ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Doubles Down on Frost

Recruiting is down.

Frost’s offense hasn’t been proven to be successful in Big-10 play. Especially, if you can’t get the Athletes from the warm weather states. Chinander is not a good defensive coach

Now, they have Minnesota to deal with and a few other improved teams. Doubt that their ceiling is much more than a rare division title

They should beat a Terrible Maryland team next week and have to upset Iowa to be bowl eligible

They've shown improvement. You can't expect a team to do what UCF did while he was here. Most teams take 4-5 years to turn around. FSU was dumb to think a coach could fix the mess there in two years. Frost is going to have to break with his DC, but they'll be back.
Very true, I wish we were showing that improvement. Like frost or not he took over a dumpster fire.

Recruiting is down.

Frost’s offense hasn’t been proven to be successful in Big-10 play. Especially, if you can’t get the Athletes from the warm weather states. Chinander is not a good defensive coach

Now, they have Minnesota to deal with and a few other improved teams. Doubt that their ceiling is much more than a rare division title

They should beat a Terrible Maryland team next week and have to upset Iowa to be bowl eligible
What was done in the past can take years to correct, especially for a team like Nebraska. Frost is showing he can get them better, how long? Ehhh, even great coaches take time to correct years of mismanagement. This is why I'm worried about having heup at the helm.

Recruiting is down.

I'll take exception to the idea that his offense hasn't proven effective in the Big10. OSU runs a similar offense and nebraska just put up 500 yards against a top 5 defense. Nebraska left 24 points on the field today due to mistakes and frosts ago.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
I'll take exception to the idea that his offense hasn't proven effective in the Big10. OSU runs a similar offense and nebraska just put up 500 yards against a top 5 defense. Nebraska left 24 points on the field today due to mistakes and frosts ago.
Frost will thaw, Heupel freezes!

Good. Some of them are subpar baggage.
Other than Chinander, who? DeWitt is the only one I look at and see major deficiencies in. Too early to tell with Austin. Fischer and held look like they are the real deal. Walters has nothing to work with but seems to be a good coach.

Other than Chinander, who? DeWitt is the only one I look at and see major deficiencies in. Too early to tell with Austin. Fischer and held look like they are the real deal. Walters has nothing to work with but seems to be a good coach.
Austin did a lot of good work with what was the worst performing OL in FBS when he got here. If CSF cuts him loose would love to see him replace Elarbee.

This week he kicked a senior off the team who had 3 games left in his career. Sounds a little bit cold but kind of demonstrates that he's tired of the BS.
To say he's pissed at Carlos as well would be an understatement. Unless you play for the Jets or the Colts, what football player tells the coaches they're not healthy enough to play after practicing the whole week?

To say he's pissed at Carlos as well would be an understatement. Unless you play for the Jets or the Colts, what football player tells the coaches they're not healthy enough to play after practicing the whole week?

You could tell he wasn't thrilled with his in the postgame conference.

Last edited:
What was done in the past can take years to correct, especially for a team like Nebraska. Frost is showing he can get them better, how long? Ehhh, even great coaches take time to correct years of mismanagement. This is why I'm worried
about having heup at the helm.

Normally a new coach is expected to see improvement by his third year. 2020 will be interesting.:sunglasses:

either way it will be interesting to follow how Nebraska's Program turns out in the next few seasons. You got guys like Herbstreit who lust for Tradition and think that alone should give them the right to be good again but then you have most others that say it's a different era with Conference payouts, exposure, & demographics. Recruiting is different today, I know T. Fischer is trying to bring in some FL guys this class

burning_money.jpg

Chinderella had to go. This week's highlights shows poor DB tackling. Something we've cleaned up since he's gone.

So at least to date the NCAA has successfully imposed a salary cap (tuition, fees, books, room, board, FCOA stipend) on student-athletes in the name of fair competition amongst schools and to limit expenses, why don't they impose one on Head Coach salaries, counting at least 50% of buyout money against the schools cap?

I will hang up and listen.

Chinderella had to go. This week's highlights shows poor DB tackling. Something we've cleaned up since he's gone.
Talked to a buddy of mine who is pretty close to the program. He is saying that Chins is going to get a pass because there is no NFL talent currently on the defense.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
So at least to date the NCAA has successfully imposed a salary cap (tuition, fees, books, room, board, FCOA stipend) on student-athletes in the name of fair competition amongst schools and to limit expenses, why don't they impose one on Head Coach salaries, counting at least 50% of buyout money against the schools cap?

I will hang up and listen.

Maybe they should just skip tuition books, room board and go to straight salary. Don't worry about them going to school even. Why not? Just make it a semi-pro league. Those who can pay can play. Everyone pays taxes on their salaries. Remove the school end of things in everything but name. Then we can see what players and coaches are really worth.

Reactions: Psycho Jim
Maybe they should just skip tuition books, room board and go to straight salary. Don't worry about them going to school even. Why not? Just make it a semi-pro league. Those who can pay can play. Everyone pays taxes on their salaries. Remove the school end of things in everything but name. Then we can see what players and coaches are really worth.
So, are you for or against having salary caps on coaches if the players compensation (regardless of it's magnitude) is capped?

Reactions: GoKnights2003
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT