ADVERTISEMENT

More help on the d-line

Coming back from an ACL injury is far different than coming back from multiple concussion issues. Maybe he just lost the love for the game. Also, there is so much stacked talent at OSU maybe he felt he could no longer vie for a starting role there. Maybe the change of scenery and culture will get him back to love the game he plays. Can only help with depth at a minimum.

Coming back from an ACL injury is far different than coming back from multiple concussion issues. Maybe he just lost the love for the game. Also, there is so much stacked talent at OSU maybe he felt he could no longer vie for a starting role there. Maybe the change of scenery and culture will get him back to love the game he plays. Can only help with depth at a minimum.
tOSU kept rolling in 4-5 stars while Barrow missed practice after practice rehabbing. Urbans staff wouldn't have shown patience with him and probably "encouraged" him into a medical retirement to free up a scholarship.

Tore an ACL in Sept and then retore it in spring. That’s 6 months. Are guys usually back at practice 6 months after an ACL year? Seems reckless to let him back out there that quick

Tore an ACL in Sept and then retore it in spring. That’s 6 months. Are guys usually back at practice 6 months after an ACL year? Seems reckless to let him back out there that quick
If I remember correctly, 6 months is about the earliest an athlete can expect to be back to 100%. General population can be 100% sooner but of course we participate in less intense activities. Also, I've seen ACL recovery take 2+ years. Surgeons love doing ACL repairs because there's such a high success rate it makes them look good...but sometimes things just don't happen the way we would hope. It's all a bit of an art and sometimes things go wrong. #prayersforkz

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
just thinking out loud, that since he just joined, he probably won't see the playing field until later on in the season. Thus, time to learn play book AND heal some more. I like this transfer. We need depth. Especially later in the season.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
just thinking out loud, that since he just joined, he probably won't see the playing field until later on in the season. Thus, time to learn play book AND heal some more. I like this transfer. We need depth. Especially later in the season.
yeah with his injury history they shouldn't even play him the first 6-7 games, see what he can give down the home stretch

Reactions: Yaes
Just me, or should we all be feeling better about the D Line compared to where we were in January? Seems like we lined up a lot of immediate rotation help

Reactions: Knight Strength
Just me, or should we all be feeling better about the D Line compared to where we were in January? Seems like we lined up a lot of immediate rotation help
Yea we bring back Hayes, Turnier, Charlton, Kalia, Montalvo, Cholewa and more who've had PT here. We added Hancock, Wilson, Barrow and Pinkney who've had PT elsewhere. Goode was highly rated and is a little older. The top of our 2019 recruiting class was all highly rated Dlinemen. Add to this our LBs Gilyard, Mitchell, SBB, Evans, (and others) are promising with at least a year of experience (3/4 are JRs and SRs). And the secondary will be able to handle itself no doubt. We have the numbers and we've brought in every bit of talent we can. I think it's fair to expect us not to fall off from last year. Of course we all know we lost so much rom last year that it's hard to get expectations up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT