ADVERTISEMENT

Need some help

HuffyCane

Golden Knight
Dec 25, 2004
ok Cooligans I've given plenty of free advice over the years. I need a favor.

Do any of you know how to retrieve a thread that has been deleted.

Sometime today a senior member of TU's staff or a major donor posted some very juicy gossip about how dysfunctional our locker room renovation project has become using the screen name Hero on our free board TU Football.

It was deleted before I could read it. The moderators on our board said the user deleted it. Can you retrieve it and post screen shots here?

Dang! I'd try Google Cache. Google creates local copies of pages. Try to do a Google search for words you know appear in that page, and right click on it to scroll down to "cached". Even if the Google link takes you to that page and you get a 404 page, if it was up long enough Google could have created a cached version.

ok Cooligans I've given plenty of free advice over the years. I need a favor.

Do any of you know how to retrieve a thread that has been deleted.

Sometime today a senior member of TU's staff or a major donor posted some very juicy gossip about how dysfunctional our locker room renovation project has become using the screen name Hero on our free board TU Football.

It was deleted before I could read it. The moderators on our board said the user deleted it. Can you retrieve it and post screen shots here?
If Google happened to have caught it, you can search for it and then click to view the cached version. If its the photos you're looking for, it's less likely those are cached or still where the link points to. It's worth a shot though.

Reactions: UCFhonors
There is a guy on Rivals Soundoff @The.Waving.Wheat who might be able to.

He got Troll of the Year. I came in 2nd. Anyways, he did this bot that liked everyone's posts and other crazy things. He has helped me read threads on the MB when I get tagged. He might have done what Ninja is talking about? I'm not sure.

Good luck, my friend. Hope you can find it.

If you pull it off, whoever helps you should get Internet of the Year winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT