ADVERTISEMENT

Next UCF Coach?

Anyone could do a better job.
An inanimate carbon rod

The point of this thread is more so to think about what other names are out there and less of what the rest of the threads are right now.

For me I like Jon Sumrall, dude seems to be next in line to make a jump and Tulane is a familiar face.

Would also be interested to see Terry’s interest in bringing back names like Kinne, Frost and TWill

If we're just going to suck this bad, a young hungry coach. No More Offensive Geniuses.
I'll wait till the end of the season an pick the surprise G5 HC.

Reactions: Knightmare13
Mike Norvell could use a fresh start. Justin Fuente had some success at Memphis. Frank Smith is a former OC at Boston College. Smith is currently on Mike McDaniel's staff in Miami. Jamey Chadwell at Liberty? Sorry, I could not come up with a better list of HC candidates.

Reactions: Knightmare13
Ryan Silverfield from Memphis is probably also going to be a popular name.

Successful HC (35-20 as of this writing)
From Jax (won 2 st titles at Bolles)
NFL Coaching experience
Experience on both sides of football

We now have the cash to hire and keep the right guy in Orlando. Gus was a great hire under the circumstances when we hired him. Not so sure about the TMo hire…but I digress.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
Asking more of this out of curiosity to those who want Gus gone. Who do you want next?
Chia pet, a pet rock, a can of dried up paint, a sack of potatoes, a sandbag, half chewed gum, Forrest Gump, Abbott or Costello, one of the Three Stooges, Bozo the Clown... actually, any unemployed former circus clown.

Asking more of this out of curiosity to those who want Gus gone. Who do you want next?
Just about anyone who has an offense that is not from the time of leather helmets and who can recruit and develop players particularly QBs
Clark Lea (pipedream)
Rhett Lashlee (another pipedream)
Will Stein (probably another pipedream)

Last edited:
Just about anyone who has an offense that is from the time of leather helmets and who can recruit and develop players particularly QBs
Clark Lea (pipedream)
Rhett Lashlee (another pipedream)
Will Stein (probably another pipedream)
Rhett would be good but I doubt UCF has the money to get him. Think of a young rising G5 head coach.

@AuburnLegacy_1 any idea who would be a good hire for UCF once Gus is fired.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If Scott Frost ever coaches again at UCF, I’d like him to publicly acknowledge that his 2017 UCF team was a co-national champion with Alabama. After he went to Nebraska, Frost said in an interview that he wished the ring he’d gotten didn’t say “National Champions” on it. Funny, he didn’t seem to have a problem accepting the pay bonus for winning a national championship that Danny White reportesly paid all the coaching staff. I don’t know why Frost said what he said, but it was idiotic and he should take it back, in my opinion.

Cookie Monster
Dracula
A gay cat
A straight cat
A bisexual cat
A guy named Doug
A Walmart greeter
Alf
A set of Spider-Man Pajamas
A gay set of Spider-Man Pajamas
A grumpy set of Spider-Man pajamas
A cup of cold water
I could be any type of cat for $3m a year and a $12m buyout. They/them Cat, unambiguous cat, can’t win cat, option cat, no pass cat, you name it.
Dude. Thank you for posting that. Made me feel laugh.

Hiring an unemployed retread with 6 losing seasons in 7 years of head coaching to replace one of the greatest coaches in college football history sounds like something even Auburn would not do.

Auburn is 19-25 since firing Gus.
UCF is 9-9 in the 12 with the best coach not named Saban. Hope you guys don’t go and steal him back and have to pay UCF to take him. Please dont do that to us, please don’t rally your boosters to bring him back. Please don’t start a go fund me to fire your weirdo coach and bring Gus back. UCF will never survive. Auburn deserves Gus, he should go back. We will miss him for sure with all the success he has Brought here but hopefully the buyout money Auburn gives UCF can help them get some mid tier coach that will never live up to the Gus standard at UCF.

Since GOL, every coach has won a conference championship in four years or less.

UCF is 9-9 in the 12 with the best coach not named Saban.
That's P4 football. Look at every other new program that has been P4 for two seasons.
Since GOL, every coach has won a conference championship in four years or less.
I'm the AAC* They won in a watered down AAC. This is big boy football.

EDIT: UCF is no longer in the AAC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT