ADVERTISEMENT

Monday night could be a watershed moment in UCF Sport's History!

Like Coach Abe said in the post game presser...HEY POSSIBLE TRANSFERS...See how hard UCF plays and can compete! We were just one great offensive player away from beating UCONN last night.

I enjoyed this year with Women's basketball, i watched when I could and this is the best team they ever had. Got to talk some smack with gator peeps as well. Beating UCONN was going to take a miracle and it almost happened last night. Go watch that post game presser, their coach was not happy even with a win. His quote of 'don't know how we won that game' tells it all. They are use to winning every game by 40 points and last night they got punched in the mouth.

I imagine, UCF needs to hold on to Coach Abe as she is a great coach and on an upward trajectory.

Go Knights.
That’s an exact quote?

Not exact. She did put out a call to possible transfers and said how hard the team plays but didn't say anything about any specific player/type of player they needed.

Not exact. She did put out a call to possible transfers and said how hard the team plays but didn't say anything about any specific player/type of player they needed.
I thought she said Great Offensive player. We were 1 great offensive player away from winning last night.

* must also play smothering defense

10/20 versus 18/23

So yeah hit your free throws win the game.

Look the ladies did Excellent. UCONN was 16.5 pr favorite they smoked that. A little more offense and they can consistently make noise in the tournament.

Lots of home cooking from the crowd to the refs. They turned it around in the 4th after home team was up 12 tired to make it look fair. But they really helped uconn climb back in it when they were in the drought for FGs.
I won a point spread bet on that game at +16. Easy money….but not much money.

I thought she said Great Offensive player. We were 1 great offensive player away from winning last night.

* must also play smothering defense
That’s typically the difference between a 7 and 2 seed. If we had a dominant scorer we probably don’t lose 3 games. 1 or 0 and we are a 2 seed. We get the first 2 games at home. Not sure if those type of players are looking to transfer.

Oops, the one great offensive player quote is my words. I paraphrased. Watch the post game vid for a direct quote. I watched it at 2am last night so my memory may not be exact.

Mohajir just explained in interview how he participated in making the decision years ago for top seeds to host 1st/2nd rounds in Women's tournament and why he believes its best for women's basketball.

- Cost too much to play neutral sites without financial returns
- Schools actually make money playing in current format
- Better game atmosphere since now you have packed home arenas
- Football Conferences have same format
- Rewards schools who are top performers

Said UCF just needs to build the program so that they are hosting and can reap the rewards, instead of wondering why they have to go to UConn.

Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, UCF head coach​

The Knights’ head coach played at Georgia for two seasons from 1986-88 before transferring to Iowa where she played on Big Ten Conference championship teams. Abrahamson-Henderson was hired at UCF in 2016 and has led the Knights to three-straight NCAA Tournaments after making two WNITs. This season, the Knights defeated Florida in the first round before taking UConn to the wire in the Round of 32. Prior to her time in Orlando, she was head coach at Albany, helping the Great Danes to five NCAA Tournaments, earning three America East Coach of the Year honors. She’s had stops at Indiana, Iowa State and Michigan State, so she’s been around big programs, but has never had the head coaching opportunity at one.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, UCF head coach​

The Knights’ head coach played at Georgia for two seasons from 1986-88 before transferring to Iowa where she played on Big Ten Conference championship teams. Abrahamson-Henderson was hired at UCF in 2016 and has led the Knights to three-straight NCAA Tournaments after making two WNITs. This season, the Knights defeated Florida in the first round before taking UConn to the wire in the Round of 32. Prior to her time in Orlando, she was head coach at Albany, helping the Great Danes to five NCAA Tournaments, earning three America East Coach of the Year honors. She’s had stops at Indiana, Iowa State and Michigan State, so she’s been around big programs, but has never had the head coaching opportunity at one.

Thankfully the current rumor is that Ole Miss's coach is going there. Hopefully we can keep Coach Abe though.

Look at this vid at the 35 seconds mark in slo-mo. Even with a ref video review after a very late whistle, Diamond Battles already missed the lay up on the other end, they still called this flop a foul.

Her arm was extended and she cleared the defender. Looked like a judgement call and was right no matter which way it went.

Gone, not a great message that throwing top 15 money wasn't enough to keep her.

She spent a few years in UGA, but that was it. She has more ties to Iowa.

assuming our best players will follow her and the program goes on a downward trend just in time for the Big 12 #ThisPlace

Time to rehire Lynn Bria. With UCF's resources, she could be very successful and could be hired for a song.

Interesting take by Marc Daniels:

This is the huge point. The system is flawed. It's corrupt. UCFans need to be angry with the corruption, not the coaches.

"Coach Abe felt her team was disrespected throughout the season by the voters in major polls and among those who cover the sport on a national level. UCF is 15th in NET rankings and 5th in RPI. Their strength of schedule was 29th and yet UCF could not get ranked in the national polls until late in the season. The AAC was the 6th rated league in the country and despite all those numbers UCF got a 7th seed and was sent to Storrs for a regional. Not only was UCF sent to UCONN, where Coach Abe and Geno Auriemma are not the best of friends, but her team drew Florida."

There is a massive difference getting seeded 4th (top 16 in NET) and 7th (top 28th)

#UCFacts

This is the huge point. The system is flawed. It's corrupt. UCFans need to be angry with the corruption, not the coaches.

"Coach Abe felt her team was disrespected throughout the season by the voters in major polls and among those who cover the sport on a national level. UCF is 15th in NET rankings and 5th in RPI. Their strength of schedule was 29th and yet UCF could not get ranked in the national polls until late in the season. The AAC was the 6th rated league in the country and despite all those numbers UCF got a 7th seed and was sent to Storrs for a regional. Not only was UCF sent to UCONN, where Coach Abe and Geno Auriemma are not the best of friends, but her team drew Florida."

There is a massive difference getting seeded 4th (top 16 in NET) and 7th (top 28th)

#UCFacts
We were going to be sent to a region with a team hosting no matter what. UCONN, UL, Stanford, S Carolina. Didn’t really matter. Those teams have major advantages.

We were going to be sent to a region with a team hosting no matter what. UCONN, UL, Stanford, S Carolina. Didn’t really matter. Those teams have major advantages.

Literally, I have no idea what that has to do with my post or what Marc Daniels is article said.

#UCFacts

Literally, I have no idea what that has to do with my post or what Marc Daniels is article said.

#UCFacts
UCF got a 7th seed and was sent to Storrs for a regional. Not only was UCF sent to UCONN, where Coach Abe and Geno Auriemma are not the best of friends, but her team drew Florida."

Thats your reply. We weren’t a 4 seed no matter how you spin it. If we were sent to Louisville we would have lost to them in Louisville. Good season. Time to move on.

How do you move on after a "watershed moment" ?

A watershed moment is a turning point, the exact moment that changes the direction of an activity or situation. A watershed moment is a dividing point, from which things will never be the same. It is considered momentous, though a watershed moment is often recognized in hindsight.

Reactions: UCFhonors
UCF got a 7th seed and was sent to Storrs for a regional. Not only was UCF sent to UCONN, where Coach Abe and Geno Auriemma are not the best of friends, but her team drew Florida."

Thats your reply. We weren’t a 4 seed no matter how you spin it. If we were sent to Louisville we would have lost to them in Louisville. Good season. Time to move on.

What are you talking about? These posts don't connect nor connect to my post.

Our NET rankings was good enough for a 4th seed. Is that what you're vaguely and tangentially referring to??

I'm saying the system is corrupt. Are you saying it is not?

As 2018 Poster of the Year, pro tip: be specific of your point. Vagueness never benefits you on a forum. Vagueness will be misinterpreted.

#UCFacts

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
What are you talking about? These posts don't connect nor connect to my post.

Our NET rankings was good enough for a 4th seed. Is that what you're vaguely and tangentially referring to??

I'm saying the system is corrupt. Are you saying it is not?

As 2018 Poster of the Year, pro tip: be specific of your point. Vagueness never benefits you on a forum. Vagueness will be misinterpreted.

#UCFacts
AAC is a terrible conference. USF is only team with a pulse and they got whooped. We lost 3 games. 2 of those were to the best teams we had on schedule. You can’t lose to top 4 seeds and demand to be a top 4 seed. If we win those you’d have a point.

Every year there is teams snubbed and miss-seeded in both men's and women's. The truth is they have to pick a moving target of at-large vs. auto qualifiers each year, factor in not having conference teams play each other early on, and avoid teams travelling long distance to cut down costs. In the end every team has an opportunity to win and advance. Which is the whole complaint about Football.

Complaining about Football postseason is warranted, complaining about basketball postseason means that the only solution is to drop teams to 30 like a professional league.

Reactions: UCFhonors
AAC is a terrible conference. USF is only team with a pulse and they got whooped. We lost 3 games. 2 of those were to the best teams we had on schedule. You can’t lose to top 4 seeds and demand to be a top 4 seed. If we win those you’d have a point.

So losing to UConn at UConn invalidates our NET Rankings and the logic that a Top 16 team should be seeded in the Top 16 teams? Or is this 2017 FBS logic of your individual team's performance that doesn't matter but what your conference mates do that determines your success, that you're trying to promote?

I don't know you've become unhinged or if you started hating UCF. Opponents are less negative about UCF than you have been in 2022

How about you elaborate why the 4 losses are so bad? Losing to #15, Elite 8, four seed Tenn or #14, 2 seed, Iowa is that bad in my book. A single loss at Cincy isn't a season killer.

UCFrankly, I don't judge teams by what their conference mates do. I judge individual teams by what the team accomplishes. This is sports 101 that I'm trying to type real slow.

#UCFacts

Every year there is teams snubbed and miss-seeded in both men's and women's. The truth is they have to pick a moving target of at-large vs. auto qualifiers each year, factor in not having conference teams play each other early on, and avoid teams travelling long distance to cut down costs. In the end every team has an opportunity to win and advance. Which is the whole complaint about Football.

Complaining about Football postseason is warranted, complaining about basketball postseason means that the only solution is to drop teams to 30 like a professional league.

I disagree with the blatant bias in auto-bids and seeding in basketball. No below-average team should ever get invited when there are dozens of teams with super high winning %.

#UCFacts

I watched the UCONN vs Stanford game last night. Stanford was really good, but UCONN just a tad better. UCONN coach mentioned again how tough UCF was in post game interview. UCONN in the National Championship game against South Carolina, Sunday night. 8pm espn.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Something to watch Sunday night. Mens championship game Monday night. 8pm. I'm kind of pulling for south carolina though, but I don't know why. Hope its a good game nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT