ADVERTISEMENT

Michael oher- the blindside

Cubs79

Golden Knight
Jan 4, 2014
Did anyone see this story today? I knew he had been pretty critical of the movie and that a lot of it was bs for dramatic purposes. But if what he is saying is true, that they tricked him into signing a conservatorship, that's is some pretty messed up stuff.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Did anyone see this story today? I knew he had been pretty critical of the movie and that a lot of it was bs for dramatic purposes. But if what he is saying is true, that they tricked him into signing a conservatorship, that's is some pretty messed up stuff.
My only question is why didn’t he say this when the movie came out over 10 years ago?

He didn’t know that he wasn’t adopted? Didn’t know he wasn’t receiving royalties from the movie? This all sounds a little fishy.
He was 18 at the time, and i am sure he was just listening to the Tuohy's and their lawyers. I think it is more fishy for a family to have a conservatorship over a fully functioning adult who they knew for maybe a year, give or take. That isn't normal. Seems like something his agent might have notices, but I don't really blame him.

He didn’t know that he wasn’t adopted? Didn’t know he wasn’t receiving royalties from the movie? This all sounds a little fishy.
Oher isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

According to what I read, he only recently became aware that he was never actually adopted.

He was 18 at the time, and i am sure he was just listening to the Tuohy's and their lawyers. I think it is more fishy for a family to have a conservatorship over a fully functioning adult who they knew for maybe a year, give or take. That isn't normal. Seems like something his agent might have notices, but I don't really blame him.
It's like the Brittney Spears stuff, I suppose...

Oher isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

According to what I read, he only recently became aware that he was never actually adopted.
I don't think he's dumb, but you have to put yourself in his position. Most 18 year olds are not legal experts, so he trusted them, and likely never bothered to look into it.

My only question is why didn’t he say this when the movie came out over 10 years ago?
Because the fictional account of what happened is the Hollywood story that won Oscars and was a box office hit. The real story is not quite as compelling. Does the film state he was adopted?

I don't think he's dumb, but you have to put yourself in his position. Most 18 year olds are not legal experts, so he trusted them, and likely never bothered to look into it.
I am going to wait to see what the response is but it is always a little suspicious to come up with an accusation when a book is about to be released . if the book being released is true (posted in the fan thread)

so many questions if everything he is accusing turns out to be true

I am going to wait to see what the response is but it is always a little suspicious to come up with an accusation when a book is about to be released . if the book being released is true (posted in the fan thread)

so many questions if everything he is accusing turns out to be true
Yeah, we will have to wait and see, but I think having a conservatorship over a fully functioning adult is even more suspicious.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Yeah, we will have to wait and see, but I think having a conservatorship over a fully functioning adult is even more suspicious.
It changes everything about the story.

From NPR: Michael Oher, the subject of the hit 2009 movie The Blind Side, has alleged that a central part of his story — that he was adopted by a wealthy family — is false. Instead of adopting him, he said, the Tuohy family established a conservatorship, in which they profited from his name, image and likeness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT