ADVERTISEMENT

MOSI is closing, the chickeepoos are getting a stadium

Dmarino110

Diamond Knight
Oct 9, 2001
Even though they never wanted one like ours because they get to play in an awesome NFL stadium, it looks like it is finally happening.

Oh well...

FYI this is tijuana flats tier info so save this thread for the eventual apology the doubters will have to issue :)

MOSI is closing on Fowler St. temporarily and then will reopen as a smaller space in the same location in November. They will then move to downtown Tampa in 2022.

You were around for the the Tijana Flats announcement right? If you weren't I will let your lack of knowledge go...

Nobody is buying it for them. The County owns the land and from what I understand, they want to develop it as an office complex so it can enhance the property tax rolls. Giving it away doesn't accomplish that.
No one said the county was giving it away, and it does sound like it is going to be purchased for them. it sounds like the ideas of keeping mosi open for the 6 years are scrapped. People involved in BARF also seem to think they need to find a new place to have their fair after the coming year.

give it a few months and then i will accept apologies just like last time :)

No one said the county was giving it away, and it does sound like it is going to be purchased for them. it sounds like the ideas of keeping mosi open for the 6 years are scrapped. People involved in BARF also seem to think they need to find a new place to have their fair after the coming year.

give it a few months and then i will accept apologies just like last time :)

Who's going to buy it?

I just can't see someone laying down that kind of money for usf out of no where. They have pretty bad support for athletics. It looks like 60-70 acres over there, that would easily be $10-20M just for the land.

Well, let's think about this...Dmarino with the scoop that no one else has. I'm going to bet it's either Reel Big Fish or Less Than Jake that's buying the land and, much to Dmarino's excitement, no alcohol will be served at the bool's new stadium. Seems plausible.

Reactions: btbones
Well, let's think about this...Dmarino with the scoop that no one else has. I'm going to bet it's either Reel Big Fish or Less Than Jake that's buying the land and, much to Dmarino's excitement, no alcohol will be served at the bool's new stadium. Seems plausible.
Should drop the news in their site and see what happens. The new soccer team in Tampa may be buying the land for their stadium and the bools will be allowed to use (20,000 seats is about right for their fans)

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...ll-stadium-feasibility-study-press-conference

the bools are holding a presser this morning to announce the results of their stadium feasibility study.

lol

My neighbor, a rare great guy and USF alum, is also a relatively big booster there. He's roughly 60 years old and gives big to their athletics department. He has had dinners with The Judy at her own personal lair (er, house).

He told me in no uncertain terms that USF won't get a stadium for 2 reasons: 1.) The Judy is an egotistical maniac who has sworn to never build an affordable stadium like BHNS since she is already on record having made digs at the basic design and 2.) USF can never afford the type of stadium that The Judy would want to one-up UCF.

Oh and they have no land.

USF knows this since they've been going around to brag to fans about how awesome the RJS upgrades will be for USF too!

lol

My neighbor, a rare great guy and USF alum, is also a relatively big booster there. He's roughly 60 years old and gives big to their athletics department. He has had dinners with The Judy at her own personal lair (er, house).

He told me in no uncertain terms that USF won't get a stadium for 2 reasons: 1.) The Judy is an egotistical maniac who has sworn to never build an affordable stadium like BHNS since she is already on record having made digs at the basic design and 2.) USF can never afford the type of stadium that The Judy would want to one-up UCF.

Oh and they have no land.

USF knows this since they've been going around to brag to fans about how awesome the RJS upgrades will be for USF too!
I hope your friend is right.

I hope your friend is right.

I was told that The Judy actually referenced Minnesota's new stadium as a "framework" for what USF would want. Which is hilarious, given that it cost $300M back in 2009. BHNS cost us $65M in 2007.

Looks like MOSI site isn't even the preferred location

Not to mention they don't have the $240M+ to fund it. And even if they did, it would be 5-7 years away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT