ADVERTISEMENT

Narcos

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Just finished it today. Another solid Netflix show.

I've never watched any of the Netflix shows but planning on watching this. I've always been fascinated by organized crime, particularly the cartels. The corruption that pervades latin America is so crazy and frankly foreign to us. I visited a prison in Bolivia by having someone that was with us call one of the prisoners on his cell phone. We paid them and some of the money went to paying off the guards. They also made their own cocaine in the prison. Probably the most surreal experience I've ever had. The prisoners that we went with or whatnot were mostly South African and had been busted for trying to smuggle cocaine out of the country.

Gonna check this out after I finish Dexter. I only have 1 season of that left.

House of Cards is an amazing show so I am sure that Narcos follows in the same fashion.

If the show is close to what kind of corruption Columbia had at the time, it's mind boggling.

silver or lead tells you everything you need to know. Hard to send the silver back when you know the lead is really coming (or TNT). The f****er blew up a 110-person plane to kill 1 guy.

If the show is close to what kind of corruption Columbia had at the time, it's mind boggling.

I've been to Bogota. It's better but by no means is it now "clean"- my hotel clearly told me which areas I must avoid and I was picked up every day by an armed driver. The "cartels" are much diminished since the government wisely waged war on them starting years ago but there's still plenty of drug activity; it now simply flows to the east in the FARC areas. (Who are, by the way, heavily supported by Venezuela)

But yea, back in "those days", the cartels WERE the government. They owned the country and Colombia was one giant murder scene.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT