ADVERTISEMENT

My son did not

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
Get accepted to UCF. At first we were all bummed. However, he will be there shortly. Cole will be joining the Marching Knights this summer. He will be going to Seminole State in Oviedo. We are getting connected to the marching Knight's and looking for roommates.

Cole does not drive due to his epilepsy which by the way is the driving reason, that and when he was on depikote, for his lack luster SAT scores. He will graduate from Smoky Mountain High with a 3.6 and have 11 credit hours of college courses he took at the community college from classes he was dual enrolled in this year. He made all A's in his college classes which were two English classes and music appreciation. This means if Cole takes a summer class or two he will direct connect to UCF in spring of 2021!

I think UCF missed on my son solely because of his test scores and really did not factor his multiple letters of recommendation, his medical condition or his extracurricular stuff like FRC robotics, marching band and Scouts. Hey, that's me and my bias ,but none the less Cole is going to be a Knight in the end. He will join marching band now! We are excited for his future and I am proud of my kid and all he has endured and overcome in his life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.