ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Stats and UCF

Blake has had a very good year....he just needs to focus on improving his first half performances...as most of his INT's and much fewer TD's came in 1st half when most games are in doubt.

In 1st Half Stats this season, Blake has 12 TD's but 9 INT's...but in 2nd Halfs, when some games are blowouts/garbage time, Blake has 23 TD's and just 7 TD's.

Another end of the first half and/or game...In final 2 mins of a half, Blake has 8 TD's but 6 (some very costly) INT's.

Jags team needs a lot of help...but I think Blake will only get better in the coming years as young WR's like Hurns and Robinson are improving all the time.

During the game, they showed a pretty cool graphic with stats comparing Bortles and Brees. It compared the 2 QB's through (I think) 27 starts. Bortles had more TD's and more yards. Brees actually had more INT's than he had TD's. Obviously, Brees still had a better win/loss record but Bortles had him beat in most QB stats (although close). Hopefully he continues to grow and become a great one.

Blake has had a very good year....he just needs to focus on improving his first half performances...as most of his INT's and much fewer TD's came in 1st half when most games are in doubt.

In 1st Half Stats this season, Blake has 12 TD's but 9 INT's...but in 2nd Halfs, when some games are blowouts/garbage time, Blake has 23 TD's and just 7 TD's.

Another end of the first half and/or game...In final 2 mins of a half, Blake has 8 TD's but 6 (some very costly) INT's.

Jags team needs a lot of help...but I think Blake will only get better in the coming years as young WR's like Hurns and Robinson are improving all the time.
The jags have only had 3 games that featured garbage time which were the blowouts to the saints and pats and the game that they blew out the colts. He does need to cut down the interceptions, but he is one of the leaders in passing attempts and leads the league in downfield passing plays so when you are taking as many shots as he is you will throw picks. That's also why they have scored so many touchdowns and are a top 10 offense this year.

Reactions: Knight_Light
During the game, they showed a pretty cool graphic with stats comparing Bortles and Brees. It compared the 2 QB's through (I think) 27 starts. Bortles had more TD's and more yards. Brees actually had more INT's than he had TD's. Obviously, Brees still had a better win/loss record but Bortles had him beat in most QB stats (although close). Hopefully he continues to grow and become a great one.
I remember them posting that and saying the stats were very similar when in reality the TDs and yards were heavily in favor of Bortles and not really even close. The interceptions completion percentage were similar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT