ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP leader is white, faked being black

Screen-Shot-2015-06-17-at-8.41.38-AM.png

You really arent stating your case well. Rachel was transitioning as well, you just refuse to accept it. You just dont like her because she lied to get a job. But your cool with Bruce who is lying to get a TV show. Rachel was trying to help a cause, while Bruce is trying to make a profit and stay relevant in pop culture.
You don't know that for sure. Was she trying to help a cause or be part of it because of other personal issues?

Holy crap. LMK channeling her inner @UCFBS. Way to go all asperger.

Way to sound like an ass. I know I've made good points and you can check out the hundreds of articles about the difference between racial identity and gender identity, because I'm not going to waste my time trying to have a logical debate when no one seems to be even attempting to understand the points I'm trying to make. And good job on not contributing anything but a random insult.

It actually is really disheartening how much willful ignorance there is on this board about the trans population and what it means to be trans and the complete lack of desire to show even a basic empathy. Definitely not everyone, but some of you are actually pretty disgusting. Oh well. It shouldn't surprise me anymore.

Way to sound like an ass. I know I've made good points and you can check out the hundreds of articles about the difference between racial identity and gender identity, because I'm not going to waste my time trying to have a logical debate when no one seems to be even attempting to understand the points I'm trying to make. And good job on not contributing anything but a random insult.

It actually is really disheartening how much willful ignorance there is on this board about the trans population and what it means to be trans and the complete lack of desire to show even a basic empathy. Definitely not everyone, but some of you are actually pretty disgusting. Oh well. It shouldn't surprise me anymore.
Oh, you misunderstood me. I didn't read any of that shit. We can chalk up this outburst to pregnancy though, so, you're good.

Reactions: jetsaholic

Oh, you misunderstood me. I didn't read any of that shit. We can chalk up this outburst to pregnancy though, so, you're good.
Yeah, that baby needs to pop out quick so you can be funny again. Besides, we need to find an island to put him/her in. You know, away from society and sex.

I can't speak for Rogerz, but I think he was just pulling your leg a bit.

I've just browsed this thread and have no intention of wasting my time or energy on what everyone has to say. I do feel compelled to respond to this particular line, however:

It seems very easy to write off the one woman who went back and forth on being white/black a few times, but its totally cool for a 65+ year old guy to have lived his whole life as a male and only recently decided to identify as a woman.

If you watched Jenner's interview, you'd have learned that while he has lived his entire life as a male, he has identified as a woman for a very long time. He has been taking medications and seeking counseling for this since the early 1980s. This isn't some whim of a teenager: it is something he has dealt with and continues to deal with. You can interpret this as you like but you might want to watch his interview. I can guarantee you would learn a few things. I know I did and I have a bit of experience with colleagues, students, and friends who have suffered in similar ways.

If you watched Jenner's interview, you'd have learned that while he has lived his entire life as a male, he has identified as a woman for a very long time. He has been taking medications and seeking counseling for this since the early 1980s. This isn't some whim of a teenager: it is something he has dealt with and continues to deal with. You can interpret this as you like but you might want to watch his interview. I can guarantee you would learn a few things. I know I did and I have a bit of experience with colleagues, students, and friends who have suffered in similar ways.
You're so crass.

If black people can fake being white without having Eddie Murphy's makeup artists get involved then i'll believe her transracial claims are relevant.

If I only knew that I could choose to be a minority race or different gender when filling out all those scholarship forms, I wouldn't have so much student loan debt!
I created a fake account to apply for scholarships. Same grades but identified as black. I only qualified for a handful of scholarships. Black Wayne qualified for almost 50.

Reactions: jetsaholic
I think the problem is the right doesn't understand the meaning of the word.
Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
Intolerant: not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.
Tolerant: showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

According to definitions, the left are as much bigots as the right.

I have long learned to not try to analyze others here, and avoid calling names. The only time I say something is when people start questioning me to a level that they would never want anyone else to do to them. And when they do, I leave it to a dedicated thread where we go round'n round, and avoid responding in those threads (so it doesn't turn into "yet another UCFBS is a horrible person" tangent).

That all said ...

Time magazine quoting Kareem Abdul-Jabbar really laid it out. In his humor, I think we are really reaching a "watershed" moment. Because in working for a company for most of the past decade, where most of our sales are International, and many of my good colleagues are in many nations (e.g., South Africa, Czech Republic, etc...), I've seen how similar realities are in their spheres and societies. So I penned this recently to a colleague of mine regarding Kareem's comments.

'It's kinda funny ... but maybe this is the watershed moment? Maybe it will be 20 years from now, but we'll say, "Hey, this is when we all stopped being shallow, and really looked at people as individuals, and how they define themselves."

Furthermore, maybe we'll start focusing on demographics and helping individuals based on their history, rather than blanket, shallow associations based on the groups we want to put them in. That we reach out to African-Americans who had ancestors who were slaves or have proof that their ancestors were denied access to college, and focus on them.

I've long argued we've made the term "minority' into a joke (e.g., "Asian"), instead of focusing on the minorities who really need assistance. So maybe these are the cases that get the ball rolling, to start looking at the individual, and their history, their reasons, their whys. And help the individual be who they want.

South Africa itself is really dealing with this, because with a much larger black population (quite unlike the US), they are even critical how their programs are not only helping the already affluent black, but the affluent, black establishment has no interest in helping those who really need it. Another, smaller side-effect is that they are experiencing a white brain drain too (again, whites are the minority). The double-whammy of not helping the blacks who do need assistance (not even covering their education), and losing the minority that is some of their brightest too.

In any case, Kareem's comments were very funny, but with a lot of truth to them.'

But, alas, TL;DR, etc...

This gets better. She has now changed her name from Rachel Dolezal to Nkechi Diallo.

"To further authenticate her identity as African, Dolezal's new name is a mashup of two different countries in Africa. "Nkechi" originates from the Igbo tribe in Nigeria, and it means, "gift of god." "Diallo" is Fulani and can be traced back to Guinea and Senegal. It means "bold."

http://the-daily.buzz/a/formerly-ac...2&tse_id=INF_2e5eb200ff6011e6a22fa5876bd4fd44

And the WTF pic of the day goes to hers from this article:

rachel-dolezal-modeling-2012_f4f4f91a3277cb0b5a2a7e93d0fa6e3d.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT