ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis can still win the AAC west

I read an article the other day that there are several scenarios where they hold the tiebreaker, see if I can find it
SMU holds the tie-breaker over everyone except Memphis and Tulsa, because they haven't played them yet.

They also have probably the hardest West schedule, as their East games were UCF, Cincy, and UCONN (they can't be all winners)

SMU holds the tie-breaker over everyone except Memphis and Tulsa, because they haven't played them yet.

They also have probably the hardest West schedule, as their East games were UCF, Cincy, and UCONN (they can't be all winners)

The SMU Memphis game is big....An SMU win basically kills Memphis chances

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
SMU is hot and Memphis is not good on the road. I think SMU will beat them. Either way home field is going to go to the east champion.

The SMU Memphis game is big....An SMU win basically kills Memphis chances
Not basically. It would eliminate Memphis. SMU would then just need to beat Tulsa or have Memphis beat Houston at home to clinch the west.

Reactions: Mikesi
Not basically. It would eliminate Memphis. SMU would then just need to beat Tulsa or have Memphis beat Houston at home to clinch the west.

hmmmm....in the context of AAC west scenarios described in the referenced article, that still qualifies as an accurate summary account of a complex situation....hence basically

I heard UH lost their QB for the season?!?

So now no King and no Ed Oliver?

I think Memphis wins that game, which all but guarantees SMU the west

SMU or UH without their stars are fairly easy wins. I think Memphis II would be an easier win as well. Anyway you slice it, the UCF V Cinci winner is the int drivers seat for a NY6 bowl.

Memphis can win the west with a win vs Houston and a Tulane loss to Navy which seems possible, but unlikely

I would have to say that we could be looking at 3-4, 3 loss teams in the west.

Tiebreakers galore

Memphis can win the west with a win vs Houston and a Tulane loss to Navy which seems possible, but unlikely

I would have to say that we could be looking at 3-4, 3 loss teams in the west.

Tiebreakers galore
I crowd sourced the 4-way tie on Twitter.

Let's say SMU loses to Tulsa, I wonder what happens then. Memphis beats Houston, but lost to Tulane. Houston beat Tulane, but will have lost to Memphis. What happens then?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Answering my own question. It would fall to this:

▪️Record against each team in the divisional standings, in descending order

First comparison would be SMU and Memphis would have the only win.

So still Memphis. So it's down to Memphis vs Houston, everyone else is eliminated.

Anybody know much about the backup qb for Houston? Is he any good

He looked pretty good from the few series I watched in the second half, but they obviously didn't game plan for him. He threw a nice touchdown pass. Should be much easier to defend him than King

Memphis doesn’t have it in them to get up for UCF again...especially at our place with the crowd they are gonna see and an undefeated season on the line.

If the new rejuvenated D shows up we should be able to handle them at home without getting into a shootout........

Why are we sweating Memphis? Didn’t we just win 23 games in a row? Didn’t we beat them like a 1000 times in a row? Aren’t we playing at home? They should be sweating us.

They expect to lose and hope to win.

We know we’re going 1-0.

Why are we sweating Memphis? Didn’t we just win 23 games in a row? Didn’t we beat them like a 1000 times in a row? Aren’t we playing at home? They should be sweating us.

They expect to lose and hope to win.

We know we’re going 1-0.
“WE” is a lot of people. I’m cool. :sunglasses::cool2:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT