ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever hear the air go out of a stadium? It sounds like a Big Red whimper, and it can be beautiful. All that silence shouted: The Buffaloes, led by quarterback Steven Montez, are back, loud and proud, after beating Nebraska 33-28 on Saturday. Move over, Kordell Stewart and Darian Hagan. Make room for another CU legend. Montez defeated the team that Buffs love to hate most, throwing a 40-yard touchdown strike to Laviska Shenault that hushed the Huskers with 66 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. “Not bad,” Montez said, “for a knucklehead.” Colorado had not played the Huskers since 2010. Think it was worth the wait? Mike MacIntyre was named the best coach in the nation two years ago, but this will be remembered as his signature victory at Colorado. In his first trip to Lincoln, MacIntyre spoiled the party of Scott Frost, a favorite son of Nebraska who hoped to ride the emotional wave of support from a crowd of 89,853 in Memorial Stadium to his first victory as coach of his alma mater.

— Mark Kiszla, Denver Post
Wow! Great article! Thanks! Wonder if Chinander had a couple of linebackers who run a 4.8-4.9 forty cover the player on the winning touchdown strike? Where was Tre Neal?

Like I said, all the talk about the offense, but it’s the defense that killed NGEbraska in the end. Again.

Wow! Great article! Thanks! Wonder if Chinander had a couple of linebackers who run a 4.8-4.9 forty cover the player on the winning touchdown strike? Where was Tre Neal?

Like I said, all the talk about the offense, but it’s the defense that killed NGEbraska in the end. Again.
Neal had to call a TO when they only had 10 on field. Nobody else even recognized it. They are in rough shape on defense. Entire offense is Martinez. If he gets hurt most games will be loss s.

Neal had to call a TO when they only had 10 on field. Nobody else even recognized it. They are in rough shape on defense. Entire offense is Martinez. If he gets hurt most games will be loss s.
From what I’m reading is that it’s too early to tell if he suffered a season ending injury, but it doesn’t look promising for next weekend. Troy beat Florida A&M 59-7. Game vs NGEbraska is at 12

Looks like Frost did his best to keep it competitive per ESPN "... and a pair of failed fourth-down attempts by Nebraska helped keep the Buffs close."

At least when he did that here, we won. I wonder how many losses like that will the "real football" fans allow?

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Great game. Sometimes the better team loses. We dominated on the stats. But the only stat the matters is the scoreboard. Martinez played as good as you could have asked him to. Hopefully he is hurt and not injured. Kid is a baller. Time will tell.

Congratulations on a your win today UCF.
Exactly this.

Yesterday was a great game. The improvement on BOTH sides of the ball was absolutely fantastic! The new staff has made huge improvements. I cant wait to see what they do in the next few years!

Reactions: husker0028
From what I’m reading is that it’s too early to tell if he suffered a season ending injury, but it doesn’t look promising for next weekend. Troy beat Florida A&M 59-7. Game vs NGEbraska is at 12

If Troy beats Nobraska next, does the "FireFrost" website go up?

Reactions: Mikesi
If Troy beats Nobraska next, does the "FireFrost" website go up?

He has all the time he needs. Nobody expects a miracle season. We are playing one if the toughest schedules in the country this year and Frost and crew already have made great progress. I don’t understand the hatred by you guys The guy returned to his Home, why not be happy for the guy. He gave UCF all he had. He has a major rebuild and people know are just want to see improvement. We lost but we did see improvement and we can’t ask for more than that. He needs to recruit several areas that are really week. Frost told a group that I was with at a spring practice that we were not very good and the talent was worse in several areas then he originally thought. It’s a rebuild job. Looks good so far

He has all the time he needs. Nobody expects a miracle season. We are playing one if the toughest schedules in the country this year and Frost and crew already have made great progress. I don’t understand the hatred by you guys The guy returned to his Home, why not be happy for the guy. He gave UCF all he had. He has a major rebuild and people know are just want to see improvement. We lost but we did see improvement and we can’t ask for more than that. He needs to recruit several areas that are really week. Frost told a group that I was with at a spring practice that we were not very good and the talent was worse in several areas then he originally thought. It’s a rebuild job. Looks good so far

I'm happy for Scott Frost. I love rubbing this in to the Cornhole Turds that have been polluting our board since October trolling us and trying to teach us ancient history about college football.

The only thing Nobraska football has been good at in this century is firing coaches and Frost is the next ex-Nobraska head coach.

I'm happy for Scott Frost. I love rubbing this in to the Cornhole Turds that have been polluting our board since October trolling us and trying to teach us ancient history about college football.

The only thing Nobraska football has been good at in this century is firing coaches and Frost is the next ex-Nobraska head coach.

The only way he leaves Nebraska is on his own. He has Kirk ferentz status here, he will be given all the time he needs. The vast majority of fans know it’s rebuild and being a neb guy everybody is 100% behind him. He could win nothing this year and if we are seeing the team looking better people are happy. Leaving the stadium yesterday, everybody was happy with what we saw besides our 1 scholarship QB go down. I wish we had a Milton. We have great receivers but nobody in Milton’s league on our team. He is a great QB and it’s amazing watching him make plays.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The only way he leaves Nebraska is on his own. He has Kirk ferentz status here, he will be given all the time he needs. The vast majority of fans know it’s rebuild and being a neb guy everybody is 100% behind him. He could win nothing this year and if we are seeing the team looking better people are happy. Leaving the stadium yesterday, everybody was happy with what we saw besides our 1 scholarship QB go down. I wish we had a Milton. We have great receivers but nobody in Milton’s league on our team. He is a great QB and it’s amazing watching him make plays.

This is unusual, and nice Cornhole fan. We don't get any of those here. But I'll wait to see if you show your true colors.

MM is clearly a special player, but that shouldnt take away from Martinez. First game in 2 years which was against a rival and he still completed 75% and had over 100 rushing yards. Is Milton a better player in year 2 or 3? No question whatsoever. Was he better as a true freshman? Probably not.

Reactions: ucfast00 and NU_FTW
MM is clearly a special player, but that shouldnt take away from Martinez. First game in 2 years which was against a rival and he still completed 75% and had over 100 rushing yards. Is Milton a better player in year 2 or 3? No question whatsoever. Was he better as a true freshman? Probably not.
Martinez is an injury magnet. One game and he’s hurt. You’re no good if you’re not out there. Just you wait

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Milton wasn't better yesterday either to be honest.

You only play two good teams. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The 'hatred' stems from being trolled nonstop by your fanbase since October last year, and the snakelike way Frost handled himself at the end.

You only play two good teams. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The 'hatred' stems from being trolled nonstop by your fanbase since October last year, and the snakelike way Frost handled himself at the end.

And the trolling continues to this day, even after those turds lose...

You are basing that on 1 incomplete game. He may not play another until next year, you are getting a little ahead of yourself there Sparky....

@BG_Knightmare @Brandon can we please have a moderator to clean up all this Nebraska talk? It’s sad when three of the top five threads are about Nebraska.

Can you make someone in here a mod so they can at a minimum combine/merge all the Nebraska threads into one thread?

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
You are basing that on 1 incomplete game. He may not play another until next year, you are getting a little ahead of yourself there Sparky....
Used to be a rival. You haven't played them since 2010.

Don't sugar coat. I bet you do wish you had Milton. Count your lucky stars, Frost stole Vedral and couple other of our guys and recruits from us, so that does leave a sour taste. I have no issue in Frost leaving, it was the way everything unraveled.

Whoa, all caps....
Well if the stupid UCF fans who keep making Nebraska threads would stop, there would cease to be Nebraska threads.

If when a Nebraska poster contributes to a conversation, but objectively, instead of getting butthurt and bringing Nebraska into the conversation that isnt about Nebraska perhaps that would end the discussions about Nebraska.

Fact is UCF Fans are in love with hating Nebraska

Well if the stupid UCF fans who keep making Nebraska threads would stop, there would cease to be Nebraska threads.

If when a Nebraska poster contributes to a conversation, but objectively, instead of getting butthurt and bringing Nebraska into the conversation that isnt about Nebraska perhaps that would end the discussions about Nebraska.

Let me know when I go to Nebraska board and say anything. About UCF or Nebraska. I haven’t yet. But if you continue I will go over there. Stop worrying about what’s on our board. Stick to your own.

I don't think you know what the word 'objectively' means.

Effff YOU! You are the trolls that keep coming over here. GTFOOH NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT