ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Soccer ranked #5

That's awesome. Rarely do we have a team ranked that high. Does anyone know what the highest ranked team sport UCF has had?
If you don't count our cheerleading, water skiing, frisbee golf, paintballing or computer programing rankings in the past, I'd guess that THIS MS team ties our past MS soccer team (2019) ranking at #5, and that this team is the highest ranked UCF athletic team ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Jim
I watch the tail end of the game v FIU, so disappointing. They were leading 2-0 only 2 minutes at most left, and FIU ties the game.

the top 3 teams in the country are Sun Belt teams: Marshall, West Virginia and us. and we play Marshall this week. win that and we'll definitely be #1.

During the 1979-1980 Men's Basketball season UCF was ranked # 1 for 2 weeks and stayed in the TOP 5 ALL season. Had some epic battles with Florida Southern during their stay in Div 2, even with Rollins college from time to time.
I know some people may say that D2 doesn't count, but if you were around at that time to see Torchy Clark roaming court side, and Bo Clark shooting from deep, that was something not many teams wanted to deal with.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
I only got on the tail end of that, but Torchy was the only BB worth ...... well probably not but he was HOF. Still wish the 'name' HC could do something, but just don't think it's going to happen. Big XII. Something has to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT