Memphis loses to Murray State

ed4ucf

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Casselberry, Fl
at home, 76-72.
glasses.gif

I agree with Coke here. BCC was out of time outs and you can easily set your defense while at the free throw line. Instead we called the time out and gave them time to draw up a play which ALMOST burned us.

Plus why didn't we use the fouls? We had at least 1 to give, foul immediately once the ball gets in especially when the initial pass was to someone with their back to the basket.

Originally posted by ucfCIVIL31:

Plus why didn't we use the fouls? We had at least 1 to give, foul immediately once the ball gets in especially when the initial pass was to someone with their back to the basket.

Believe they attempted too...(first player to receive the pass inbounds) but he immediately dished it to the runner along the sidecourt who was able to get off a desperation 3 pt shot at the buzzer.

In a similar game vs Southern Miss when AJ hit the game winning shot with a few seconds left...no TO was called and UCF won that game (can't recall if UCF or USM had TO's left).

Props though to Sykes from being incredible down the stretch...as him nailing his last 5 FT's, including the final 2, have to give him even more confidence in upcoming games.

Originally posted by Knight_Light:

Originally posted by ucfCIVIL31:

Believe they attempted too...(first player to receive the pass inbounds) but he immediately dished it to the runner along the sidecourt who was able to get off a desperation 3 pt shot at the buzzer.

It wasn't a very good attempt then. And personally I'd had fouled the play before early on instead of letting the guy drive and foul him then when he was shooting. At least we won.

Memphis plays Louisville this Saturday!

"Sykes from being incredible down the stretch"

Last Night I rewatched the ending on DVR of the UCF-UCONN win and Sykes was really huge in the ending of that game with scrappy under the basket play. Sykes is becomming a dominant player. ...and, of course...that is good!

I see UofL beat Memphis and Memphis dropped out of the top 25 today. Hopefully they are beatable in conference play this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT