ADVERTISEMENT

Washington V Texas...who ya WANT to win?

Washington V Texas...who ya want?

• Washington

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

The Knightman Cometh

Bronze Knight
Oct 31, 2012
Washington, DC
It's who ya WANT not who THINK will win.

So normally I'd be pulling for a B12 member or an underdog team...seeing as Texas is leaving the B12 and is basically property of the SEC yet they are still technically a B12 member, and Washington is by far the ONLY team I actually want win the whole thing...I'm pretty conflicted.

If Texas wins the whole thing, B12 can say they have a championship in the playoff era (important) even though they are on the way out....but also having them beat Washington and play Alabama and lose to them in the championship just creates more promotions for the SEC next year.

Idk. I've always hated Texas, even before they announced they were leaving the SEC. But they're still B12. And no matter what having a B12 member in the playoff I still think is beneficial for the stats (just like TCU killing Michigan in the playoffs last year was a great stat for the B12). Or am I wrong here and Texas winning the whole thing is just worst overall for the B12?

So normally I'd be pulling for a B12 member or an underdog team...seeing as Texas is leaving the B12 and is basically property of the SEC yet they are still technically a B12 member, and Washington is by far the ONLY team I actually want win the whole thing...I'm pretty conflicted.

If Texas wins the whole thing, B12 can say they have a championship in the playoff era (important) even though they are on the way out....but also having them beat Washington and play Alabama and lose to them in the championship just creates more promotions for the SEC next year.

Idk. I've always hated Texas, even before they announced they were leaving the SEC. But they're still B12. And no matter what having a B12 member in the playoff I still think is beneficial for the stats (just like TCU killing Michigan in the playoffs last year was a great stat for the B12). Or am I wrong here and Texas winning the whole thing is just worst overall for the B12?
See I conflicted about this as well. If Texas wins would the big 12 generate more $? If so that’s what I want

Reactions: U C to the F
See I conflicted about this as well. If Texas wins would the big 12 generate more $? If so that’s what I want
Yes, Big12 benefits greatly monetarily by Texas winning. And the kicker is I don’t think Texas sees any of those benefits since they are leaving. It’s a no brainer to be rooting for Texas. I mean what else matters? Washington will be Big10 next year and Texas will be SEC. **** em all, pay me…

This is going to be considered the SEC vs the Big Ten. I imagine they will mention those teams are leaving their conferences upwards of a thousand times. The fact that Texas is leaving the Big 12 is probably one of the major deciding factors that got them put into the NCAA/ESPN Perception Control Tournament.

The SEC and the Big 10 will probably separate from the rest of college football soon. I expect FSU and Clemson to be in the Big 10 or SEC in 2025.

I don’t care who wins and I wouldn’t be surprised if Texas had SEC patches on their uniforms tonight.

i sense M has the better team, W the better quarterback. i'd rather see a competitive game than a particular winner. they are both b10 now.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I’m not sure on how true it is but I read on the Big12 board that the conference does not get extra money for Texas winning. I’m going for Washington, but really don’t care who wins too much.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I’m not sure on how true it is but I read on the Big12 board that the conference does not get extra money for Texas winning. I’m going for Washington, but really don’t care who wins too much.
Each conference receives $6 million from the College Football Playoff for each team selected for a semifinal game and $4 million for each team that plays in a non-playoff bowl under the College Football Playoff (Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls in years they are not semifinal sites). bcs

Each conference receives $6 million from the College Football Playoff for each team selected for a semifinal game and $4 million for each team that plays in a non-playoff bowl under the College Football Playoff (Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls in years they are not semifinal sites). bcs
So you get money for participating , not for winning sounds like

Thanks for bringing the UCFacts

Opinions should be made after they know the UCFacts, not before.

#UCFacts

:cool:

Reactions: AVeritas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT