ADVERTISEMENT

Music streaming services; do you subcribe?

How many music streaming services are you a subscriber of?

• Total voters

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
Four months ago, I was a member of none. But on my last business trip, I joined Apple Music and Tidal, and I'm still a member of both, mainly due to having two Sonos wifi speakers that I can stream music to. I also did Amazon Unlimited a for a month, only to try the feature of asking my Echo to play specific songs ( a really cool feature tho ), but I dropped that a few weeks later.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/25/15420402/amazon-music-unlimited-echo-streaming-pandora

While the incumbent streaming services have captured early adopters with powerful discovery algorithms, personally curated playlists, and big-name exclusives, the latest wave of streaming services like Amazon Music Unlimited and Pandora Premium are using simplicity to target music fans who may not have gotten on board with streaming yet. For Pandora Premium, that means creating the most intuitive streaming app to date; for Amazon Music Unlimited, that means tackling what many in the music industry see as the next major space for streaming to take off — the home.

“Making it simple, whether it’s from the subscription process... or ways that you can ask for music and get to music quickly, it’s game-changing,” Boom said. “It’s opened up premium streaming to new categories of customers that aren’t ready to deal with some of the complexities of downloading apps or using their web browsers.” While streaming has been dominated by smartphones for years, the music industry is looking to the home, and subsequently the car, as the next two areas for major growth. According to The Information, Amazon expects to sell as many as 10 million Echos in 2017, and projections from the investment firm Mizuho have Amazon moving over 40 million Echos in 2020 alone, creating an enormous market of potential users.

I used Pandora a long time ago, but my company put in a proxy to filter out all social media and streaming services. I guess I technically have amazon, but I never use it.

I used Pandora a long time ago, but my company put in a proxy to filter out all social media and streaming services. I guess I technically have amazon, but I never use it.

I forgot about Pandora. But I don't use the premium service, so I wouldn't count them for this thread. I only use them for jazz music.

Still on my 30 day for Amazon music. I like to pick what I want song I want to hear and create my own playlist.

Also, how do you like your Sonos? I just inherited a system and have yet to put it in.

F*ck no.

And f*ck spotify too, we're on it due to our distro...music streaming is the reason why the music industry went to shit...enables pirating if at 192kbps or higher.

We released our album and within 16 hours it was on a Russian pirate site, why? STREAMING.

Mo##^$Fu!#$ers.

I don't know a single person that pirates music today. At $10/month ($120/year) it's simply not worth the time

Reactions: UCFhonors
Also, how do you like your Sonos? I just inherited a system and have yet to put it in.

I love it.

I have two Play:1's, the cheapest speakers. Not having to deal with wires or the bluetooth signal dropping out is great. And I connect it to the Samsung Smart Things Hub to do some limited automation with them ( like having the speakers start playing when I get within 100 feet of the apartment ). It's easily the best $200 I've ever spent on a product.

I was getting sick of the free Pandora so I upgraded my SiriusXM account a couple weeks ago to get their streaming. I like it so far. You can listen to the actual stations, skip back and forth on them and create your own custom stations. I've never put that much time into music and just listen to what's on so the SiriusXM streaming is the best for me so far.

I love it.

I have two Play:1's, the cheapest speakers. Not having to deal with wires or the bluetooth signal dropping out is great. And I connect it to the Samsung Smart Things Hub to do some limited automation with them ( like having the speakers start playing when I get within 100 feet of the apartment ). It's easily the best $200 I've ever spent on a product.

I have 2 Play 1's, Soundbar and a Connect. Guess I'll have to figure out how to set it up. I already have an Infinity surround system so I'm not sure if I have room for it.

I have 2 Play 1's, Soundbar and a Connect. Guess I'll have to figure out how to set it up. I already have an Infinity surround system so I'm not sure if I have room for it.

Surround sound doesn't do it for me anymore, but if you have that installed already, I wouldn't change.

I use mine for music and podcasts exclusively.

