"UCF fans so classy. They lose their QB to injury and demand the world give them absolute sympathy. Then they boo a Memphis kid hurt on the field."
"It was a bad injury and sucks for them. But sooner or later they need to realize he is not the first kid to ever be hurt. Sorry, just worn out by this. He got hurt in a football game. He did not die in Afghanistan."
"This x100. He had a good run, but his time is over. How about that Memphis offense? Talk about how we are skull dragging the UCF defense right now"

2nd Quarter:
"These refs are awful"

"I can't believe they let their coach walk out onto the field and pump up the crowd."

"Woohoo!"
"Norvell saying here comes Henderson and there is nothing you can do about it. I love it."
"Extremely obvious that these officials have been given their marching orders to keep this one close"
"Refs trying to give the appearance that they are being fair with a meaningless holding call there. I am not fooled."
"Alright, let's keep ramming it down their throats in the 2nd half and take a deep shot every once in a while to keep them honest. #GTG"
"And yes, central trolls reading this for entertainment, we know it does not help losing a starting QB. We literally lost a basketball player last week. Hoping the kid gets better but lord."

3rd Quarter:
"The refs will be out in force in the 2nd half. The AAC will have them doubling their effort."
"Adjustment will be made by UCF hope we are ready. It is hard to be a Memphis fan."
"These refs will cost us this game. Just watch. It's going to happen. Prepare yourself."
"Refs will not cost us this game. It will come down to us scoring more than them"
"Should have gone for it on 4th down. UCF will take the lead now on this possession."

"If you are going to cheat you definitely don't let a team get up by 17 points. Did the refs replace the UCF defensive line as well. Because they seem to be playing better"
"Ucf's ROOKIE freshman qb has dominated his matchup with brady white. He has shown a lot more skill passing the ball downfield too. Of course it helps that chris ball has decided to not show him much of a pass rush. Ucf deserves this game, and this is not about officials."

4th Quarter:
"Make a GDAMN tackle."
"Good job blowing the lead chris ball defense. I've never hated a memphis coach so much in my life."
"Yep that’s it. Game over folks. The look on Novell’s face. He knows he just lost the game."
"Plenty of time"
"I am afraid the odds are stacked against in this one. The 3 picked up flags were critical. But that’s football. Fair or not."
"I didn't think it was possible to have over 400 yds rushing and be losing in the 4th quarter."
"Did you see those er, fans, flipping off our kids. Win streak wasted on such a classless low rent bunch."

"This isn't necessarily horrible coaching, we are getting WHIPPED on both sides of the ball. UCF players manned up and swung at us and we are folding. Their guys are running thru tackles."
"Game ain't over yet."
"Yes game is over"
"Absolutely no pressure. That QB is going into statue mode and just waiting for someone to break open..."
"Glad y'all felt the need to neg rep me. Crybabies. UCF was the better team this half. Im a huge tiger fan but Im watching this game objectively"
"Always second best"
"refs sucked the first half. tigers sucked even more in the second. pitiful effort in the second half. disappointing."
"Blame the refs all you want. this second half is an embarrassment. Offense and defense."
"I think UCF has now scored a sufficient number of points to make the refs' contribution irrelevant. If we don't make some changes on D next year and have White improve a ton, then we'll be lucky to do as well as this year. Good thing we had those cupcakes at the beginning of the season."
"I haven't been this disappointed in a tiger team in a long time. played their ass off the first half and then just looked like they quit in the second half."

Post Game:
"I only hope UCF wins their meaningless bowl game and finishes undefeated again. They'll get another fake trophy for being "Life Champions" and the rest of America will continuing laughing at little ole UCF. At least last year they had the compelling story of that one-handed guy."
"One of the worst coached and played halfs of ball I've ever seen. Norvell brought us here and I thank him for that but he is a terrible coach in some regards. We should NOT have been embarrassed like this."
"Some of yawl need to get a life. Good grief ..........UCF were the returning Champions & they played like it."
"They refs didn’t beat us, UCF beat us and we beat ourselves. You don’t score 3 in a half and cry about the refs, bad look. We got outplayed when it mattered, period. That’s on the players AND the coaches."
Classic! Thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed this read!

Pre-game:

1st Quarter:
"That is a good start"

2nd Quarter:
"These refs are awful"

"Woohoo!"

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:
"Make a GDAMN tackle."
"Plenty of time"

"Game ain't over yet."
"Yes game is over"
"Always second best"

Post Game:

Post of the Day...no, Week!

I just laughed for about 5-10 mins while enjoying lunch.

Must read for all! Thank you!

I admit I cringed when I heard all the boos after the Memphis player went down with injury. Regardless of whether some players could be faking injuries to milk the clock, it's not a good look. Anyone watching the game and not familiar with previous games probably came away with a bad impression as well

its been 28 years since Memphis beat us. Were like Florida and theyre like Kentucky in Kentucky couldnt beat them for 30 years.. Ill take it. We have a losing record against other teams in our conference.

I don't blame them, this latest loss may be the worst. The numbers game says UCF is going to be punished for falling that far behind and it was done with QB2 this time. I think most UCF fans are lying if they thought we would still win that game once we got down 17.

Memphis fans think there is a conspiracy against them. They were blaming the ref's before, during, and after the game.
Not saying the refs were biased but if before the game the roles were reversed, and the league who pays the refs would get a 4 million dollar payday if Memphis won, I would be scared of bias too.

1990. It has been a loooooong time. so close the last three times. Memphis has serious case of UCF blue balls.

Reactions: Mikesi
I must admit that I kind of chuckled when they said “UCF bought Milton’s dead torso to the game”

It’s like Heupel had all the players touch the body of Christ, kneel and make the sign of the cross at halftime

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I don't blame them, this latest loss may be the worst. The numbers game says UCF is going to be punished for falling that far behind and it was done with QB2 this time. I think most UCF fans are lying if they thought we would still win that game once we got down 17.

I can honestly say I didn’t lose hope but I knew it would take a repeat 2nd half....which wasn’t likely....lightning striking twice an all

I noticed there were gripes of UCF fans being classless for booing an injured Memphis player....What they fail to realize is we were booing because it was an obvious tactic and scheme to fake an injury to slow down our tempo, they had guys dropping on defense left and right and would magically come back in the game a few players later.

Reactions: SkiDog291
I can honestly say I didn’t lose hope but I knew it would take a repeat 2nd half....which wasn’t likely....lightning striking twice an all
I probably would have felt that way with Milton at QB who has a history of 80 second scoring drives & 40+ yard chunks in the passing game. With what I saw from Mack till that point I thought we were done

I probably would have felt that way with Milton at QB who has a history of 80 second scoring drives & 40+ yard chunks in the passing game. With what I saw from Mack till that point I thought we were done

Agreed.

Don’t know exactly why I felt hope. Knew #8 had the tools but was definitely not showing it. I guess it was the rest of the team is really solid and I thought they just needed to settle in and come off their emotional high...and we couldn’t play worse with 3 TOs and horrible tackling.

I noticed there were gripes of UCF fans being classless for booing an injured Memphis player....What they fail to realize is we were booing because it was an obvious tactic and scheme to fake an injury to slow down our tempo, they had guys dropping on defense left and right and would magically come back in the game a few players later.

While this is true just booing every injury is a bad look. The ones that they took the most offense to where when offensive players were hurt as that was obviously not a stalling tactic.

While this is true just booing every injury is a bad look. The ones that they took the most offense to where when offensive players were hurt as that was obviously not a stalling tactic.
I think that in most instances it was pretty obvious. Some fans that booed injuries that had nothing to do with our offensive tempo were pretty idiotic. I actually yelled out, “he’s really injured.” Some fans are either too drunk so they have the mob mentality or they just have low football IQs

Agreed.

Don’t know exactly why I felt hope. Knew #8 had the tools but was definitely not showing it. I guess it was the rest of the team is really solid and I thought they just needed to settle in and come off their emotional high...and we couldn’t play worse with 3 TOs and horrible tackling.
I wasn’t really surprised about Mack and by him putting up great numbers, but I was very nervous about the defense and was seriously doubting a comeback because it didn’t look like we were going to make the necessary adjustments. That first half was ridiculous. Defense was so clueless as to how to stop the wildcat

Not saying the refs were biased but if before the game the roles were reversed, and the league who pays the refs would get a 4 million dollar payday if Memphis won, I would be scared of bias too.

I guess that's why the refs allowed Memphis to jump out to 17 pt leads THREE DIFFERENT TIMES during that game.

They must be terrible at their bias jobs to allow the above to happen even once...let alone THREE TIMES.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I guess that's why the refs allowed Memphis to jump out to 17 pt leads THREE DIFFERENT TIMES during that game.

They must be terrible at their bias jobs to allow the above to happen even once...let alone THREE TIMES.
I said before the game didn't I?

I commented about this just after the game....the Memphis fanbase never accepts accountability for their losses.....it was just as bad for last year's championship game.

While it’s a funny read it reminds me of a lot of our board when ECU and USF were manhandling us during the GOL early years. It makes you remember never to forget where you came from.

While it’s a funny read it reminds me of a lot of our board when ECU and USF were manhandling us during the GOL early years. It makes you remember never to forget where you came from.

But I don't remember trying to blame the officials or our conference every time we lost....we got our butts kicked by superior teams, just that simple. Even that wild game at ECU when we turned the ball over on 5 straight possessions....it was on us.

Reactions: lawknight
There was no booing for offensive players or players with legit injuries. The booing happens when UCF has a big play and end up deep in the red zone looking to run tempo and pound it in and then a player faints on defense and they sub in their goal line package during the free TV timeout.

There was no booing for offensive players or players with legit injuries. The booing happens when UCF has a big play and end up deep in the red zone looking to run tempo and pound it in and then a player faints on defense and they sub in their goal line package during the free TV timeout.

The proof in the pudding is these guys that go down act badly hurt, then come back 2 plays later looking like nothing happened....great example was that Goodson guy.....he was the designated flop guy twice but looked like an all-conference player the rest of the game....I swear Doctors need to study this guy's recuperative abilities. They could use him in the next Avengers movie.

Agreed. If their OL goes down, I’m pretty sure it’s a legit injury. They have nothing to gain - it’s not a Pitt/FAU flop. It’s not a guy hurting himself while running in from their sideline. Their momentum is gone and they lose the player for a bit.

I think the point is defenders do get hurt and get cramps playing defense. Against our defense they have no time to rest and prob have more issues

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think the point is defenders do get hurt and get cramps playing defense. Against our defense they have no time to rest and prob have more issues

Indeed. People who are down after a big play just got done running a long way down the field. It's not easy for some of the big guys.

In addition, ever had the air knocked out of you? It feels like you're going to die for about 30 seconds, and then you feel fine. It easily could explain the "well they were just fine later the same drive."

I don't boo the injured players. Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT