ADVERTISEMENT

My Captain Obvious Key to Finish this Season Undefeated

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
is for the Defense to put together the intensity and effort that we saw during the Memphis game. They were constantly in the backfield disrupting Ferguson's timing that had a trickle down effect to their WRs & entire offense. While the Defense did enough vs SMU & UConn they haven't quite played at that level. The offense will do their thing, just have to avoid the really bad turnover(like the SMU pick 6) early in games.

Reactions: Miltonian
also specifically with the USF game I would start off going run heavy on offense to settle in, they have some speed in the secondary & I have a feeling they are going to jump routes early to try to have a big momentum swinging turnover

Reactions: Miltonian
Begins and ends with Milton. My biggest beef with the offense is not giving Vedral almost any time running the regular offense....missed an opportunity with Austin Peay on that.

My concern on defense is poor downfield tackling once a player gets past the linebackers (about 7 yards downfield). I don't think we can do anything about our lack of pass rush at this point.

62c72ec0994c63d6d6a7cf73d3c5acf333bea987a422b4b0b5cd19738b5edd10.jpg

Against the pass especially. Clarke, Gibson and Hughes are all ball hawks
Griffin acted like a DB today. However USF is all about the run. We have to tackle. Their offensive line is very respectable

Trying to remember a War on I-4 when we controlled the trenches and coming up blank. 2014 on defense only probably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT