ADVERTISEMENT

(Memphis board) Memphis vs UCF Game Thread

While this is true just booing every injury is a bad look. The ones that they took the most offense to where when offensive players were hurt as that was obviously not a stalling tactic.

Agreed. If their OL goes down, I’m pretty sure it’s a legit injury. They have nothing to gain - it’s not a Pitt/FAU flop. It’s not a guy hurting himself while running in from their sideline. Their momentum is gone and they lose the player for a bit.

I distinctly remember Memphis facing a 3rd and long backed up into their own end. All their players got back into their position and were awaiting the call and to line up. The crowd was amped. An o-lineman fell to the dirt after being perfectly able to get in position and ready to go. They took the free time out and got themselves sorted into the right play on the sidelines and came out facing less crowd noise and converted the 3rd down. It can absolutely be used in situations on both offense and defense as a free timeout to get organized. Good on them and it's impossible to penalize but when it's blatantly skirting the intent of the rule allowing free stoppage of play for "injuries" they should hear it.

I distinctly remember Memphis facing a 3rd and long backed up into their own end. All their players got back into their position and were awaiting the call and to line up. The crowd was amped. An o-lineman fell to the dirt after being perfectly able to get in position and ready to go. They took the free time out and got themselves sorted into the right play on the sidelines and came out facing less crowd noise and converted the 3rd down. It can absolutely be used in situations on both offense and defense as a free timeout to get organized. Good on them and it's impossible to penalize but when it's blatantly skirting the intent of the rule allowing free stoppage of play for "injuries" they should hear it.

I still give the benefit of the doubt. Just because they're unsportsmanlike doesn't mean I have to be.

Reactions: HammerB08

I still give the benefit of the doubt. Just because they're unsportsmanlike doesn't mean I have to be.

That's fair. I've only taken vocal exception to a few of them all year when it was clear that they stood to gain a lot from a free breather and the player gets themselves immediately up from the last play, to their side of the LOS and in position for the next play, and then makes a decision to drop.

Reactions: OtterKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT