ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Rushmore of UCF QBs

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
For me, and I've always said this the past couple years, it depends how one defines the ranking. If we're going to by "Greatest," which encompasses the entire package, winning games, etc., KZ is 100% at the top for me. If it's based on QB acumen, physical traits, tools, etc., Daunte is clearly No. 1.

For me, the knock on Daunte was his failure to win big games... I know there are built-in excuses for some games, and it's not fair to hold a I-A transitionary team to such a high standard. But... The 1998 Auburn game was served on a silver platter with a fantastic performance by the defense. All Daunte needed was an average game, UCF gets that first "big win" and receives their first bowl bid. It seems harsh to say, but looking at what KZ did - and I know he had a fantastic surrounding cast - but KZ helped elevate UCF to heights nobody thought possible.

That said, Daunte coming to UCF was absolutely huge. He really did put UCF on the map.

1. McKenzie Milton
2. Daunte Culpepper
3. Blake Borltes
4. Ryan Schneider

(There are only four heads on Mount Rushmore, and I never saw Hinshaw/Slack play, who probably would warrant the No. 5 spot).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News