ADVERTISEMENT

Mystery on the Turnpike

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic
Yesterday afternoon, FL State Troopers saw a Porsche SUV pulled over after what appeared to be a minor fender bender against the median guardrail. The troopers discovered the car had two dead bodies in the car and then felt 'overcome' by a substance (still unidentified). The fender bender did not kill the car's occupants and the hazmat team had to come out and scrub down the troopers. The turnpike was shut down for 4 hours for all this cleanup.

Any thoughts? Troopers do not believe it was drugs.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nt-hazmat-turnpike-closed-20160602-story.html

Harris said authorities went inside the vehicle, trying to help the two people inside.

"One officer came out of the car with a bunch of stuff all over him," Harris said.

About 15 police vehicles, five highway patrol vehicles and several fire trucks responded to the incident, he said.

"It looks like a pretty minor accident," he said. "The vehicle is barely touching the rail. I don't know what happened to cause two people to die, but it definitely wasn't the crash."

This is like something straight out of the X-Files.

The only thing I can think of is if somehow a hose busted in the engine and a chemical started dispersing into the car via the air conditioning. But even then, I don't know of any chemical in a car that could kill people that quickly.

I'm still not sure they didn't take some extremely dangerous, laced drugs.

Update: they identified the bodies found in the SUV, but still no cause of death.

http://www.aroundosceola.com/sherif...aths-in-hazmat-incident-on-floridas-turnpike/

"Sheriff’s deputies have identified the victims in the incident as Latifa Lincoln, 46, and Maksmilla Lincoln, 3. They were found June 2 around 3:15 p.m. in a Porsche SUV by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper near mile marker 224, just south of the Canoe Creek Service Plaza"

Damn. A toddler.

Update: they identified the bodies found in the SUV, but still no cause of death.

http://www.aroundosceola.com/sherif...aths-in-hazmat-incident-on-floridas-turnpike/

"Sheriff’s deputies have identified the victims in the incident as Latifa Lincoln, 46, and Maksmilla Lincoln, 3. They were found June 2 around 3:15 p.m. in a Porsche SUV by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper near mile marker 224, just south of the Canoe Creek Service Plaza"

Damn. A toddler.
Supposedly carbon monoxide poisoning from recent car repair.
Very sad.

Two months later and still no cause of death.

http://www.wftv.com/web/wftv/news/l...olving-mother-child-still-a-mystery/417243909

Reports show that the three law enforcement officers said they were exposed to a smell of ammonia and formaldehyde.

Fire department sources told Butler that Lincoln and her daughter had signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, but preliminary tests didn't find the gas inside or, frankly, anything else.

The medical examiner has not released the cause of death for the victims.

Maybe the baby was crying and Trump had them killed. That dude does NOT like crying babies.

I'm hearing it was caused by the car's battery which either emitted noxious fumes into the car's interior or exploded.

Some models of the Porsche SUVs had the battery located under the rear passenger seat/bench and some newer models have it under the driver's seat.
If the battery exploded, there would be sulfuric acid everywhere. The lab picked up nothing, according to the WFTV report.

If the battery exploded, there would be sulfuric acid everywhere. The lab picked up nothing, according to the WFTV report.
Lead acid batteries don't need to explode to start spewing toxic gases. It shocks me that any manufacturer would mount one inside a car, even a sealed gel one.

ME says he believes it was from a faulty battery. Hydrogen sulfide intoxication. Apparently it can kill you pretty quick.

http://wfla.com/2016/10/04/mystery-...-3-found-dead-in-porsche-on-florida-turnpike/
I still can't believe a car manufacturer would mount a lead acid battery in the cabin of a car. There is not a more dangerous / toxic chemical in a car than a lead acid battery. On top of that lithium iron phosphate battery tech has been around for decades now. Its lighter, more reliable, better for the environment, and like a million times less dangerous than a lead acid battery.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
I still can't believe a car manufacturer would mount a lead acid battery in the cabin of a car. There is not a more dangerous / toxic chemical in a car than a lead acid battery. On top of that lithium iron phosphate battery tech has been around for decades now. Its lighter, more reliable, better for the environment, and like a million times less dangerous than a lead acid battery.

+1 agree. I found my wife's lead acid car battery emitting noxious gasses which I found out afterwards is quite common when the batteries go bad to vent the sulfide gas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT