ADVERTISEMENT

Musings From The Stadium

goodKNIGHTnurse

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
Some things that were evident in the stadium today:

- We need more dudes: Lee Hunter is the only guy that looked physically big enough against their O Line
- Saw no defensive leadership. I had close up view of defensive huddle on sideline, no one barking encouragement,
getting in peoples faces to fire them up. Just a bunch of guys sitting with their heads down.
- We do not have a linebacker on our roster that would start for another Big XII team
- Would like to see Gus show more emotion and get involved in BOTH the offensive and defensive huddles on the sideline, he
always just lets assistants handle. I miss O ‘Leary walking into a sideline huddle and reading the riot act when needed.
- After being at the Oklahoma game, our GAMEDAY experience is very G5, and it has nothing to do with money.
- Don’t think I have ever seen a Malzahn team throw the ball on consecutive first downs.
- Would have thought we had the coaching advantage today given Gus’ SEC experience, but he was clearly out coached today
by Neal Brown. WV used clever, timely play calling to take advantage of our defensive deficiencies
- We had a seldom used wide reciever fielding punts today in Townsend‘s absence. Given his speed, is Demarcus Bowman not an
option to consider on kickoff/punt returns?
- JRP was outplayed by WV’s QB
- UCF appears to be a mentally weak team. They do not respond well when adversity strikes. Contrast that with the heart/grit
that Kansas showed in battling back and beating OU today
- We were a 6 point favorite today and wet the bed at HOME during homecoming
- Only good thing about being a USF fan is at least you can use your phone inside the stadium.
- Is there some prohibition against regularly updating scores of other games on the video board?
- There are so many PSA’s during timeouts that the Marching Knights have become an afterthought

Lastly: I fear that the losses and apparent lack of heart shown by this team are going to lead to fan apathy the rest of the
season. And it’s not like we have a great basketball season to look forward to

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News