I was getting sick of the free Pandora so I upgraded my SiriusXM account a couple weeks ago to get their streaming. I like it so far. You can listen to the actual stations, skip back and forth on them and create your own custom stations. I've never put that much time into music and just listen to what's on so the SiriusXM streaming is the best for me so far.

It seems to me that streaming is better for most people. I still buy songs and albums I like ( which is stupid since I can listen to it streamed cheaper, I'm just a fan of the ownership model ). The playlists are a great feature for me, and sometimes album exclusives, like Frank Ocean on Apple or Beyonce on Tidal.

For now I just occasionally buy songs on Itunes to add to my gym playlists then listen to free Pandora or Google music whenever I feel like listening to whatever genre. If I start paying for a subscription I'll probably go with Apple Music or Pandora Premium.

I've got SiriusXM and Spotify. Love them and have no compelling reason to try anything else

I do Apple Music, which I like a lot. The initial iTunes interface for it was meh, but they've tweaked it and I like it a lot right now.

I have an Amazon Music account because of my Prime membership but I have never used it. I assume I would if I had an Alexa.

I have Pandora, Spotify, and IHeart Radio, but I only have the free versions of them. Ads don't bother me, yet. At some point they might, but for now, it's not too pervasive, at least nowhere near as bad as terrestrial radio.

I also have XM for my wife's car, but dropped it in mine. I found myself flipping the radio in XM just as much as I do for OTA.

I pay monthly for Spotify. I recently bought a new Beemer and it came with a 1 year subscription to Sirius that I can also use on my phone. I also listen to free IHeart.

Reactions: UCFhonors
F*ck no.

And f*ck spotify too, we're on it due to our distro...music streaming is the reason why the music industry went to shit...enables pirating if at 192kbps or higher.

We released our album and within 16 hours it was on a Russian pirate site, why? STREAMING.

Mo##^$Fu!#$ers.

Before streaming people said the same thing about Napster
Before Napster people said the same thing about CDs
Before CDs people said the same thing about Cassettes
Before cassettes peopld said the same thing about radio
Before radio people said the same thing about records
Before records people said the same thing about people imitating them after they sang around the campfires while eating mastadons.

Technology evolves. Deal with it.

Reactions: USFSucks
I just subscribed to Apple Music a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. I don't know how I survived without it. It's so robust, yet quite simple (very anti-Apple IYAM).

I'm getting ready to close on a new house and want to get a wireless speaker arrangement set up for my back porch (I have a wired setup in my current house). Do you guys have any recommendations for where to turn to do research on how to accomplish this? It sounds like Sonos may be the way to go?

I just subscribed to Apple Music a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. I don't know how I survived without it. It's so robust, yet quite simple (very anti-Apple IYAM).

I'm getting ready to close on a new house and want to get a wireless speaker arrangement set up for my back porch (I have a wired setup in my current house). Do you guys have any recommendations for where to turn to do research on how to accomplish this? It sounds like Sonos may be the way to go?

Sonos can deal with high humidity, but it isn't waterproof. If you put them in place on your porch, that location can't have any rain hit it.

I only listen to sports radio when I'm in my car. When I'm riding the bus or the train to work, I just listen to the music on my phone already.

I don't do streaming services, unless you count YouTube. I get all my new music from Youtube suggestions. If I like it, I buy the CD. Hate buying single tracks. You can't be good enough for just 3 minutes if you're a musician. You're either good enough for a whole album or not good at all.

I usually just listen to Podcasts, but if not I'm in my car listening to Sirius and if a new song comes on that I like I'll just buy it from iTunes and load it up on the phone. When I was traveling all of the time I really hated the idea of streaming my music because it wasn't available a lot of the time I was using it, so I ended up building a pretty large library, which is my preference.

Reactions: jetsaholic
Spotify premium is awesome. Just love being able to download songs and play them whenever I want without using data.

I like Amazon Music because you can pick an entire album and listen start to finish. I know you can't do that with Pandora.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT