ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Tuff

He's pretty lucky. Farm accidents are pretty common up here, particularly with augers and PTOs. A few years ago there was a kid who got caught in a sweep auger near me and it pretty much ripped his legs off. His dad pulled him out of the bin and held him til he died. Really sad story. My grandpa got his shirt caught in a driveshaft and it spun him around for about 10 seconds at 800 rpms before it tore his shirt off. He was pretty sore but went right back to work the next day.

He's pretty lucky. Farm accidents are pretty common up here, particularly with augers and PTOs. A few years ago there was a kid who got caught in a sweep auger near me and it pretty much ripped his legs off. His dad pulled him out of the bin and held him til he died. Really sad story. My grandpa got his shirt caught in a driveshaft and it spun him around for about 10 seconds at 800 rpms before it tore his shirt off. He was pretty sore but went right back to work the next day.

Psshhh! My hand got cut to shreds straightening out the papers on my desk yesterday and my carpal tunnel is giving me fits.

"In a sweep auger near you"...so you actually watched it?

Psshhh! My hand got cut to shreds straightening out the papers on my desk yesterday and my carpal tunnel is giving me fits.

"In a sweep auger near you"...so you actually watched it?
No, i was a few miles away. I wouldn't have wanted to see that.

No, i was a few miles away. I wouldn't have wanted to see that.
Gotcha. The wording made it seem like you were there. I don't think anyone would want to witness that.

The driveshaft story, because your gramps survived, is great. I'd love to be at bars sharing that one. No one wants to hear about me spinning at 30 rpms on the Tea Cups at Disney. [sick]

Damn ... this wasn't like he had a lot of time to consider either. Tough ... and smart.

Gotcha. The wording made it seem like you were there. I don't think anyone would want to witness that.

The driveshaft story, because your gramps survived, is great. I'd love to be at bars sharing that one. No one wants to hear about me spinning at 30 rpms on the Tea Cups at Disney. [sick]

I vomit every time I read Ninjas posts. Is that equally pathetic or understandable?

Actually, I'm calling bullshit on this story. Got to thinking about it and cant understand how it makes sense.

For the amount of time it would take to cut a foot off, either the belts or motor cutout would have stopped the auger from running. Its not like a withdraw auger turns slowly. If it was a powerful enough motor and auger it would have either pulled him in completely in a few seconds or sheared off his leg. Maybe he got bound up in it and it stalled, but that's the only way I can see this being a true story. I just cant see how acting quickly, as the story says, made any difference.

Actually, I'm calling bullshit on this story. Got to thinking about it and cant understand how it makes sense.

For the amount of time it would take to cut a foot off, either the belts or motor cutout would have stopped the auger from running. Its not like a withdraw auger turns slowly. If it was a powerful enough motor and auger it would have either pulled him in completely in a few seconds or sheared off his leg. Maybe he got bound up in it and it stalled, but that's the only way I can see this being a true story. I just cant see how acting quickly, as the story says, made any difference.

My first thought as well. How do you "quickly" cut off your leg with a pocket knife. I've quartered at least a hundred hogs, very similiar anatomy and it takes quite a bit of time even with experience to do that.

Its a little bit disturbing how so many of you guys have boners over Publix.

Because it's uniquely Florida and happens to be the GOAT supermarket of all time.

Even Review Brah found the Publix chicken tender sub to be his favorite sandwich of all time and reigned praise upon it.

Some day Publix and their $30B machine of amazingness will make its' way to Nebraska and provide comfort to the unwashed masses.

Its a little bit disturbing how so many of you guys have boners over Publix.
I'm a Publix shopper during the winter and didn't realize I was shopping in the World's Most Awesome-ist Grocery Store---but I'll admit I never thought to try a chicken tender sub there.

But I don't feel the least-bit deprived because I suspect most of you shlubs have never experienced the mouth-watering joy of a Runza sandwich at a RUNZA fast food restaurant.

I'm a Publix shopper during the winter and didn't realize I was shopping in the World's Most Awesome-ist Grocery Store---but I'll admit I never thought to try a chicken tender sub there.

But I don't feel the least-bit deprived because I suspect most of you shlubs have never experienced the mouth-watering joy of a Runza sandwich at a RUNZA fast food restaurant.

Bro I will tell you this in the most gentle way I know possible.

Runza is hot garbage. It is a glorified hot Pocket, but soggier. It's most popular flavor is salmonella. If I I had a gun with two bullets and was trapped in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and a runza I would shoot the runza twice.

Runza is hot garbage. It is a glorified hot Pocket, but soggier. It's most popular flavor is salmonella. If I I had a gun with two bullets and was trapped in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and a runza I would shoot the runza twice.
What my friend, Ninja, is trying to say is that Runzas are an acquired taste.

My favorite runza is the BBQ beef, but its followed closely by the 9mm runza.

Because it's uniquely Florida and happens to be the GOAT supermarket of all time.
Even Review Brah found the Publix chicken tender sub to be his favorite sandwich of all time and reigned praise upon it.
Some day Publix and their $30B machine of amazingness will make its' way to Nebraska and provide comfort to the unwashed masses.
After Goodings died off (its near-Disney location was the last holdout), Publix became the GOAT in Florida.

Ok, I’ll get roasted for this and idgaf. Publix’s chicken tenders suck.

Right out of the fryer, they are decent. Problem is, they tend to sit out for some time and the breading gets nasty and falls off. They don’t reheat well when you buy them and bring them home either.

Completely underrated: publix’s Popcorn chicken. Outstanding.

Roast away.

Right out of the fryer, they are decent. Problem is, they tend to sit out for some time and the breading gets nasty and falls off. They don’t reheat well when you buy them and bring them home either.

Roast away.

Mods how do I delete someone else's account?

Reactions: btbones
QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1606159, member: 950"]Mods how do I delete someone else's account?[/QUOTE]

Come at me bro

Isn’t it Runza’s fries that Frost was quoted as having the best fries in an Orlando interview or was that another place in Lincoln?

What about their 8 piece fried chicken?

Publix is awesome. Clean and they take care of their employees. They have a great retirement plan, often promote loyal employees and managers can make 6 figures
I wish I worked THERE prior to graduating college instead of all the other crap jobs out there

Roast away.

I agree about the popcorn chicken, one of my favorite items there. I've actually had them make me a veggie sub before, buy the small popcorn chicken, and made my own popcorn chicken sub. It's awesome.

Roast away.
they are good, but overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT