ADVERTISEMENT

MM is not the future

C-MontCityKnight2

Silver Knight
Dec 21, 2007
He is the best we have this year, I agree...but he's not the QB that will take us to great things. Pathetic second half. Pathetic. I never expected to beat Houston, but once you are up by 21 points you see how beatable they are.

That's 3 games now that we have away. Pathetic.

this Houston defense made Baker Mayfield look bad who was in the College Football Playoff last season.

He was going to have a bad Freshman moment and it was today vs a very talented Defense(Ed Oliver is scary).

This is the same board that wants to give Holman 3 full seasons but want to give up on a QB that for the most part is one of the bright spots(along with several other true freshmen). Continue the hot takes

this Houston defense made Baker Mayfield look bad who was in the College Football Playoff last season.

He was going to have a bad Freshman moment and it was today vs a very talented Defense(Ed Oliver is scary).

This is the same board that wants to give Holman 3 full seasons but want to give up on a QB that for the most part is one of the bright spots(along with several other true freshmen). Continue the hot takes
Bench MM for good.***

He is the best we have this year, I agree...but he's not the QB that will take us to great things. Pathetic second half. Pathetic. I never expected to beat Houston, but once you are up by 21 points you see how beatable they are.

I think the kid will be fine in the next few years...the problem is now and we have no response when their D makes halftime adjustments....frosh qb and rookie coach...what you see is what we get....

Reactions: Happy Hands

That was an atrocious second half, but I don't think we can pin this entirely on Milton. We've had an almost non existent run game these past couple of games. Milton makes plays and moves the chains. What we saw in the second half was a meltdown. Milton was trying very hard to make something / anything happen but everything was going wrong.

He could be. He just had a terrible game. It happens.

He'll either learn from it or he won't. We'll see. Did learn a few things but he still goes for the hero play to much. So do our RBs btw.

Marshmallow MM. kid made some horrible choices, but with no run game and an offense that has no ability to slow down and control the clock, what do you do? I'll stay in record that this offensive style is not the best option, at least not right now. If you have better athletes all along the offense like at Oregon, than sure it works.

Happy Hands the spread is here to stay. seek other options if you want pro set ball control on Saturdays

You seem to be a Frost and Milton apologist like they can do no wrong. That Houston defense that made Mayfield look like crap made Milton and Frost look good in the first half. Frost and Milton then decided to make them look like the game 1 Houston D all over with horrible play calling and execution.

He's had his horrible freshman moment several times already ND it has now cost us a couple of games. Frost is a terrible coach at making adjustments or trying to change anything up with his offense. If not for that GOL defense we would probably be 2-6.

You seem to be a Frost and Milton apologist like they can do no wrong. That Houston defense that made Mayfield look like crap made Milton and Frost look good in the first half. Frost and Milton then decided to make them look like the game 1 Houston D all over with horrible play calling and execution.

He's had his horrible freshman moment several times already ND it has now cost us a couple of games. Frost is a terrible coach at making adjustments or trying to change anything up with his offense. If not for that GOL defense we would probably be 2-6.

The GOL D that was 0-12....haha...ok.

It's funny that folks gave GOL a 10 year pass and the new coach and players don't get 1 season.

GOL used his entire 1st year as a series of scrimmages. He wanted to force his will even if we could have won a few of those games if he had loosened up.

gtfo out of here with that. A GOL or Key coached team this season would be running the 4'3 with Griffin twins in spots that don't fit them(if they didn't quit the team which was rumored before Frost) with Holman at QB who had the worst rating in the nation with snaps against SC State. Oh and by the way T. Hill, Killins, Snelson, and Hamilton never commit here and look at their contributions this season

I'm willing to criticize Frost but I'm not going to overreact in season 1. Season 2-3 when he has more of his own players and some of the same issues happen then let him have it.

Last edited:
Did O'leary's buyout include a promise for all future UCF head coaches that we would run on every first down...and 50% of second downs? Or is that a testament to no confidence in MM's ability to complete a pass.

I'm sorry...I'm trying hard to buy into this whole Frost/MM deal...but can someone with more football knowledge than me explain why this kid is so highly touted? Throws high (getting his receivers hit hard in the ribs if they somehow come down with a catch) or throws low (resulting in an incomplete pass). He just doesn't seem to be accurate at all. Looks like the kid can do a reverse spin and avoid a sack now and then, but where do all these comparisons to Manziel come from? I just don't see it...

And again....I am tying hard to buy into this. But it is painful to watch.

Did O'leary's buyout include a promise for all future UCF head coaches that we would run on every first down...and 50% of second downs? Or is that a testament to no confidence in MM's ability to complete a pass.

I'm sorry...I'm trying hard to buy into this whole Frost/MM deal...but can someone with more football knowledge than me explain why this kid is so highly touted? Throws high (getting his receivers hit hard in the ribs if they somehow come down with a catch) or throws low (resulting in an incomplete pass). He just doesn't seem to be accurate at all. Looks like the kid can do a reverse spin and avoid a sack now and then, but where do all these comparisons to Manziel come from? I just don't see it...

And again....I am tying hard to buy into this. But it is painful to watch.

He wasn't highly touted. He had offers from Hawaii, UCF, and Navy. He is what he is and can become better. They'll be an off season where he can bulk up and work on things. They'll be a competition and the best guy will play next year. He is the best option we have this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
Thought he was going to Oregon before Frost came here?

Hopefully, in the off season, they can work on his accuracy. Otherwise...I hope he is doing well in his classes because there will be clipboard in his future for the next three years, and maybe he will at least come away from this with a degree.

He will move to WR when we get we get real QB in as part of the next recruiting class. The running around with the hair on fire thing is cute when we are winning, but on days like today he looks like he should be playing QB on an FCS team. I can't recall a single play today when he looked like a serviceable D1 QB. Terrible mechanics.

Hopefully, in the off season, they can work on his accuracy. Otherwise...I hope he is doing well in his classes because there will be clipboard in his future for the next three years, and maybe he will at least come away from this with a degree.
He was close to an offer but recruiting momentum slowed when he got hurt his Senior season.

He won the Oregon QB camp with over 60 participants. It's way too early for your last assumption on him, he will be the only QB with experience next fall with freshmen QBs just out of HS. You guys are acting like he struggled vs a IAA defense, chill out

Again...I'm really trying...and this is an honest question. Can his passing mechanics/accuracy be fixed in the off season or with a year of experience? Or is his accuracy and mechanics what they are. It's not like he was a superstar Wr in high school and somehow became UCF's starting QB this year. He's been at this a while, right?

I hold my breath every time the kid releases the ball...even the swing out passes. Has nothing to do with decision making which I am sure (for his sake) can be fixed with experience.

I don't understand QB's who do the Manziel and turn around to run towards their own goaline to escape pressure. if you struggle to throw it when you're standing still why run away from your receivers and try to hit them? Taking a sack or throwing it away is better than a turnover, you can't win turning it over that much. His QBR was a 19.1, I thought Holman was bad, Milton takes the cake there.

About half of his snaps he seems to look to break the play and scramble around. Its either that or our receivers suck at getting open.

Milton hasn't been accurate. A lot of it had to do with his footwork and decision making. Where's the QB coach to review and fix these problems week to week?

In his defense, the run game and run blocking has been horrible. Hamilton had a 28 yard run and he ended with 23 yards!!! All running backs were 20 rushes for 19 yards combined and without Hamilton's run they were 19 for -9 yards!

So.., with no run game, Houston was able to tee off on a true freshman QB in his 5th game vs a great defense led by 5 star Ed Oliver.

Milton may be injured anyway and out for an indeterminate time. Let's just wait.

Milton is playing hard to make good out of a difficult situation. Run blocking and pass protection have been problematic, not to mention play calling that is not taking the best advantage of our strengths.

Yes MM has made mistakes but I don't see a half empty glass. I see a young courageous and talented kid with tons of upside if he can get the support he needs on and off the field in the next year or so.

Reactions: Knight_Light
He's a true freshman playing with other guys who are in their first year with this system. The only part of Milton's game that really worries me is he can't hit water if he throws the ball off a boat. His accuracy is terrible. Even on uncontested passes. How many times did he throw a screen pass 4 feet over the receivers head?

Reactions: 2015UCFMBA
I kinda dug the 50 ft high tear drop screen to Dontravius Wilson in the Uconn game though***

It's funny that folks gave GOL a 10 year pass and the new coach and players don't get 1 season.
This times 1000. I was a GO hugger too. People continually say how his first year he was dealing with a dumpster fire and needed his recruits so he got a pass (from me as well) for the 0-11. Why, therefore, is Frost getting blasted for a 4-4 campaign so far where, legitimately, we are 3 plays away from being 7-1? He has one class of recruits. If we are still doing this year 3, then yeah there is a major issue. Right now, sit back and enjoy the ride. It is going to be bumpy at times. We knew this going in.

This times 1000. I was a GO hugger too. People continually say how his first year he was dealing with a dumpster fire and needed his recruits so he got a pass (from me as well) for the 0-11. Why, therefore, is Frost getting blasted for a 4-4 campaign so far where, legitimately, we are 3 plays away from being 7-1? He has one class of recruits. If we are still doing this year 3, then yeah there is a major issue. Right now, sit back and enjoy the ride. It is going to be bumpy at times. We knew this going in.
There's a couple of GOL insurgents on the board. He's still getting a paycheck, but they probably provide updates to him at his local watering hole....with a tear in the eye and hopes he returns next year.***

Reactions: Poolside Knight
People continually say how his first year he was dealing with a dumpster fire and needed his recruits so he got a pass (from me as well) for the 0-11. Why, therefore, is Frost getting blasted for a 4-4 campaign so far where, legitimately, we are 3 plays away from being 7-1? He has one class of recruits..
And he is on pace to have the best recruiting class in the East Division for the 2nd year in a row.

Remember when all of us were making fun of Taggart while he was quietly putting together good recruiting classes over at USF? well now he has the scariest offense in the AAC & they are all Juniors or Younger. I think Frost is doing the same thing but has a better coaching staff behind him that will make UCF very dangerous in a shorter period of time.

Reactions: GILL T

He was committed to Hawaii.

[eyeroll]:rolleyes:o_O

Instant gratification fans expect a freshman with two months in a program, with no offensive line, to look like Charlie Ward. Frost and freshman Milton took a team from 0-12 to almost bowl eligible seemingly overnight and people complain. Insanity reigns here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT